World Outrage: Terry Jones Or Iran?

Topic locked

Will the world be outraged most over Iran or Pastor Terry Jones?

World will be more outraged over Jones' burning of Korans
100%
World will be more outraged over death sentence of Pastor
No votes

Total votes : 2

World outrage: Terry Jones or Iran? Mar 01, 2012
Freedom fighter Pastor Terry Jones has announced he'll burn Korans IF the Iranian government does not release a Christian pastor who is on death row for the crime of changing his religion from Islam to Christianity.

Do you think the world - mass media, world leaders, world bodies - will have more condemnation for Terry Jones for destroying his private property or for the state of Iran for detaining and sentencing their own citizen to death for the crime of changing his religion?

Terry Jones Pledges to Burn More Korans & Prophet Muhammad Images if Iranian Pastor Isn’t Released

As you may recall, Jones first gained infamy when he called for copies of the Koran to be burned in response to the proposed Ground Zero mosque. He also attracted a small bit of attention when he announced his intent to run for the U.S. presidency.

Now, the fundamentalist pastor is stepping out, once more, and threatening to burn the holy book and pictures of the Prophet Muhammad if Iran continues its refusal to release Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani. The Blaze has extensively covered Nadarkhani’s plight following his arrest on apostasy charges by Iranian authorities back in 2009.

Jones recorded a video that was uploaded to YouTube on Feb. 24. In it, he highlights his plans and makes overt threats to the Iranian regime.

Terry Jones Will Burn Korans/Muhammad Images Iranian Pastor Not Released

“We demand the immediate release of Pastor Youcef,” Jones says at the beginning of the clip. “Pastor Youcef is a pastor in Iran who has been found guilty…of converting from Islam, the religion of death, to Christianity.”...

While the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) has confirmed that Nadarkhani is still alive, the execution charges against him still stand. You can find out more about the battle to save him here.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/terry-j ... -released/

So where are those Liberals and moderate Muslims? Too bad for pastor Youcef Iran isn't Israel. Then again, he wouldn't be on death row for converting in the most demonized nation on the planet.

If Terry Jones does secure the release of Youcef then he'll do more for human rights than all the world's so-called "moderate" Muslims who are deafeningly silent over this incident.

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: World Outrage: Terry Jones Or Iran? Mar 01, 2012
I voted for the world being more outraged by the burning of the book than the death sentence of the pastor. What a strange world we live in.
Bethsmum

Re: World outrage: Terry Jones or Iran? Mar 01, 2012
For sure, who cares about some pastor lives in the US that usually comes on the news with some funny stuff, I like his mustash tho..
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: World Outrage: Terry Jones Or Iran? Mar 02, 2012
You're a bit of a dope aren't you? You should fit in well round here. The question concerns the death sentence on the paster in Iran! Duh.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:You're a bit of a dope aren't you? You should fit in well round here. The question concerns the death sentence on the paster in Iran! Duh.

How do u know ? dope is dope
Yeah who care if someone is sentenced to death in Iran ?
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

mesheditor wrote:Yeah who care if someone is sentenced to death in Iran

So by your reckoning a book is worth more than the life of a human being. That's very sad indeed.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
mesheditor wrote:Yeah who care if someone is sentenced to death in Iran

So by your reckoning a book is worth more than the life of a human being. That's very sad indeed.

So we haven't moved a bit for all the innocent men, women and chidren that died during the war on terror that was undertaken by the west; and you expect me to sympathize with some pastor in iran ,, I won't go personal in this discussion. many people will die for the burning of the book but not if the pastor got prosecuted. We have to think proactive :-)
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

mesheditor wrote:I won't go personal in this discussion. many people will die for the burning of the book but not if the pastor got prosecuted. We have to think proactive

Oh dear God, another DF nutter. The buggers are multiplying.
Bethsmum

Poking at Islam all the time may tend to bring them out of the wood-work, no?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

OK Kanelli, so what do you suggest will get rid of the problem?
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

kanelli wrote:Poking at Islam all the time may tend to bring them out of the wood-work, no?

Nice.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: World Outrage: Terry Jones Or Iran? Mar 03, 2012
Wonder who's to blame for the Iranian pastor being imprisoned and receiving a death sentence...

Using liberal logic, wouldn't Iran be to blame if Terry Jones decides to burn Korans in response to Iran's actions?
event horizon

Bethsmum wrote:
mesheditor wrote:I won't go personal in this discussion. many people will die for the burning of the book but not if the pastor got prosecuted. We have to think proactive

so this is your best platform to express your hatred towards the Muslim world? come to Dubai and let's have a cup of coffee, you might change some of you ill views .
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

mesheditor wrote:so this is your best platform to express your hatred towards the Muslim world? come to Dubai and let's have a cup of coffee, you might change some of you ill views .

I don't hate Muslims, why ever would you think that? I have a place in Dubai and I absolutely love it. I'm there often. If I hated Muslims I would hardly buy a place in an Islamic country would I?
For the record I do have a couple of very close muslim friends :D
Of course I'd have a cup of coffee with you, just as long as you promise not to kill me or anything :shock:
May be I could reform you! :P

--- Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:22 pm ---

Bethsmum

Dillon , what is your suggestion? I think that throwing all kinds of anti-Islam crap in Muslims' faces, especially ridiculous propaganda written by loons on internet websites, is certainly not the way to make things better. You may recall that Symmetric was trying to calm his anger and change his views because he didn't want to be a hateful person, only to have his past comments thrown in his face constantly and witness a daily barrage of anti-Islam propaganda on the forum. He reverted back to hate, of course. There is no doubt that horrible things have been said by Symmetric and others who are very intolerant people. I'm not letting them off the hook for that. I'm just saying that posting anti-Islamic and anti-Jewish hate on a forum does nothing productive for either side but to make people increasingly intolerant of one another.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: World outrage: Terry Jones or Iran? Mar 03, 2012
So the Iranian pastor is on death row because of "anti-Islam" websites?

My guess is that said websites exist because Iran and other Muslim nations put pastors on death row.

In other words, you have it backwards. Not to mention a peculiar concept of blame, responsibility and moral equivalence.

It would be like blaming atheists for witch burnings because atheists attack Christians or Christianity for witch burnings and witch burnings occur because offended Christians respond to attacks to witch burnings by burning witches; therefore, atheists, not Christians, are to blame for witch burning (because they attack witch burners and that forces witch burners to burn witches) and atheists who attack witch burners are just as bad as those they attack.

Your level of common sense and reasoning boggles the mind.
event horizon

Bethsmum , you really have to work on your personality conflict , you said that we " arabs/ muslims/nutters buggers and are multiplying " as if you talking about bugs or something, and yet you visit UAE and have alreayd got some friends and property in a muslim country.

the arabs are bugs to you, i mean it , shame i feel that i am less than a human being when i see you folks like you around.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

mesheditor ,

I'm sorry but I never mentioned your religion or your race.

What I said was

I have nothing against Arabs. In fact you should stick around and see the stick I get if I ever speak in support of the locals.

--- Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:25 pm ---

mesheditor wrote:the arabs are bugs to you, i mean it , shame i feel that i am less than a human being when i see you folks like you around.

Your imagination is getting the better of you I'm afraid
Bethsmum

Bethsmum , just chill , pray for the pastor not to get his death sentence, maybe that is the only thing you can do. I hate death , and I will never wish a human being to die . and i have a piece of advise to you , dont you ever try to change people way of thinking because you think that you are right , a human being is free to think , people are free to endorse whatever culture, religion , belief ,idiology etc .. .as long as we appreciate our differences and celebrate our commonolities , this world will be a better place.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

mesheditor wrote:I hate death , and I will never wish a human being to die

That certainly isn't how you came across.

--- Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:39 pm ---

mesheditor wrote:Yeah who care if someone is sentenced to death in Iran ?

--- Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:39 pm ---

I do.
Bethsmum

no , but i said who cares , and seriously who cares ? ? the quran burning might cause few dozens to die whereas the pastor prosecution will make people think that Iran is extremee bla bla .. do the math dear
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Life is obviously cheap where you come from. Dear.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum , wow bethsmum , here we are again .. are you lying about being in dubai ? cuz you wont say this if you were ever here ..

--- Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:53 pm ---

and I said do that math , few dozens or a pastor ?
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

mesheditor wrote:and I said do that math , few dozens or a pastor ?

Sounds like Corleone maffia mentality to me. Extortion. "I will make you an offer you cannot refuse."
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: World Outrage: Terry Jones Or Iran? Mar 04, 2012
Flying Dutchman wrote:
mesheditor wrote:and I said do that math , few dozens or a pastor ?

Sounds like Corleone maffia mentality to me. Extortion. "I will make you an offer you cannot refuse."

Is there anything to refuse ? It looks like we are singing from different sheets guys, it like either I reason like you or I am absolutely out of my mind .. I only say my opinion and If you smart enough, you would know where I am coming from .. Geez
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Flying Dutchman wrote:"I will make you an offer you cannot refuse."

One of my favourite songs! I'm going to post it in what song!

--- Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 am ---

mesheditor wrote:Bethsmum , wow bethsmum , here we are again .. are you lying about being in dubai ? cuz you wont say this if you were ever here ..

--- Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:53 pm ---

and I said do that math , few dozens or a pastor ?

Can we take a step back? I don't understand what you mean.

Firstly, I don't tell lies. I don't like liars. To be a good liar, you need to have a good memory and mine is failing me.

I am Engish and I live in England. I have a holiday home in Dubai.

Why wouldn't I say I think that you think life is cheap if I lived in Dubai?

Can you explain that to me, please?
Bethsmum

Because you know well that life in UAE is not cheaper than in the UK , needless to mention the crimes rate, or maybe the assassination of al mabhooh that we're still trying to have the perpetrators brought back to justice etc , if you were ever In Dubai u won't state tha life is cheap over here, just chill or get an Ice cream , will make u feel better.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

mesheditor wrote: get an Ice cream

Mines a Magnum, Cheers :D
Bethsmum

"perpetrators brought back to justice "

?? you have a crooked way of justice, I thought it was justice to eliminate mabhooh, after all he was a terrorist and a criminal wanted for murder and illegal arms smuggling and member of a terrorist organization. Do you want to bring to justice the navy seals who popped Osama Bin Laden too?

I amazed that there are people out there who still beleive they can catch anyone of the hit squad. you can forged aboud it man, they are gone, and will stay gone.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Would Muslims also get furious if somebody burnt the second book on their best seller list: My Jihad from A. Hitler?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk