Diet Drinks Are Bad, Bad, Bad.

Topic locked
Re: Diet Drinks Are Bad, Bad, Bad. Jan 26, 2012
tony89 wrote:Jus curious tho, is she a lean, 25 year old fitness first instructor or a chubby, 16 yr old google-geek desperate to loose weight to woo potential boyfrnds

Oh dear! LOL You've just given me a heart attack! I'm afraid I can't say Tony. I will have to leave it to Chocs to give you the info you require. I think it's safe to say she's not 16 anymore.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum , well chocs aside, i jus read ur post about ur trip to dubai...so you don't reside in dubai?
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

tony89 , No you're absolutely correct, undereating isn't an option. And if you're working out you actually need to eat back those calories. But it's the 'type' of calories that you'r eating that make the difference. Basically for an individuals weight, height, there will be a daily calorie ideal intake, that can be adjusted depending whether you need to put on or lose weight. I always say everything in moderation, restrictive diets don't work and denying certain things only leads to cravings and binge eating.

Age is just a number in my book. I've always been active, I used to be involved in competative sport: Cross country running, competitive horse riding, swimming, shooting, these days I'm a watersports junkie and am actually currently doing my health, fitness and nutrition qualifications - so yeah I'm learning ALOT and doing tonnes of research into various related topics. I don't have much interest in the gym junkies, but am more interested in the special sectors of society as I think that's where you can see the most benefit.

Ideas and how people look at things change literally from week to week. But people need to be looked at individually. I look at the human body as more of an engine these days, you give it what it needs to function and be capable of doing the things it needs to do, no more, no less.

ETA - you two can stop talking about me, I'm right here you can direct question directly to me.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

tony89 ,
tony89 wrote:Bethsmum , well chocs aside, i jus read ur post about ur trip to dubai...so you don't reside in dubai?

No Tony, I don't live in Dubai. I live and work in England but am lucky enough to have a holiday home in Dubai. I love it! Do you live in Dubai and do you enjoy it?

--- Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:49 am ---

See, I told you Tony, Chocs knows all about health and fitness!

I hate the gym too, Chocs. It's well boring! I have a cross trainer in my spare bedroom, I hang my handbags on it.

--- Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:52 am ---

Chocoholic wrote:ETA - you two can stop talking about me, I'm right here you can direct question directly to me.

ETA? Estimated Time of Arrival?

Chill Chocs! We weren't talking about you :P
At least I addressd you by your name, unlike you, when you were refering to NaughtyAlice as 'she'. Very rude Chocs!
Bethsmum

Edited To Add - :roll:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic , Why did you edit your post accusing me of a personal attack on you? What attack??? And I haven't learnt my lesson yet? :shock:

I genuinely didn't know what ETA meant.
Bethsmum

Virtually after everything I post, you jump in with some snide crappy rmark - it's boring. Go harrass someone else, you really are truly tiresome. If you don't have something nice to say or contribute, then just don't address me AT ALL! I shall be ignoring you from this moment forth.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Virtually after everything I post, you jump in with some snide crappy rmark - it's boring. Go harrass someone else, you really are truly tiresome. If you don't have something nice to say or contribute, then just don't address me AT ALL! I shall be ignoring you from this moment forth.

Calm down calm down!
Bethsmum

Re: Diet Drinks Are Bad, Bad, Bad. Jan 31, 2012
Good luck with your qualifications Chocoholic , wen ur done u should throw us a party :P
more interested in the special sectors of society as I think that's where you can see the most benefit

you mean fat ppl will pay u more money? :P

What bout smoking, any ideas on how to quit smoking?

Bethsmum , i live in sharjah actually not dubai but yh same shiz.... sure i enjoy it.
I too was thinkin ...estimated time of arrival?? , lol
oh...psst..don't mess with chocs, don't you see the crown ! :P
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

tony89 wrote:What bout smoking, any ideas on how to quit smoking?

I have. Just stop buying them.

--- Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:38 am ---

tony89 wrote: i live in sharjah actually not dubai but yh same shiz.... sure i enjoy it.
I too was thinkin ...estimated time of arrival?? , lol
oh...psst..don't mess with chocs, don't you see the crown

Sharjah isn't as nice as Dubai Tony. I always think it's a bit shabby really.

Yes, I've seen Chocs crown. That was in the olden days when DF was good, apparantly. :D Morning Chocs!
Bethsmum

Diet drink is quite bad, just always remember that eating or drinking artificial food, can give us some bad effects in our health.

My favorite Indian Restaurant
erika08
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Bethsmum , you've never smoked, have you :P

Overall sharjah isn't as nice as dubai, obviously. But I stay on the corniche which is jus like your JBR if not better..... Actually...it's better :D

erika08 , are you chinese? I mean I noe ur location says Singapore and you could probably be Indian cuz I don't think there is any such thing as singaporian ppl but for some odd reason I get this feeling that you are chineese ! What is it erika, cure my curiosity, it kills u noe :P
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Just drink fresh juice and water and you have nothing to worry about.
mepaintball
Dubai Expat Wannabe

tony89 wrote:Bethsmum , you've never smoked, have you

Never, ever. Both my parents smoked at one time and that was enough for me. My mother actually died as a result of smoking. She had terrible arthritis and her hands became all twisted. She could barely hold a cigarette but would not give them up. One night she dropped one on her clothing and couldn't pick it up. She set herself on fire and had a massive heart attack and died.
That's a true story Tony.

--- Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:24 pm ---

tony89 wrote:Overall sharjah isn't as nice as dubai, obviously. But I stay on the corniche which is jus like your JBR if not better..... Actually...it's better

It's not Tony
Bethsmum

Bethsmum ,

sorry to hear that bethsmum. It's good you've never smoked . I too hate smoking and I shall join you amidst the ranks of the healthy once the expert princess chocs provides her input.

when was the last time you came down to the corniche in sharjah?
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

tony89 wrote:Bethsmum ,

sorry to hear that bethsmum. It's good you've never smoked . I too hate smoking and I shall join you amidst the ranks of the healthy once the expert princess chocs provides her input.

when was the last time you came down to the corniche in sharjah?

My dad was in the RAF posted to Sharjah years and years ago. When he came to Dubai with me last year, I arranged a private limo to take us on a guided tour of Sharjah. It was interesting. My dad didn't recognise anywhere, which I didn't expect him to.

It was ok but nothing like Dubai. It's like the poor relation, I thought.

BTW, you just need a lot of will power and want to quit smoking. My mother never wanted to stop and it was the death of her. It's everybody to there own.
Bethsmum

Re: Diet Drinks Are Bad, Bad, Bad. Feb 01, 2012
aah well i dunno i think the corniche is awesome....i wud love spending more time here than i would in JBR :)
now they've got some new stuff opening up as well , sum musical fountains n stuff like the ones at dubai mall...so yh, its cool
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

tony89 ,

But can you watch the footie in the local bar with a pint of Heinekin?
Bethsmum

No :P
No bars, no shisha.
But that does not make it "poor" or "shaaby" :P
It's the cultural capital you see ....they can't afford to have drunkards and junkies around.

And for that u can always goto dubai its a hop and skip away from the corniche. :)

Sharjah is the place to be if you want a decent but quite lifestyle.
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

tony89 wrote:It's the cultural capital you see ....they can't afford to have drunkards and junkies around.

Ah Tony, I see that you are one of those small minded people who think that anyone who enjoys a social drink is a drunkard. No guessing what religion you are!
Bethsmum

Oh Bethsmum , Ibelieve your the one with the small mind here. (no offence tho) But when your going to allow bars you have to think of the big picture. Not everyone goes into a bar for an occasional drink and not everyone exits composed and held together. There will always be the rowdy crowd. It happens in Dubai, London and every other city that allows public drinking anywhere round the world. You could control them but you can't eliminate them. Have you ever noticed the number of patroling police around SZR on weekends? The temp checkpoints around the area?

It has nothing really to do with religion, so don't jump to conclude it's the cause of every problem. UAE has a culture of non-alcoholics, for Sharjah to be the 'Cultural Capital' it can't allow ANY drunkards on the street. You could drink in your house as long as you don't hurt the city's image.
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

tony89 ,

Dont preach to me about drinking tony, save it for someone who cares :roll:
Bethsmum

Well, i wasn't really preaching bout drinking silly, I was preaching bout cultural capitals. And I thot u perfectly cared when you made such strong remarks calling the city shabby and calling me small minded.

Are you ok? you seem annoyed?
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

tony89 ,

They weren't strong remarks about Sharjah Tony, I just said I thought it shabby compared to Dubai. If you like it then fine, I don't dislike it.

Not everyone who has a drink is verging on the alcoholic Tony.

BTW I don't like drunkards on the street either, that's one of the reasons I enjoy Dubai so much, but I do like to go to the bar and watch the football and have some good bantor over a drink or two, or three or four if the mood takes me.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:BTW I don't like drunkards on the street either, that's one of the reasons I enjoy Dubai so much, but I do like to go to the bar and watch the football and have some good bantor over a drink or two, or three or four if the mood takes me.

Home is even better where you can have a bottle of wine or four. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bethsmum wrote:BTW I don't like drunkards on the street

Well, you'll have to put up with me for awhile longer BM!
I'll be stopping my bad habits in January 2013! :D
If I am still alive, that is. Among other things, someone has promised to kill me :wink:

tony89
Never under-estimate your watchman! You are not having enough pillow-talk! :P
zonker
BANNED

Re: Diet Drinks Are Bad, Bad, Bad. Feb 02, 2012
Bora Bora wrote:Home is even better where you can have a bottle of wine or four

Chardonnay, a comfortable chair and a good friend. Awesome!

--- Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:05 am ---

zonker wrote:Well, you'll have to put up with me for awhile longer BM!

If you insist Zonker.

--- Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:07 am ---

zonker wrote:I'll be stopping my bad habits in January 2013!

What? All of them? That's a tall order Zonker. Best off starting small and working your way up.

--- Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:08 am ---

zonker wrote:If I am still alive, that is. Among other things, someone has promised to kill me

Oh no! Mrs Zonker hasn't caught you playing the happy wanderer again has she?
Bethsmum

Re: Diet drinks are bad, bad, bad. Feb 02, 2012
Bethsmum: sharjah is shabby and the poor relation of dubai.
Tony: sharjah isn't as nice as dubai, obviously...but the corniche's better than JBR.
Bethsmum: can you watch the footie in the local bar with a pint of Heinekin?
Tony: No bars, no shisha. But that does not make it "poor" or "shaaby". Its just the cultural capital, they can't afford to have drunkards.

---I don't know what happens------

Bethsmum: Tony, you are one of those small minded people who think that anyone who enjoys a social drink is a drunkard. No guessing what religion you are!
Tony: Not everyone goes into a bar for an occasional drink and not everyone exits composed and held together. There will always be the rowdy crowd.
Bethsmum: Don't preach to me about drinking
Tony: Im not
Bethsmum: Not everyone who has a drink is verging on the alcoholic Tony.

------- :P :P :P -------------

--- Feb 02, 2012 ---

zonker ,

For all I know you ARE my watchman, so get to answering the plumber riddle first :P
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

tony89 wrote: It happens in Dubai, London and every other city that allows public drinking anywhere round the world. You could control them but you can't eliminate them. Have you ever noticed the number of patroling police around SZR on weekends? The temp checkpoints around the area?

You missed that bit out of your conversation tony.

Why would you want to eliminate anyone?
Bethsmum

Oh rite sorry Bethsmum ,
tony89 wrote:
UAE has a culture of non-alcoholics, for Sharjah to be the 'Cultural Capital' it can't allow ANY drunkards on the street.

--- Feb 02, 2012 ---

by non-alcoholics I mean people who don't drink. Just clarifying...
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat