Fathers Sponsoring Daughters OVER 21

Topic locked
Fathers sponsoring daughters OVER 21 May 07, 2006
Can anyone tell me if daughters OVER 21 can still be sponsored by their fathers? I have heard that there is a new law that states fathers can only sponsor unmarried daughters UP TO the age of 21 now. Anyone know if this is so? :?:

[/b]

aussielot
Dubai Forum Guest

May 07, 2006
My understanding is it is not a new law and I don't believe you can.

2 options,
1. if your company wants you bad enough get them to sponser her, a made up position with minimal salary that they won't actually get around to paying her ;)

2. I'm making the assumption that you and your daughter are both Australian, if this is correct then every 60 days all she needs to do is cross the border and cross back again, this can be done by easily driving to oman and back, about 3 hours round trip or there are visa flights that emirates does to Doha for ~AED500, many people do things like this but you should talk to your companies PRO he may give you other suggestions and highlight the risks.

Good luck,
oh btw is she hot and single???? hehehe, just playing.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 07, 2006
i thought a father can sponsor an unmarried daughter indefinitely ? i am not sure, maybe someone with more concrete info can post here.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
I'm 22 and my dad sponsors me.
Precious_Princess
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 07, 2006
P.S: even if a you're married and the authorites dont know about it - your father can sponsor you. Catch is : dont get pregnant! lol
Precious_Princess
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 07, 2006
so i guess we can hook up ? as long as i dont get you pregnant ??

just kidding :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Hiya May 08, 2006
Well, I am moving this September to Dubai where my dad already lives.
I'll be studying one year middle eastern studies&arabic on AUD.
I was pretty much sure that he can sponsor me... I am 22...
Laydee
Dubai Forum User

May 08, 2006
my apologies, looks like i gave you wrong info. :oops:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 08, 2006
comon fayz you know better than to steer away all those beautiful 21+ girls from Dubai :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2006
Surely you would be here on a student visa anyway if you are studying full time?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 08, 2006
Where are you Dxbsoul when we need you!! Anyway, father's can sponsor their unmarried daughter's indefinitely. True about when they get married father's can continue to do so (illegally). About the pregnancy well even that's a myth - because I went through it - anyway decided to bother and come on husband's visa so everything's legal. I know someone who has 3 kids and still on father's visa.

Unless there's a new law now - which I would know because I read the papers everyday!
audreygaur
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 09, 2006
Audry is correct DXB soul is the man.

But ..... i know the answer

Fayz was toally correct in saying a daughter upto the age of 21 and must be "un-married" can only be sponsored.

Princess, your father either knows someone in immigration, or he has obtained a fake or false bith certificate.

Thw law is quite clear.

Sons up to the age of 18 is ok

Un-Married daughters up to the age of 21 is ok

The law has not changed in this respect.
arniegang

May 09, 2006
arniegang wrote:Princess, your father either knows someone in immigration, or he has obtained a fake or false bith certificate.

And what makes you say that, I wonder?
Precious_Princess
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 10, 2006
Because if you are 22 then it is against UAE immigration law - so its quite simple really.
arniegang

May 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:Because if you are 22 then it is against UAE immigration law - so its quite simple really.

arniegang wrote:Fayz was toally correct in saying a daughter upto the age of 21 and must be "un-married" can only be sponsored.

Princess, your father either knows someone in immigration, or he has obtained a fake or false bith certificate

Am I the only one lost here? Or did you just contradict your own statement
Precious_Princess
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 10, 2006
Fayz said this

My understanding is it is not a new law and I don't believe you can.

then i said this

Fayz was toally correct in saying a daughter upto the age of 21 and must be "un-married" can only be sponsored.

then i said this

The law is quite clear.

Sons up to the age of 18 is ok

Un-Married daughters up to the age of 21 is ok

The law has not changed in this respect.

then i said this

Because if you are 22 then it is against UAE immigration law - so its quite simple really.

Which part do you not understand?

contradiction means an alternative answer, neither Fayz or myself has led you to believe you can be sponsored by your father. Fayz stated he "didnt think so" and i confirmed he was correct, and further explained the law.

Lets hope you listen more carefully to your future patients

:roll: :roll:
arniegang

May 10, 2006
i'd like to throw a proverbial spanner in the works ...
this is a copy of the reply i sent aussielot ....

The original law - posted below included unmarried daughters of ANY age. I must admit I don't know if this has been changed recently, as the labour law manual is only updated yearly - although alterations have to be published in the paper (Arabic and English). These amendments are then published in the handbook the following year and although I try to keep track of the amendments may have missed it!

I’ll try to find out for you. The alternative is that your daughter applies to a college or university to study in the UAE – which would entitle her to a Student Visa. Text in inverted comma's the original law, italic text are my own comments/ notes.

Trust this helps, will try to get an awnser for you....

“Resolution 9 of 1995 concerning organizing and bringing in of family members and servants by foreign manpower” (in short sponsoring)
Article 1

“An expatriate may sponsor and bring his family members, if his monthly salary is not less than three thousand (3000) Dirhams and if his employer provides him with accommodation or four thousand (4000) Dirhams if his employer does not provide him with accommodation. Proof of salary may be established by and official certificate duly attested by the State’s concerned authorities.

The word “family” means one’s wife, male sons up to the age of 18, and unmarried daughters.

(Not included are students enrolled in at Universities and higher institutions)”

Note: Foreign students studying at local institutions are issued Student Visas - the Article does not make ANY age provision for unmarried daughters. However in instances/ loopholes like this a further amendment is normally issued, or the Department of labour may judge the case on its merits

Article 2

“An expatriate who receives a monthly salary of at least Dhs. 6000 may sponsor a male or female domestic worker, provided he pays the State’s Treasury an annual sum equivalent to the domestic workers annual salary and not less than Dhs. 400 per month.”

Article 3

“A woman working in special or rare fields like medicine, engineering, teaching and similar professions needed by the UAE, shall have the right to take the place of the family head by sponsoring and bringing in the members of her family and a male or female domestic worker provided that the necessary conditions are met.”

Engineering in this instance refers to Electrical and Mechanical types of engineering, and not the generic “Engineer” term used through the Middle East to designate anyone with a Tertiary qualification!

The “necessary conditions” refer to Article 1 and 2 above – relating to the salary requirements.

Article 5

“The following categories may not sponsor and bring in their families, even if the salary condition has been fulfilled:-

• Domestic workers and those in similar professions.
• Labourers and those in similar profession.”

Catagories above refers to the labour designation as printed on your labour card and on your Labour Contract with the Department of Labour
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum