Bad News

Topic locked
Bad News Sep 05, 2006
alright soo DK, arnie, yorky .. all you guys who had funeral arrangements by the chinese friends .. i am sorry but i have some bad news:

Chinese police end funeral striptease acts

BEIJING - Striptease send-offs at funerals may become a thing of the past in east China after five people were arrested for organizing the intimate farewells, state media reported on Wednesday.

Police swooped last week after two groups of strippers gave "obscene performances" at a farmer's funeral in Donghai County, Jiangsu province, Xinhua news agency said.

The disrobing served a higher purpose, the report noted.

"Striptease used to be a common practice at funerals in Donghai's rural areas to allure viewers," it said. "Local villagers believe that the more people who attend the funeral, the more the dead person is honored."

Wealthy families often employed two troupes of performers to attract a crowd. Two hundred showed up at last week's funeral.

Five strippers were detained and local officials "issued notices concerning funeral management", Xinhua said.

Now village officials must submit plans for funerals within 12 hours after a villager dies. And residents can report "funeral misdeeds" on a hotline, the report said.
Copyright 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

URL: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14482354/?GT1=8404

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 05, 2006
:lol: :lol:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 05, 2006
I never knew that funerals could be so exciting!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 05, 2006
Damn, just when I had finalized my own arrangements :lol: :cry: :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 05, 2006
Everyone knows the according to rules of etiquette, you should only invite stippers to your wedding.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 08, 2006
old news
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 08, 2006
prehaps this is where the term of the recently departed being refered to as a "stiff" originates from - or at the very least contributes to it :)
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat