Why???? (A Forwarded E-mail)

Topic locked
Why???? (A forwarded E-mail) Mar 19, 2006
Why a Jew can grow his beard in order to practice his faith
But when Muslim does the same, he is an extremist and terrorist!
Why a nun can be covered from head to toe in order to devote herself to God
But when Muslimah does the same she oppressed
When a western women stays at home to look after her house and kids she is respected because of sacrificing herself and doing good for the household?
But when a Muslim woman does so by her will, they say, "she needs to be liberated"!
Any girl can go to university wearing what she wills and have her rights and freedom?
But when Muslimah wears a Hijab they prevent her from entering her university!
When a child dedicates himself to a subject he has potential.
But when he dedicates himself to Islam he is hopeless!
When a Christian or a Jew kills someone religion is not mentioned, but when Muslim is charged with a crime, it is Islam that goes to trial!
When someone sacrfices himself to keep others alive, he is noble and all respect him.
But when a Palestinian does that to save his son from being killed, his brother's arm being broken, his mother being raped, his home being destroyed, and his mosque being violated -- He gets the title of a terrorist! Why? Because he is a Muslim!
When there is a trouble we accept any solution? If the solution lies in Islam, we refuse to take a look at it.
When someone drives a perfect car in a bad way no one blames the car.
But when any Muslim makes a mistake or treats people in a bad manner - people say "Islam is the reason"!
Without looking to the tradition of Islam, people believe what the newspapers say.
But question what the Quran says!

yshimy

Mar 19, 2006
post someat new or original mate, this was posted about a month ago

yawn yawn
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 19, 2006
woops sorry didn't read it before...

yawn yawn

hope thats because it is 2 am here
yshimy

Mar 19, 2006
nice post but who will care about it ?
when a muslim suicide bomber kills few bad people, it is not good because some pure soul also may suffer.
When america kills lots of innocents people, no one will object. why ?
gLoBalTeCh
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 19, 2006
Because they are "SuperPower"
Because they are " Protectors of "Democracy"" ... yes double quotes
Because they are "World Cops"
Because they are "Oil addicts" ...

Because we are "not-united"
Because we are "not strong".... "arms wise"
Because we are "not media conciouse"
Because we are "Anti-Israel"

Sad but true
yshimy

Mar 19, 2006
because we are working for them or serving them; one way or others.
last but not least
because we are not pure muslim, we are muslim just by name. we afraid of them but dont afraid of Allah.
gLoBalTeCh
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 19, 2006
Islam has a bad PR department. Seriously. Suicide bombers, no matter what their goals or their motivations, have the ability to make a whole religion look bad. When Tibetan monks burned themselves to protest Chinese occupation they became icons of the liberation movement. When Palestinians blow themselves up in Israel (also to protest occupation) they draw the ire of the Western Media.

The US is certainly not blameless for the lack of respect Islam gets as a major world religion... it is much easier to keep the 'war on terror' going if all the media shows of the entire Islamic world is the terrorism. Hopefully our societies can become more interdependent and grow a sense of understanding rather that the opposition that exists now.
hetherjw
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 20, 2006
gLoBalTeCh wrote:nice post but who will care about it ?
when a muslim suicide bomber kills few bad people, it is not good because some pure soul also may suffer.

what the hell are u talking abt? bad according to who? what about the protestors in iraq and afgan war? :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 20, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
gLoBalTeCh wrote:nice post but who will care about it ?

what the hell are u talking abt? bad according to who? what about the protestors in iraq and afgan war? :roll:

in Saudi it is declared as haram
gLoBalTeCh
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Why???? (A forwarded E-mail) Mar 20, 2006
yshimy wrote:Why a Jew can grow his beard in order to practice his faith

Not true. A beard and style of dress marks someone as belonging to a certain group. There is a problem of SOME people stereotyping all Muslims as extremists, because Muslim looking men have strapped bombs to themselves and killed innocent people. Jews do not strap bombs to themselves in the London underground or go into Palestinian areas and blow themselves up. So - it isn't a matter of just a beard.

yshimy wrote:Why a nun can be covered from head to toe in order to devote herself to God

There are far fewer nuns than there are Muslim women who cover themselves head to toe. Some women think that all women who cover themselves head to toe are oppressed, including nuns.

yshimy wrote:When a western women stays at home to look after her house and kids she is respected because of sacrificing herself and doing good for the household?
But when a Muslim woman does so by her will, they say, "she needs to be liberated"!

This is a stereotype. Many Western women stay home to raise their children. If I have children I will also stay home. My aunts, grandmother and other family members also stayed home until the kids were older.

yshimy wrote:Any girl can go to university wearing what she wills and have her rights and freedom?

Where, in France? I haven't heard of any country blocking Muslimah wearing a Hijab from the university. Talk about taking a rare circumstance and generalising it.

yshimy wrote:When a child dedicates himself to a subject he has potential.

What on earth? Who came up with this drivel?

yshimy wrote:When a Christian or a Jew kills someone religion is not mentioned, but when Muslim is charged with a crime, it is Islam that goes to trial!

And the Christians aren't viewed with disgust for the Crusades, and the Jews are viewed with disgust because of their attacks on Palestinians? Christians and Jews have definitely put their religion on trial with their actions. Many Muslims who kill say that they are doing it as Jihad and with the blessing of Allah - so they are the ones putting their religion on trial with their actions.

yshimy wrote:When someone sacrfices himself to keep others alive, he is noble and all respect him.
But when a Palestinian does that to save his son from being killed, his brother's arm being broken, his mother being raped, his home being destroyed, and his mosque being violated -- He gets the title of a terrorist! Why? Because he is a Muslim!

So Palestinians are all innocent? They don't kill, rape and destroy property and violate Synagogues? Give me a break. They are both sticking it to each other.

yshimy wrote:When there is a trouble we accept any solution? If the solution lies in Islam, we refuse to take a look at it.

I don't understand the point of this one.

yshimy wrote:When someone drives a perfect car in a bad way no one blames the car.
But when any Muslim makes a mistake or treats people in a bad manner - people say "Islam is the reason"!

No they don't. If a few morons think that way, they are just morons! Why generalise to the whole population when it is false to do so?

yshimy wrote:Without looking to the tradition of Islam, people believe what the newspapers say.

Sorry, but people SHOULD question the Quran, the Bible, the Torah, the newspapers, their parents, their governments... A person who doesn't question is easily mislead, doesn't know what he/she stands for etc.

I think that whoever wrote that e-mail has written falsehoods and stereotypes that just make Muslims want to feel sorry for themselves and feel oppressed by the West or non-Muslims. Reading that kind of crap is going to poison young Muslim minds.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 20, 2006
yshimy wrote:
Any girl can go to university wearing what she wills and have her rights and freedom?

Where, in France? I haven't heard of any country blocking Muslimah wearing a Hijab from the university. Talk about taking a rare circumstance and generalising it.

K

There was a legal case in the UK last year regarding this. A young muslim girl was banned from wearing her Hijab to school because it was in breach of the schools "uniform policy". The decision was not politically or racist based.

Anyways, the girls family took this issue to court and won a landmark case. In the UK as in most other "western" countries, we respect and allow and embrace religions and their associated cultures.

This is what make me angry when certain "racist accusing" ( :wink: you know who i mean) people on here start bleating on about "us westerners" being "racists".

They are so far of the mark, and in our culture we totally respect others no matter and irrespective of their race, colour, creed or religion

Is is ironic that those who constantly bleet about our "racisim" eminate from countries and cultures, that do not allow the same respect to other cultures and religions within their own country and culture.
arniegang

kanelli wrote:
yshimy wrote:Any girl can go to university wearing what she wills and have her rights and freedom?

Ummm all of France, read a newspaper once in awhile. :roll:

Here I took a link from the CBC for you, a little taste of home :)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/islam/hijab.html

Arnie i'm glad things aren't like this in other countries including the UK.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 20, 2006
Thanks Fayz, I do read the newspaper. :roll: Note that I already mentiond France... I don't focus all my attention on Muslim issues - there are other worthy pieces of news other than what people wear to school or don't wear to school.

No comments on the rest of the forwarded e-mail, or do you agree with those points about Muslims and Islam Fayz?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 20, 2006
Kanelli,...

:salute: for the effort you did in the reply.

But.... still disagree with most of it.
yshimy

kanelli wrote:
yshimy wrote:Why a Jew can grow his beard in order to practice his faith

Not true. A beard and style of dress marks someone as belonging to a certain group. There is a problem of SOME people stereotyping all Muslims as extremists, because Muslim looking men have strapped bombs to themselves and killed innocent people. Jews do not strap bombs to themselves in the London underground or go into Palestinian areas and blow themselves up. So - it isn't a matter of just a beard.

So you agree that it is there "Some people"
And yes, Jews don't strap themselves in London underground, nor does the palistinians.
Jews got guns and they kill palistians with daily but this is not the point here.
I go to Brussles airport, got a beard on. i was questioned because on my German passport i have "Egypt" as address !!!!
The guy next to me a jew with the spirals beside his ears... noone questioned him.!!!!!!!

kanelli wrote:
yshimy wrote:Why a nun can be covered from head to toe in order to devote herself to God

There are far fewer nuns than there are Muslim women who cover themselves head to toe. Some women think that all women who cover themselves head to toe are oppressed, including nuns.

So you agree, but never seen someone making a fuss about "opressed nuns"
kanelli wrote:
yshimy wrote:When a western women stays at home to look after her house and kids she is respected because of sacrificing herself and doing good for the household?

This is a stereotype. Many Western women stay home to raise their children. If I have children I will also stay home. My aunts, grandmother and other family members also stayed home until the kids were older.
kanelli wrote:
You say it with a pride. because you belive it is "sacrifice" while it is the norm in our culture.
Our ladies, would be shy to say it, as some european/american will say they are oppressed
kanelli wrote:

about France.... It is by law that gurls are not allowed with head scarf in schools. also to mention, nor a Big Cross. "which is big difference, as for Christians, it is not a must to wear Cross, while for muslim gurl, it is a must to cover her hair.

kanelli wrote:
yshimy wrote:When a child dedicates himself to a subject he has potential.

What on earth? Who came up with this drivel?

Donno... :lol:
kanelli wrote:
yshimy wrote:When a Christian or a Jew kills someone religion is not mentioned, but when Muslim is charged with a crime, it is Islam that goes to trial!

And the Christians aren't viewed with disgust for the Crusades, and the Jews are viewed with disgust because of their attacks on Palestinians? Christians and Jews have definitely put their religion on trial with their actions. Many Muslims who kill say that they are doing it as Jihad and with the blessing of Allah - so they are the ones putting their religion on trial with their actions.

Not all the people commiting crimes are doing it beliving it is Jihad, like killing someone in a bar fight. if the guy is a muslim, "even in a bar, so not religious" they mention he is muslim.

kanelli wrote:
yshimy wrote:When someone sacrfices himself to keep others alive, he is noble and all respect him.

So Palestinians are all innocent? They don't kill, rape and destroy property and violate Synagogues? Give me a break. They are both sticking it to each other.

never heard of palistinian raped an israeli woman, never heard of palistinian destroy a synygog. note: check history about what muslims did when they opened Jerusalim long time ago. this is a lead example.

BTW, Palestinians are fighting to get back their land >>> Noble Cause
Israel is an Occupation power >>>>> ... Do i need it is a "BAD" Cause?

kanelli wrote:
yshimy wrote:When there is a trouble we accept any solution? If the solution lies in Islam, we refuse to take a look at it.

I don't understand the point of this one.

yshimy wrote:When someone drives a perfect car in a bad way no one blames the car.

No they don't. If a few morons think that way, they are just morons! Why generalise to the whole population when it is false to do so?

Great, but most people generalize when talking about islam or Arabs. it is everywhere, media, books, mentalities. I got "go to school by camel" and live in a tent comments , 4 wives, i know how to make bombs, i got a rifle at home, i want to blew myself up, etc....when someone knows i'm from Egypt, and the problem is .... THEY ARE SERIOUS
kanelli wrote:
yshimy wrote:Without looking to the tradition of Islam, people believe what the newspapers say.

Sorry, but people SHOULD question the Quran, the Bible, the Torah, the newspapers, their parents, their governments... A person who doesn't question is easily mislead, doesn't know what he/she stands for etc.

Will, to be able to question, you should have a certain knowledge and this is what muslim scholars do. and doing it for the sake of understanding not doubting....
Question the Quran... well, did you Question your car manual?? or you just tried to understood it when you faced a problem (Hypothatically speaking)....
We belive in Quran and that it is from Al Mighty God. so... We don't Questoin, but we try to understand, or question for the sake of knowledge not doubt.

kanelli wrote:I think that whoever wrote that e-mail has written falsehoods and stereotypes that just make Muslims want to feel sorry for themselves and feel oppressed by the West or non-Muslims. Reading that kind of crap is going to poison young Muslim minds.

We don't feel sorry about ourself, we use it as a sarcism and feeling sorry for the poor people who think this way.

We might feel bitter at some points because people get hurt because of this streotyping... "an Egyptian man was killed in the states a day after 9/11 because he got arabian look, ..... He was Christian :( )
yshimy

Mar 20, 2006
yshimy, you still justify the stereotypes and a few examples of racist or biased behaviours. You got questioned at the airport because radical Muslims are the ones who used airplanes to crash into US targets, and don't forget the shoebomber. Why would they need to stop the Jewish guy? When I flew to Dubai on British airways, all the young Arab looking men were in the hallway turning on all their computers and electronic gadgets, and there were security people pouring over their documents. I felt really bad for them. Some terrorists have made life more difficult for innocent Arabs/Muslims. To take such an incident and then say that non-Muslims are terrible and treating Muslims badly is not fair. If Jews started to set bombs off on airplanes etc. then they would be stopped in airports too. Why do I have to explain this to you - it is obvious isn't it?

Muslim women make a fuss about what non-Muslim women wear. Apparently we are all sluts and immodest. So the cultural misunderstanding goes both ways.

I could make a similar e-mail with comments about Christianity, or being a woman, or being white, or being Western... everyone can make a list of stereotypes and woe-is-me tales.

If you take inspiration or allow emotions to be stirred from such a flawed e-mail, then you are buying into the propaganda my friend.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 20, 2006
Oh Kanelli...sense....but then if everybody could be got on one platform on these issues....why would the world be in such a sorry state....

do you think yshimy is going to suddenly turn around and say....oh yah..you are right ...any 'group' whether women vs men, white vs black, east vs west, Dubai vs Sharjah :? can come up with text like this and incite more differences...let's all be united... :roll:

you'll notice there are other such posts that simply went unreplied to after a point..
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 21, 2006
This is a message board AFG, Kanelli and everyone else here are welcomed to post their opinion, whether you or anyone else disagree's is of no consequence.

End of.......
arniegang

Mar 21, 2006
Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Nice song is'nt it!
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 21, 2006
Yes...arnie and I was posting my 2 cents!!!
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 21, 2006
With respect AFG, you were posting advice and making a suggestion, not an opinion.
arniegang

Mar 21, 2006
Read....... :?

First para: Observation

Second para: Question

Third para: Observation

So your opinion is not right ..............ME NO GIVE ADVISE.

Stop ragging us new comers :P
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 21, 2006
Why don't you moderate HP's messages instead.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 21, 2006
...let's all be united...

gramatically is a suggestion/proposal in order to make, reinforce or support an opinion/idea
arniegang

Mar 21, 2006
Hmm...so my lack of punctuations probably misled you to think it was a calling to be together!!!! :lol:

Let me quote again...with the reqd punctuations

do you think yshimy is going to suddenly turn around and say....

"oh yah..you are right ...any 'group' whether women vs men, white vs black, east vs west, Dubai vs Sharjah can come up with text like this and incite more differences...let's all be united... "

AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 21, 2006
Thou shalt give benefit of doubt.....now this is advise!!! :pottytrain4:
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 21, 2006
AFG, thanks for the advice. I would still rather point out the flaws and danger of such forwarded e-mail messages in the hopes that one day maybe yshimy or others will be more critical about the anti-non-Muslim propaganda they are presented with from many sources. There is no harm in trying!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 21, 2006
I was impressed with the way you took time and answered each point...and yes even if yshimy doesn't see where you are coming from....it will surely help some person from get brainwashed with a one-sided view to consider things more holisticaly(!)

I notice you always take pains and time to answer queries/give your 2 cents...are you a senior level manager :)
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 22, 2006
AFG wrote:Why don't you moderate HP's messages instead.

cos 1,he is biased....2, doesnt understand HP's crap 3, he suks as a mod
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 22, 2006
Sniper, you just suck as a person!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums