Driving Tests, Over And Over Again?

Topic locked
Driving tests, over and over again? Nov 30, 2011
I have been reading some reports about driving tests here.. My wife needs to do the test because they don't accept her licence from Slovakia. They did till 2007 and then not anymore.. Strange.. I have been reading reports that they deliberate fail people over and over again just to get money out of them.. Is there any truth to this? Are they choosing only a particular group to do this with (indians, persians, etc?) or just scamming everyone?

Driving the roads here makes me think they don't care how you drive I have to say and the whole thing is a scam.. Flashing lights allowed? No using indicator lights fine.. argh..

Telegix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Driving tests, over and over again? Nov 30, 2011
The last I heard they were only allowed to pass 1 in 4 people taking the test, they have quotas, so it's hit and miss unfortunately.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Driving tests, over and over again? Dec 01, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:The last I heard they were only allowed to pass 1 in 4 people taking the test, they have quotas, so it's hit and miss unfortunately.

Gawd, one in four..........that many.

I watched one of our sub continent brothers seeking a few yards of a shortcut this morning in the wrong direction in the fast lane of a four lane carriage. Keep them off the road as its worse than a computer game at times. His efforts to dodge the rules ended up in a bad head on crash.

There should be something similar to a cycle path for those who are more accustomed to donkeys.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat