Smokers Everywhere

Topic locked
Smokers everywhere Apr 25, 2006
I know this topic might push some people's buttons...But I will go on anyway. As a nonsmoker I've been suffering from second hand smoking in malls- coffee shops and everywhere. I think smoking should be outdoor only where you can't cause cancer to people –babies around you …Guys smoking is not a private habit cos it affects others brutally... U want to give urself a heart attack or lungs cancer be my guest :evil: but please don't force it on us nonsmokers... Sorry if my post is harsh but I am fed up. SMOKING KILLS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:idea: Ban smoking in public places and indoors :idea:

Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 25, 2006
Completely agree with you. A filthy habit - happy for people to smoke as it's their choice and they are free to do so, but forcing their second-hand smoke on others is selfish and should be banned!

Interesting that here in the UK the Government are currently considering banning the sale of packs of 10, forcing people to buy packs of 20, which they believe could dissuade youngsters from starting out. It's already been done in several countries including Ireland and has been a success
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 25, 2006
OMG

Not the anti smoking lobby pleaseeeeeeeee- just wait till Choc's reads this, then you will start her off too. And in the current climate with we had all better watch out eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Now you have started it off, this will end up in FC - guaranteed

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 25, 2006
Oh Arnie, why so harsh? I have to agree. Smokers are entitled to smoke, but sadly many have quite a selfish attitude and they say it's their freedom to smoke, fine and fair enough, but it becomes unacceptable when that goes over someone elses freedom to breathe fresh smoke free air. Afterall smoke knows no boundaries, non-smoking areas in places are always the smallest and in the crappiest places, why should non-smokers be penalised for wanting to safeguard their health.

People who smoke around children are diplorable, childrens lungs are very fragile and it can cause all manner of problems.

I went out clubbing last Thursday and my god I could barely see through the smokey haze and my lungs hurt for days afterwards, not to mention the hacking cough I had - awful.

At least some places are getting the right idea, Central Perk in Um Sequimm is completely non-smoking on the inside and smoking is allowed outside, which is great as it encourages families.

Also have you noticed how if you're booking group meals out the non-smokers are always forced to compromise and accomodate the smokers? What they can't go a couple of hours with a drag?

Seriously the number of smoking related deaths is horrific every single year. Have you ever seen what the lung of a dead smoker looks like? I have! You can literally pick it up and squeeze out the tar! It's foul!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 25, 2006
OMG Chocs is here

run awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy me is hiding

:P :P
arniegang

Apr 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:OMG

Not the anti smoking lobby pleaseeeeeeeee- just wait till Choc's reads this, then you will start her off too. And in the current climate with we had all better watch out eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Now you have started it off, this will end up in FC - guaranteed

someone is scared from us girls "lobbying" together :wink: Females against Smokers :twisted: wohooooooooooo :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 25, 2006
Hey hang on a minute - I'm a male! :wink:
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 25, 2006
G wrote:Hey hang on a minute - I'm a male! :wink:

:oops: ooops sorry .... sure u are i was talking about me and chocoholik

{u believe me right? } :wink: :wink:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 25, 2006
psssssssssssssssssstt

i'm peeking - is it all clear for me to come back now?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tip toes away again shhhhhhhhhhhh
arniegang

Apr 25, 2006
Hehehe, Arnie chill! It's OK for you to have a lil' puff, just not around me!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 25, 2006
grrrrr careful :cat:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Smokers everywhere Apr 25, 2006
Corcovado wrote:I know this topic might push some people's buttons...But I will go on anyway. As a nonsmoker I've been suffering from second hand smoking in malls- coffee shops and everywhere. I think smoking should be outdoor only where you can't cause cancer to people –babies around you …Guys smoking is not a private habit cos it affects others brutally... U want to give urself a heart attack or lungs cancer be my guest :evil: but please don't force it on us nonsmokers... Sorry if my post is harsh but I am fed up. SMOKING KILLS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:idea: Ban smoking in public places and indoors :idea:

I totally agree with you! its not fair on us non-smokers...i mean some of us are asthmatic...oh well i guess thats life cant have everything we want
tinkerbella
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 27, 2006
(Raising a clenched fist in the air...) RIGHTS FOR SMOKERS!!

Yeah, we choose to kill ourselves this way cos it's actually quite a nice way to go...but we also don't mind going outside to have a fag from time to time. Its breaks the monotony of the day AND we get to see what the weather is like.

Most of the cafes have outside seating areas where we lepers can congregate and swap cigarette cards and generally be more interesting social animals... rather than hiding behind the bike sheds.

8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 27, 2006
Power to the smokers

(wolfie smith circa 1980)
arniegang

Apr 27, 2006
I'm with the gals, and Mr. G - smoking is a nasty habit. If people want to smoke they should do it outside or in their own homes - spare the rest of us from second-hand smoke indoors please!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 27, 2006
Do you wanna be my friend or wot K !!!!? :wink:

:lol:
arniegang

Apr 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:I'm with the gals, and Mr. G - smoking is a nasty habit. If people want to smoke they should do it outside or in their own homes - spare the rest of us from second-hand smoke indoors please!

You must have had a blast then at the Shisha joint... :wink:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 27, 2006
Sorry Arnie, you and Mrs. Arnie are fab, but it won't change my mind about smoking indoors :)

Shisha is outdoors, and shisha smells good :) I'm not saying that I'm perfect - I like to smoke a cigar or shisha once or twice a year. The thing is, it is outdoors when I do it.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 27, 2006
[quote="kanelli"] I'm not saying that I'm perfectquote]

:shock:

Kanelli is not perfect??? :shock:

OMG!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am saving this... :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2006
Only you claim to be perfect Liban. When you admit that you aren't I'll be sure to save that post too. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 29, 2006
Smoking is a disgusting and filthy habit-I agree. It should be banned in public places-absolutely. It is an infringement upon other people's rights. Hopefully the law will change here.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 29, 2006
Gabs............................

shut up

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 29, 2006
Oi Arnie - you shut up! hehehehe! Go sit inside a smoke filled tent and keep your habit away from infringing on the fresh air.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 29, 2006
I knew you would start again Chocs

geezzzzzz you non smokers :P :P

arniegang

Apr 29, 2006
Hey, just keeping up the fight for the right to beathe fresh air - that's all.

It's one thing I really hate about Dubai, our office was voted non-smkong two years ago, as there are only 2 smokers, so they're in a minority, but morons from our upstairs offices come down and puff away, ggrrrr I tell them in no uncertain terms it's not allowed in our office. I can't go upstairs anymore, 30 seconds in the bigwigs office and you stink like a dirty ashtray - it's foul!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 29, 2006
SMOKING RULZ!!!! :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 29, 2006
Yeah, I smoke and I'll smoke where I am allowed to smoke. It should be banned though inside buildings.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 30, 2006
Dubai is about the only place where most places are smoking places...so I smoke in the places that place smoking as a right...which is just about every place!

I am away to place a cigarette in the place I use to smoke it and pace up and down outside the workplace...smoking!

Sorted!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 30, 2006
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Smoking smells! :pukeright:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 30, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Smoking smells! :pukeright:

So does Oud...but they haven't banned the use of that in enclosed spaces or elevators...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums