Beaches In Dubai

Topic locked
beaches in Dubai Apr 01, 2006
Hi guys,
i'm still not in Dubai (will go there next month), but i would like to know about the beaches there.
What are the beaches there like? best months to swim?
thnx

katy
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 01, 2006
Jumeirah Beach and Jebel Ali Beach-nice sand, nice water. In some months it gets too cold and then in the summer the water actually gets way too warm and sickly to swim in. Went to Jebel Ali yesterday and the water was great...will be good til the end of May and then definitely in July it'll be too hot and then in September it'll be good again.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 01, 2006
thnx for the info GAB :)
katy
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 01, 2006
Hey i have heard Jebel Ali beach is a bit rocky???????
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 01, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:Hey i have heard Jebel Ali beach is a bit rocky???????

Go a bit further down the coast towards Abu Dhabi (bit of a trek but worth it) find the public beach at Ras Hisyan. Nice, sandy, no rocks, shelters and showers that sometimes work.

Dubai Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 01, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:

Go a bit further down the coast towards Abu Dhabi (bit of a trek but worth it) find the public beach at Ras Hisyan. Nice, sandy, no rocks, shelters and showers that sometimes work.

Dubai Knight

Now ... that Sounds interesting.. please could u give us a ltl more about the location plz :)
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 01, 2006
Yep-more info please! :D
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 01, 2006
More info...

Can you please give the direction from the "Roundabout" of JA beach resort? where the Go-Kart track on the left and JABR on the right.

GAB, do you go to the beach which we go straight "off road" from there?

this weekend i went to Jumeriah beach, one before and once after Hilton.

Only turn off there, are the Workers who keep watching as if it was TV, it really bothered me "they were not looking at me" but made me feel uncomfortable.

but this weekend, the weather was AMAZING

Cheers all
yshimy

Apr 01, 2006
Intimacy wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

Dubai Knight

Now ... that Sounds interesting.. please could u give us a ltl more about the location plz :)

OK, here we go...

The best and easiest route is as follows and you don't need a 4x4 to get there. There is a 'cross country' option at the end if you are geared for it.

Head down the Sheikh Zayed Road towards Abu Dhabi, go past the turn off to Jebel Ali Hotel and continue until you come to the turn off marked 'Sweib'. There is a radio mast there and a small police station. The slip road goes around the back of these and you follow it around until you come to a new piece of tarmac heading off towards the sea.

This new road heads dead straight for about 3km and turns sharp left next to a large man made hill with a flat top. At this point, turn off the road and head right on any of the hard sand tracks. There is a new chain link fence on your left, follow this and keep it on your left hand side. Very soon it is joined by another fence that channel you through a narrow gap that ends in a hard surface sort of car park, directly behind the beach. It is a mere 50 metres to the sea!

If you are the more adventurous type and have a 4x4, you can drive along the back of the beach from there and there are 3 successive beaches to discover. They all have shelters and showers. There are a number of lagoons you have to work your way around, which makes it more interesting! Be aware that the area is a designated nature reserve and there are flamingoes and many other types of bird life around, but it is municipality beach. The police patrol it from time to time and there are the occasional annoying kids on quad bikes, but on the whole it is a delightful, quiet haven. Lots of kite surfers use it.

Go find it and enjoy!

Dubai Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 01, 2006
Dubai Knight,

Thanks alot mate.. that was helpful
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 01, 2006
Intimacy wrote:Dubai Knight,

Thanks alot mate.. that was helpful

Glad to be of use!

If you are going there on a Friday...go early, the shelters can get taken very quickly!

Knight :wink:
Dubai Knight

Apr 03, 2006
We go down from the palm at JA beach. We like to go so we can take the dog. Over did it last w/e-kids were lathered up to the max with sunscreen and I just went for the lobster look! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 03, 2006
GAB wrote:We go down from the palm at JA beach. We like to go so we can take the dog. Over did it last w/e-kids were lathered up to the max with sunscreen and I just went for the lobster look! :lol:

pmsl its one of the few disadvantages of being blonde gabsy wabsy

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 03, 2006
GAB wrote:We like to go so we can take the dog. :lol:

LOL, i think you should go there, your Dog speically needs alot of space :D

But, once again.. are you sure its a dog? :lol:
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 03, 2006
I think Gabs was confused when she bought it and ended up with a small horse.

arniegang

Apr 03, 2006
arniegang wrote:I think Gabs was confused when she bought it and ended up with a small horse.

Man, Damn... but if its truely as GAP had descriped it.. it should be a pony .. i am picturing GAB's kids riding it :D
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 03, 2006
What do you mean "picture Gabs kids riding it"

Havent you seen or heard of the "mad woman of SZR" riding the pony on the hard shoulder on her way to work ??

Easy to spot, blonde, crocheted cardigan, poncho, trilby hat, birkenstocks and support hose shouting "walkiessssss"

arniegang

Apr 03, 2006
went to the beach near jumeriah beach residences (hopefully my new home soon)....its quite nice and a good stretch of clean sands and good surf...there are 2 hotels in between which have thier own private beaches...but we walked thru them and it was no problemo...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 03, 2006
by the way do u have to pay to inter these beachs or is it for free ?!
And what kind of serves are available there ?!
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 03, 2006
constantine wrote:went to the beach near jumeriah beach residences (hopefully my new home soon)....its quite nice and a good stretch of clean sands and good surf...there are 2 hotels in between which have thier own private beaches...but we walked thru them and it was no problemo...

When JBR is complete all that stretch of beach wil be lost to the public forever.
arniegang

Apr 03, 2006
The Jumeirah Beach is just tha best beach ever. Lot of peeps, not too much, nice view on Burj El Arab and Jumeirah Beach Hotel 8) I go every weekend :P

Jebel Ali Beach just sux... Too much sport activity going on, sand is thick, bottom of the sea is soft... :? :?
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 03, 2006
Wafaey wrote:by the way do u have to pay to inter these beachs or is it for free ?!
And what kind of serves are available there ?!

Public beaches are free, some have services (toilet blocks, showers) but not always functional. The one I recommend at Ras Hiyan has barasti shelters also.

Some of the hotels allow you to use their beaches on a day by day basis. Expect to pay anywhere from 100dhs., to 250dhs. per day! Best of these if you are feeling flush is the Royal Mirage. Just go to the entertainment office and pay the fee. You can use the pool and they give you nice big soft snuggly towels!

Enjoy!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 04, 2006
Hey Arnie and Intimacy-I assure you my dog is NOT a horse! And there are nosigns down SZR about no animals, so there's no prob. there, but there maybe a prob. with the crocheted garments! :? :lol:

DK-You get paid toooo much luvee! :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 04, 2006
GAB wrote:Hey Arnie and Intimacy-I assure you my dog is NOT a horse! And there are nosigns down SZR about no animals, so there's no prob. there, but there maybe a prob. with the crocheted garments! :? :lol:

DK-You get paid toooo much luvee! :shock:

I wish!!!

Only times I have been there are with visiting friends, and they paid! :lol:

Used to go a lot, when I had a job...(putting out the big snuggly towels on the sun beds!) :?

You can see from my Avatar...I nicked a few and now wear them as everyday clothes! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

erect-penis.skuil Apr 06, 2006
good job :)
erect penis skuil
erect100
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 06, 2006
your username is most inappropriate and disrespectful in this forum.

I would respectfully ask you change it please.
arniegang

Apr 06, 2006
Please get rid of that username.

Thank you.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2006

Dubai Knight
[/quote]

I agree! This is certainly worth checking out!
Airmedic
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 07, 2006
u mean princess(e)s in dubai :roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 09, 2006
Hi,
what abouth clothes at public beaches?
is it normal for girl to wear bukini without any problem :)
aruba
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos