Help Me Out People!

Topic locked
help me out people! Jun 10, 2006
i have just recently moved to dubai, from britain. i am not a muslim, but i am very interested in finding out about your beliefs etc. so come on and tell me! your help is greatly appreciated!

dave_w_uk
Dubai Forum User

how about... Jun 10, 2006
How about you ask, and I answer whatever I am sure of, or others are sure of...
BUT PLEASE SISTERS AND BROTHERS, ANSWER WITH WHAT YOU TRUELY BELIEVE IS RIGHT (as a fact), AND NOT WHAT YOU MIGHT THINK (maybe) IS TRUE!!!
sarahamdy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2006
good job scaring the guy sarah :P

dave, just keep in mind as you hear from different poeple. Islam is a religion of 1 billion people, with alot of diversity among those. Zarqawi was a muslim, Salman Rushdie is a mulsim too (by birth at least) !!!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 10, 2006
There is good and bad people in all religions. Not all muslims are like Bin Ladin, just like not all Catholics are like the Pope!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 10, 2006
I have studied a lot about Islam. One needs to seperate the ideology with the practice. Things can get highly twisted in this area. The way the religion was intented isn't always the way it is implemented. Islam stresses compassion, faith, and "submission." Terrorists preach violence. You should be able to decipher the differences, and take the good with the bad. What bothers me is that the Klu Klux Klan can get away with injustices and everybody seems to just sweep it under the rug! Grrr :twisted:
leelola
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2006
Dave,
I would be more than happy to supply u with books and sites about Islam and even people to talk to. If u r interested just PM me with ur email address.
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Jun 10, 2006
the main thing about islam is that there is one god. and created every living being. he put us on this earth to test us if we r worthy of his heaven or not.
he sent prophets to the people to guide us. like arbraham and jesus. and the last phrophet it mohammed *pbuh* and we basically use the quran which is the last holy book sent by god to mohammed and follow his teachings of islam.
islam as a word is meaning to serrunder yo gods mercy and love.

hop that helps u out :)
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jun 10, 2006
yes the klu klux klan are evil in every way, but dont forget racism works both ways! we all need to learn to be colour-blind! thanks for the help so far guys! but keep it coming, you've all intrigued me now!
dave_w_uk
Dubai Forum User

Jun 10, 2006
Hi,
dave just to make this useful to everyone, i will post it here, but if u have anyfurther questions feel free to contact me.

As a start , read this first
http://discover.islamway.com/articles.php?article_id=2

then read this
http://www.what-is-islam.org/islamvschrist.html

for general stuff, go to this site:
http://www.what-is-islam.org/
http://discover.islamway.com/
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Jun 10, 2006
the_zooter wrote:There is good and bad people in all religions. Not all muslims are like Bin Ladin, just like not all Catholics are like the Pope!!

thank god! too many of them proved to be the biggest hypocrits, charlatans and deniers of christians values so that their role would be a gage or a role model for anybody for that matter.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 10, 2006
Going back to the original post, what exactly are you looking to find out Dave?
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 10, 2006
just want to find out more while im here in a muslim country, plus i did enjoy religous studies in school, but it only briefly covers other religions!
dave_w_uk
Dubai Forum User

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums