Intermarriage Worries Gulf States

Topic locked
Re: Intermarriage worries Gulf states Apr 15, 2010
melika969 wrote:Hi everyone, I had a trip to dubai few days ago and it totaly changed my view about locals. Had visited some locals and their families and they were totally sweet,fun and have great hospitality! ( even more than us Iranians! :wink: )

Well I should confess that I have pre judged them before! Some of them are smart, educated and fun!

Mel, although you never said you "hated" locals, you admitted to having a preconceived opinion of them as you had pre-judged them. Your words. For you to say that SOME of them are smart is to basically say that your opinion of them was that they were just plain stupid, uneducated and boring. There are many educated locals. In fact, the women have very high education and career goals. Your prejudgment of locals, which in theory puts them in the Arab category, was there even before anything you may have read on DF. That prejudgment was instilled in you along time ago.

When you told me that Iranians hated Arabs I didn't think to as "why". Recently I read a book that discussed the history of Dubai. It explained that Sh. Rashid decided to open a port that was tax free. Many Iranians shifted their boats to the Dubai port because it was tax free, as opposed to being taxed in the Iranian port. As a result, many Iranian businessmen moved their businesses to Dubai and re-exported to Iran as it was financially beneficial. As a result, Iran lost the tax it collected at the port as well as the money that the shifting businesses brought it. This caused great resentment from Iran and hence, IMO, was the basis for the hatred that has existed for centuries. I believe that if you asked many Iranians today where did the hatred stem from they would have to dig deep to find a reason that could justify their hatred as the hatred has been passed down generation to generation.

When you say you hate Islam, possibly it comes from the fact that your government uses Islam to the extreme to control and suppress people. Hate your government for the was they use Islam to govern and rule. If you grew up is a country where Islam is a religion to be practiced, and not to control, I'm sure you would probably have a different view towards it.

Don't be upset by this post, but think about it.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

That s true, They might be not my favorite nationality. But as u said it yourself It s not like I hate them. For sure we had some historical problems and it can be one of the issues.

The only aim of posting the thread u quoted above was giving compliment to them, nothing else.
Again, I never hated locals, I might think they are so far away from us in culture and everything. But I was wrong and I admitted in the post u quoted. When I said you are showing some true colors, I didn’t mean that all locals are showing true colors!!

This is certainly one person who I changed my view about, not All the locals!
As he mentioned many times, I met some of his friends and family, they were pretty nice and I cannot judge if they can change colors like him, or not!

About Islam, that is true the Govt here has an important effect on the hatred, but as we had to, we studied a lot about Islam in school and university, origins of it, The Quran, Arabic language to understand Quran… and by all them I don’t believe in it… it is ruining my country and my people’s lives.so…
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:That s true, They might be not my favorite nationality. But as u said it yourself It s not like I hate them. For sure we had some historical problems and it can be one of the issues.

The only aim of posting the thread u quoted above was giving compliment to them, nothing else.
Again, I never hated locals, I might think they are so far away from us in culture and everything. But I was wrong and I admitted in the post u quoted. When I said you are showing some true colors, I didn’t mean that all locals are showing true colors!!

This is certainly one person who I changed my view about, not All the locals!
As he mentioned many times, I met some of his friends and family, they were pretty nice and I cannot judge if they can change colors like him, or not!

About Islam, that is true the Govt here has an important effect on the hatred, but as we had to, we studied a lot about Islam in school and university, origins of it, The Quran, Arabic language to understand Quran… and by all them I don’t believe in it… it is ruining my country and my people’s lives.so…

Wow .. You just dont give up, do you?

You compliment my nation by insulting them?
Seriously, you do know ur mistakes, but the problem is with your ego. It's doing you no good.

You changed your mind towards me just because you disagreed with me regarding a topic which you intruded yourself in, knowing that it's you who urged not to discuss it between each other.

I've had enough of your "color" comment. Feel free to dislike us, it's helpless :sleepy5:
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Intermarriage worries Gulf states Apr 16, 2010
May I suggest you guys get a room...?

BTW - you may end up finding you are long-lost cousins! :shock:
:mrgreen:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

If u thought I was insulting ur people, how come this was ur answer?
Awww Melika jan
You're most welcome my dear friend .. It's the least we could do, yet feeling guilty for not being able to do more. Next time you visit, I'll make sure you attend one of our weddings hehe

Hospitality is a commom must to do tradition among Iranians, Arabs, Turks, and other neighbouring eastern nations. And the more hospitable people to you, the more they actually like & respect you

In each and every nation you'll see good and bad individuals, and as once a good friend translated me a song that says "We're not friends with jerks, nor enemies with friends" .. Im so glad you had a great time over here

I think this is pretty obvious my intention was to give compliments and u know it. That s why you post above reply! But when I changed my opinions about YOU in person, u tried to use my post as an insult to all locals!

You changed your mind towards me just because you disagreed with me regarding a topic which you intruded yourself in, knowing that it's you who urged not to discuss it between each other.

I have told this million times, I changed my opinion about u, because of u are rude, aggressive and ignorant! Not because we shared different opinions!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

shafique wrote:May I suggest you guys get a room...?

BTW - you may end up finding you are long-lost cousins! :shock:

You are doing a great moderating job Shaf! perfect! :lol: :bigsmurf:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I stopped reading pages ago - I'm relying on DK to sort this one out, I just popped in and saw the latest exchanges and it sounded like a pretty decent marital argument... but I may be wrong.

Don't mind me - carry on..

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

^^^^ :lol:

Well I have to admit u did the right thing! :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:

If u thought I was insulting ur people, how come this was ur answer?
Awww Melika jan
You're most welcome my dear friend .. It's the least we could do, yet feeling guilty for not being able to do more. Next time you visit, I'll make sure you attend one of our weddings hehe

Hospitality is a commom must to do tradition among Iranians, Arabs, Turks, and other neighbouring eastern nations. And the more hospitable people to you, the more they actually like & respect you

In each and every nation you'll see good and bad individuals, and as once a good friend translated me a song that says "We're not friends with jerks, nor enemies with friends" .. Im so glad you had a great time over here

I think this is pretty obvious my intention was to give compliments and u know it. That s why you post above reply! But when I changed my opinions about YOU in person, u tried to use my post as an insult to all locals!

Read my words in RED !! And now tell me ..

Why would I POINT this at all anyways?? You think it just came out of the blue!? :shock:

It's because I ALREADY felt the insult with your public "some good locals" comment even if you're complimenting, infact you were complimenting ONLY ME, and not my people. The insult is still there, and you can't feel so, because it's your BASIC belief in ur mind to dislike us for being Emiratis, an Arab state.

So by "some" you refered to me "Symmetric" and his family/friends only, excluding my whole people which was an insult .. YET I'm not as jerk as you are, and did not point towards ur insult directly to avoid anymore conflicts, rather I chose another DECENT way to express myself, THUS my comment in RED!!

How UGLY & DUMB is it, talking to your Emirati host indirectly, and in front of other people by saying "there are some good Emiratis" .. LOL !! Seriously .. !?!? Well thank U very much, I'm glad to hear that :blackeye:

I always tried explaining to you (in public/pvt/person) NOT to stereotype Emiratis or Arabs in many different ways, but your helpless.

Conclusion: You used a rude attitude by simply disrespecting locals in public, thinking everyone in the world dislikes us, but hey you're wrong :idea: Not all people are as childish as you are.

On the other hand, I chose to raise my veiws to you in a decent way, thus my respond in red where I said "there are good and bad everywhere", and I mentioned "Arabs, Iranians, Turks, etc" to make my point more clear for you to GET THE HINT! It's way much better than the way you have raised your opinion ;)

melika969 wrote:

I have told this million times, I changed my opinion about u, because of u are rude, aggressive and ignorant! Not because we shared different opinions!

Are you still playing dumb?!
Seriously I guess you ARE a total jerk by all means, now it's a total fact :mrgreen:

Listen, if that's the kind of ego you got to refuse admitting your mistakes even after having others advicing you, then I shall never feel guilty towards you at all.

GOD KNOWS WHOS THAT POOR HUSBAND THAT'LL END UP HIS LIFE WITH YOU :lol: :lol: :lol:

HE (and not you), has my sympathy, and my sympathy is HIS :D
symmetric
BANNED

shafique wrote:I stopped reading pages ago - I'm relying on DK to sort this one out, I just popped in and saw the latest exchanges and it sounded like a pretty decent marital argument... but I may be wrong.

Don't mind me - carry on..

We're discussing ethics and manners :D

Feel free to share your thoughts and views, we always encourage others to speak up for their opinions :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

melika969 wrote:^^^^ :lol:

Well I have to admit u did the right thing! :wink:

Offcourse he did the right thing, you don't want anymore people to see your true colours :twisted:

Let's see what colours you got?
Pink and black :D

Pink is your own world, and Black is your heart :blackeye:
symmetric
BANNED

I chose another DECENT way to express myself

Talking about DECENT... hilarious U are! U used all ur attempts to make people disrespect me:

* u accused me of sharing my friends personal information
* u judged my friends being selfish and sick
* u said many times , that I have HUGE HATRED AND RACISM against emiratis
* u said I m not Persian and I m lying about it, and I think EVERBODY is jealous of Persians
*u said I m dying to get a job in UAE
*u said I m ugly (in appearance)!!!! (this is ur lamest attempt)

And now u think u are funny by making jokes about my future husband?!!!!
Pathetic u are!

You used a rude attitude by simply disrespecting locals in public, thinking everyone in the world dislikes us, but hey you're wrong

That was my first and only post about locals, its intention was compliment, regarding all the other bashing threads u still can find in the forums! If u cant get that,its ur own problem!

It would really help when u felt insulted by that post, u sent me a pm or told me in chat that u are annoyed!
But u are just playing I know! Like mullahs u know how to play with words and make a victim of urself!

Not all people are as childish as you are.

Talking about childish :

GOD KNOWS WHOS THAT POOR HUSBAND THAT'LL END UP HIS LIFE WITH YOU

HE (and not you), has my sympathy, and my sympathy is HIS

U spoke for urslef!

I wont post anymore in this thread, I think I have said anything needed to be said, I don’t hate locals but I have no respect for u and I m sorry I accept ur invitation.

U can keep ur nasty comments going on, and make a stupid show of ur COLORS!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Wow, I'm tempted to ask: what exactly set this off??? :? Did this all start over a difference of opinion?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

hahah sym man you are really bad you sure you werent a bully before :P heheh

and no i wouldnt jump of a cliff, I would ask god to strike me with lighting rather then die this slow boring death :p

melika969 wrote:

Talking about DECENT... hilarious U are! U used all ur attempts to make people disrespect me:

* u accused me of sharing my friends personal information
* u judged my friends being selfish and sick
* u said many times , that I have HUGE HATRED AND RACISM against emiratis
* u said I m not Persian and I m lying about it, and I think EVERBODY is jealous of Persians
*u said I m dying to get a job in UAE
*u said I m ugly (in appearance)!!!! (this is ur lamest attempt)

Pathetic u are!

You used a rude attitude by simply disrespecting locals in public, thinking everyone in the world dislikes us, but hey you're wrong

That was my first and only post about locals, its intention was compliment, regarding all the other bashing threads u still can find in the forums! If u cant get that,its ur own problem!

It would really help when u felt insulted by that post, u sent me a pm or told me in chat that u are annoyed!
But u are just playing I know! Like mullahs u know how to play with words and make a victim of urself!

Not all people are as childish as you are.

Talking about childish :

GOD KNOWS WHOS THAT POOR HUSBAND THAT'LL END UP HIS LIFE WITH YOU

HE (and not you), has my sympathy, and my sympathy is HIS

U spoke for urslef!

I wont post anymore in this thread, I think I have said anything needed to be said, I don’t hate locals but I have no respect for u and I m sorry I accept ur invitation.

errr no i dont think sym did anything to get ppl to disrespect you. Prior to this I remember arguing with you about an Islamic topic. I am sure others can back me up as well. You are not really a supporter of Islam. Honestly I think the only person on earth that you support is your friend and yourself :D

anyways you disrespected islam and you know it!!

good luck to your future husband cos he WILL DEFINITELY NEED IT!!! I am just thinking that if a piggy was to sit on a frog, that frog will be flatten in one minute. Will that happen to your husband too ;) only time will tell ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bora Bora wrote:Wow, I'm tempted to ask: what exactly set this off??? :? Did this all start over a difference of opinion?

and i'm tempted to reply, who else but RudeBoy? Since he couldn't get her attention he's taken to playing the role of spurned lover with alarming perfection. Something tells me he's done this before. :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Wow, I'm tempted to ask: what exactly set this off??? :? Did this all start over a difference of opinion?

and i'm tempted to reply, who else but RudeBoy? Since he couldn't get her attention he's taken to playing the role of spurned lover with alarming perfection. Something tells me he's done this before. :D

honestly why is it that when indians hear the word husband or wife, they start jumping like someones fixing their marriage :D or they would like to become a grandmother and fix relationships!! WHY WHY??? MCL this aint some bollywood movie, where MCL ko Piggy say pyar ho jata hai ;)

buddy calm down, we are not talking about me marrying piggy, cos I dont want to be the unlucky frog I rather die of a quick death :D but looks like something aroused you when I said piggy will sit in the frogs lap.

We have been looking for kermit the frog and I think we have found one in MCL!!!

guys enjoy the wedding.

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:

honestly why is it that when indians hear the word husband or wife, they start jumping like someones fixing their marriage :D or they would like to become a grandmother and fix relationships!! WHY WHY??? MCL this aint some bollywood movie, where MCL ko Piggy say pyar ho jata hai ;)

buddy calm down, we are not talking about me marrying piggy, cos I dont want to be the unlucky frog I rather die of a quick death :D but looks like something aroused you when I said piggy will sit in the frogs lap.

We have been looking for kermit the frog and I think we have found one in MCL!!!

guys enjoy the wedding.

:lol: :lol: sure, sure man...whatever you say :lol: :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

melika969 wrote:

(You're feeling that way cuz you knew you're wrong since the start, yet ur ego is what took u down :sign6: )

* u accused me of sharing my friends personal information (Which you did miss piggy ;))

* u judged my friends being selfish and sick (Why would I care about strangers? Oh so that person isn't a stranger? Then you DID share personal issues of your friends :mrgreen: )

* u said many times , that I have HUGE HATRED AND RACISM against emiratis (Well after all, there are "some good locals" hahahaha :lol: )

* u said I m not Persian and I m lying about it, and I think EVERBODY is jealous of Persians (You are not Persian, and you do dislike other nighbouring nationalities whom you accuse of being jealous from Persians :twisted: )

*u said I m dying to get a job in UAE (Yes you are, you insult my country, then job-hunt in it? errr :shock: if you're not desperately looking for a job here, then why bother in a country that u dislike :roll: )

*u said I m ugly (in appearance)!!!! (U fail to distinguish sarcasm, cuz u always take it very personally :blackeye: )

Pathetic u are! (Ok now its YOU who's pathetic, defending a person who not yet existed in reality hahaha :laughing3: )

(((The problem did not start there, I tolerated that to avoid clashing with you, which was decent of me to do, but COMPARE yourself to me when you couldn't help out not expressing your direct insults & hatred towards my beliefs when I replied back at EH, mind you, you simply jumped in and attacked me out of the blue in the name of "freedom of speech" ..

You repeated the same mistake twice miss piggy.
I let go the first one with a smile, but the other mistake required me to slap you :blackeye:
Talking about using pm, well even there you did not stop offending us, so whats the point? :wink: )))

I wont post anymore in this thread, I think I have said anything needed to be said, I don’t hate locals but I have no respect for u and I m sorry I accept ur invitation. -- (Now you love us? Awww how sweet? All these emotios for a job in the Emirates? :mrgreen: , it's not the perfect place anyways :roll: .. You still hate us though and we know it :twisted: .. Try again piggy :wink: )

So what's your new colors for Autumn 2010?
How about light black? Or perhaps dark black would look better :toothy7:

Your exam paper looks HORRIBLE!
Look at all these remarks from your proffesor :violent1: :laughing3:
I give you 59.99999/100 .. Which is an "F" :twisted:
You need to study hard to pass the finals :read2:

P.S: You may pass your paper to Proff. RudeBoy if you're desperate for that 0.00001% to pass :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:Talking about DECENT... hilarious U are! U used all ur attempts to make people disrespect me:
(You're feeling that way cuz you knew you're wrong since the start, yet ur ego is what took u down :sign6: )

* u accused me of sharing my friends personal information (Which you did miss piggy ;))

* u judged my friends being selfish and sick (Why would I care about strangers? Oh so that person isn't a stranger? Then you DID share personal issues of your friends :mrgreen: )

* u said many times , that I have HUGE HATRED AND RACISM against emiratis (Well after all, there are "some good locals" hahahaha :lol: )

* u said I m not Persian and I m lying about it, and I think EVERBODY is jealous of Persians (You are not Persian, and you do dislike other nighbouring nationalities whom you accuse of being jealous from Persians :twisted: )

*u said I m dying to get a job in UAE (Yes you are, you insult my country, then job-hunt in it? errr :shock: if you're not desperately looking for a job here, then why bother in a country that u dislike :roll: )

*u said I m ugly (in appearance)!!!! (U fail to distinguish sarcasm, cuz u always take it very personally :blackeye: )

Pathetic u are! (Ok now its YOU who's pathetic, defending a person who not yet existed in reality hahaha :laughing3: )

(((The problem did not start there, I tolerated that to avoid clashing with you, which was decent of me to do, but COMPARE yourself to me when you couldn't help out not expressing your direct insults & hatred towards my beliefs when I replied back at EH, mind you, you simply jumped in and attacked me out of the blue in the name of "freedom of speech" ..

You repeated the same mistake twice miss piggy.
I let go the first one with a smile, but the other mistake required me to slap you :blackeye:
Talking about using pm, well even there you did not stop offending us, so whats the point? :wink: )))

I wont post anymore in this thread, I think I have said anything needed to be said, I don’t hate locals but I have no respect for u and I m sorry I accept ur invitation. -- (Now you love us? Awww how sweet? All these emotios for a job in the Emirates? :mrgreen: , it's not the perfect place anyways :roll: .. You still hate us though and we know it :twisted: .. Try again piggy :wink: )

So what's your new colors for Autumn 2010?
How about light black? Or perhaps dark black would look better :toothy7:

Your exam paper looks HORRIBLE!
Look at all these remarks from your proffesor :violent1: :laughing3:
I give you 59.99999/100 .. Which is an "F" :twisted:
You need to study hard to pass the finals :read2:

P.S: You may pass your paper to Proff. RudeBoy if you're desperate for that 0.00001% to pass :mrgreen:[/quote]

Actually I'm sure that our resident Professor of English RobbyG would be happy to correct it. She will definitely get a failing mark. For grammar we have Ms Spellcheck (WhiteJade) who will take care of that as she seems proficient correcting English when in fact it's a typo. :lol: Just make sure you don't give it to the chocoholic as she would probably give a passing grade of 105%, especially if she's drunk when marking it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

sorry i wont even give her that 0.000001% pass :D she doesnt deserve it from me :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Intermarriage worries Gulf states Nov 19, 2011
symmetric wrote:
melika969 wrote:
You are showing some real pious core now aren't you?

That s true! and that s why i m ignoring him, u may do the same Robbyg...

When I started the thread about some good locals, one DFer told me I trust peope easily and I should wait for this one to show his true colors... now I see the reason!

Wow !!
I seriously can't believe it .. Extremely disappointed!

So you want me to accept any insult towards my religious beliefs, or else I will loose your respect?
Is that what defines a good local to you?

You know in my country, we have freedom of religious beliefs and all religions are highly respected.
Hindus, Buddist Christians, Bahai's, etc. No one can ever insult Buddha or Jesus or any other religious symbol, its part of our local laws and culture as well. We don't force our religious beliefs on others, and we try to comprimize to maintain a happy atmosphere for everybody. But if that was not good enough for you, and you want us to accept any insult towards our religious beliefs, then you're being toomuch with your demands, and comparing the situation in Iran, perhaps Dubai is more like a HEAVEN for you. Yet this heaven isn't good enough for a person like you.

You kept on contradicting yourself out of negative ego, yet not even sharing nor knowing where you're standing and just feeling free to judge whomever and whatever you want so easily by insulting others & ignoring the least meanings of respect towards others.

What true colours have you seen from me? I'm taking this comment personally.
Having an argument regarding a topic shouldn't turn into a personal issue between us, but if you're that immature to simply dislike me in person for disagreeing with you in a topic, then you really need to grow up.

I hosted you for two days with a great warm welcome, and yet I still feel bad for not doing more of hospitality due to my work and some duties, and then you simply come here & accuse me of showing my true colours as if I was an ugly evil person? And for what? Just because we had an argument regarding a topic!
Also saying "some good locals"? Can't you see it's you who is disrespecting my own people with this ugly stereotype.

If you hate us Emiratis that much, then why bother coming to our country seeking a better life?
Again contradicting yourself, arent you? How come you want to live among us if you hate us that much?

Out of all my guests from N.America to W.Europe, and even China, despite all the different thoughts and beliefs, and through out all the nice cultural discussions we all had, not a single person of them said such an ugly thing to me. We still contact/meet each other by the way, and we have high respect towards each other.

Perhaps it's you who is now showing your true colours of hatred and disrespect.

I am new in Dubai and from what i see here, locals do respect others a lot, but others dont! i have met many white people here, and they are very racist with locals, and all gulf countries... What makes it sadder is that why are you living here in the first place, go back to ur country if u dont like dubai and it's people... and all their money comes from arabs, and they are still unhappy!!??! anyway this is bothering me soooo much, because I feel bad for locals to deal with people that act nice in their face, and talk shit behind their back... They cant even dream of the life they have here in their country...They disrespect sooo much arabic and muslim culture, and they want muslims to respect theirs... I see a lot more disrespect from their side...
MarN21
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk