Does Quran Say Kill ALL Non-believers?

Topic locked
Re: Does Quran Say Kill ALL Non-believers? Jan 05, 2011
kanelli wrote:
kanelli wrote:Can't that be interpreted as those who are trying to eliminate others belief in Islam and create mischief in Muslim lands to that end, not those who simply practice another religion and leave Muslims to practice theirs..

It can be interpreted both ways, but sadly it is mostly the more annoying way!
as I menioned earlier, even practicing other religion might considered as promoting it.

^^^ I did not write that, yet it is under my name! I only wrote what was in the original quote. Is there some kind of glitch going on at DF?

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

^I think it is a case of Mel editing your post when she thought she was quoting it (hitting the 'Edit' button instead of the 'Quote' button). It's a hazard Mods need to be aware of (I've fallen into this trap a few times).

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Whew! Thanks for the explanation. Mel, please fix it for me.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Does Quran say Kill ALL non-believers? Jan 05, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:I agree. Which brings it back to people using religion as an excuse to cause harm to others.

Some use it as an excuse, some do it because of.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Does Quran say Kill ALL non-believers? Jan 05, 2011
The Christians of Najran who visited the Prophet in Medina and were allowed to hold their service in his mosque, weren't fighting the Muslims.

Another loony toon revisionist history attempt.

The Christians of Najran were eventually expelled during the time of the rightly guided caliphs under the orders of Muhammad that no two religions should exist in the Arabian peninsula.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Does Quran say Kill ALL non-believers? Jan 06, 2011
kanelli wrote:Whew! Thanks for the explanation. Mel, please fix it for me.

Done!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Does Quran Say Kill ALL Non-believers? Jan 06, 2011
shafique wrote:Mel - the Jews that fought the Prophet and broke truces with him and helped the Meccans who were trying to kill the Muslims, were indeed fought against. The Christians of Najran who visited the Prophet in Medina and were allowed to hold their service in his mosque, weren't fighting the Muslims.

The Abyssinian Kingdom gave refuge to Muslims.

All these incidents go to show that the practice of the Prophet, pbuh, was NOT to kill ALL non-Muslims.

The jews didnt fight against muslims, histoy says so!

I put out the verse, and the historical evidence, but you are still living in denial.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Does Quran Say Kill ALL Non-believers? Jan 06, 2011
LOL - ok, if you think/believe there is a verse in the Quran that says ALL non-Muslims should be killed, then you should have quoted it.

So far, you've just quoted a verse about people who 'fight you'.

As for history - the fact that the Christian Kingdom of Abyssinia was not attacked by the Prophet or subsequent Caliphs shows that in practice too, not ALL non-Muslim nations were attacked.

But let's stick with the main topic - either produce a verse from the Quran that says all non-Muslims should be killed, or admit that you only have 2.191 and a rather fantastic interpretation that those who fight you = ALL non-Muslims.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Does Quran say Kill ALL non-believers? Jan 07, 2011
8:39) "So fight them until there is no more disbelief (fitnah) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone"

9:29 Fight those who believe not in God and the Last Day and do not forbid what God and His Messenger have forbidden -- such men as practise not the religion of truth, being of those who have been given the Book -- until they pay the tribute out of hand and have been humbled.

Here you go Mel, these are but two verses from the Koran that call on Muslims to attack all non-Muslims.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums