Canada Acquires Licence To Kill .......................seals

Topic locked

Do u agree with the licence

yes/Oui
20%
no/Non Kill deer
40%
Take their hockey sticks and beat the crap out of Canucks!
40%

Total votes : 5

Canada acquires licence to kill .......................seals Mar 16, 2006
What do u think? Was the quota set right? In my opinion WE have every right to kill overpopulated animals BUT in a humane way (which may vary). Cos we have to make some use of those barren North lands

sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2006
What u man by "human way"???

if u mean, killing without making the animal suffer, i say : dead right, animals kill, we are (evolved) animals, so there's nothing wrong in killing other animals for food or other needs as long as it's not for fun (no animal kill for fun except humans).
ilfab
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 18, 2006
NO, nonononononononono!

I hate the seal cull it's disgraceful. And they always use the excuse that the seals ar depleting fish stocks - well man is greedy and is raping the planet to death as it is. You can farm fish can't you? Why not do that!

Mother nature has was of dealing with population explosions among various species, it's always happened. But man is too impatient. Plus the way the seals are killed is disgraceful! They are rarely killed with the first blow and often end up suffering for ages and being skinned alive. If you're going to do it, then use a gun and make it quick.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 25, 2006
it's been almost ten days since I posted this topic,nobody took a note to the last option whereas in previous case there was bunch of complains to mod cos I wrote Mexicano "death to americanos" .....Is int it hypocrisy? :x Liban, Kanelli, me myself and fayz if u have some love left for the maple syrup........Time as come for u to use all the energy that sweet syrup has given yah......LOCK & LOAD! :evil:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2006
What is the quota? Why fix the rate anyways? Is it for the fish population? Or for clothing the Eskimos over there?

If its the latter than screw those Eskimos, they can spend some of their government handout cash to buy sythetics... If its for fish, then then they can also cut that down a little to self sufficiancy levels rather than for the export purposes they look at....

"Nuff said.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2006
I sign petitions against the seal hunt, but to be honest, I think there is merit in both sides of the issue. I'm all for animal rights, but am adult and practical enough to realise that hunting can also be beneficial in cases of overpopulation. Each side is providing contradictory facts, so it really is difficult to decide what the right answer is. In this case of a shadow of a doubt - I support the seals.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
anyway, I think the reason all of this attract so much attention is that these animals are CUTE...

no one cares about the way chickens or porks are killed and believe me it's not always nice... espacially for the porks : Electrical shock in the A*** wich fry them but do not kill them instantly so they would be skinned alive or choped... some more bacon??

In general, animals should not suffer when killed cute or not ! :snorting:
ilfab
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 27, 2006
Exactly, no one seems to fight for the slaughterhouse animals, or the fish and seafood dragged from the sea.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
Next you are gonna start to pity the potato or carot you ripped from the earth to eat or the beans you munch down that could have grown into beautiful bushes...

Please!! :roll:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
Nah, I eat those little veggie buggers :twisted:

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
You are gonna piss off many vegans then... 8)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
:lol: You mean the fruitarians. Vegans eat the little veggie buggers too, just not eggs, cheese, milk etc.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
I think the fruitarians should worry when they eat also... The reason I say that is because the vine must feel pain when the grapes are ripped from it for example... :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
They only eat what has fallen to the ground already. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
They only eat what has fallen to the ground already. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
In that case what they eat is rotten and hence as a result these people probably have worms in their intestines.

Would you concur with my assesment that since they have sybiont worms as a result of eating decayed fruits that these people will nurture these worms by eating more rotten fruits and as such will not resort to medication to eject the worms from their intestines....

:lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
:? Blech, I'm suddenly not feeling hungry anymore... :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
Then I'll have your slice of cheesecake instead.... WOO HOO!!! :D
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2006