Does God Speak To You? Or You?

Topic locked
Does God speak to you? or you? Nov 28, 2010
Just wondering for the people on this forum that pray - does God speak to you? Have you ever had a life changing moment from a godly intervention? Please tell me - share

JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Does God speak to you? or you? Nov 28, 2010
Good question.

I pray and yes, I've had communication from God.

I've given details on this before (as well as a discussion as to why I believe God is not mute and why I think praying and NOT expecting that God will answer would not satisfy my personal logic):
philosophy-dubai/why-choose-islam-t39781.html

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Does God Speak To You? Or You? Nov 28, 2010
When I was a child I used to pray. I tried again in teen years. No spiritual revelations or communication from God.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I'm reminded of the news that Mother Teresa touchingly revealed how she struggled with this aspect of her faith in letters that were published after her death.

Jesus has a very special love for you. As for me, the silence and the emptiness is so great that I look and do not see, listen and do not hear.

— Mother Teresa to the Rev. Michael Van Der Peet, September 1979

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... z16XQR9ei0
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No he doesn't speak me to me, but does show signs that he's around and is listening, sometimes. Becarefull what you wish for as you just might get it. Sometimes the strongest prayers go unanswered and later in life you realise that your life would have been a disaster if they had. Had that happen to me a couple of times and just came to one of those realisations just a few days back aswell !

Like the saying goes. He works in mysterious ways and he does know best.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Does God speak to you? or you? Nov 29, 2010
I believe in god and I "think" he speaks to me. Similar to what you describe DDS sometimes the answer is so clear like you are being guided and at other times its just not. Problem of course is determining whether this is your inner self speaking to you or something else. What I do know is that in times of need when I have felt most alone and it seemed all was lost I have felt better after praying and have managed to find a solution.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Does God Speak To You? Or You? Nov 29, 2010
kanelli wrote:When I was a child I used to pray. I tried again in teen years. No spiritual revelations or communication from God.

:lol: :lol: same here!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

If you are able to assess the existence, and you are sure certain of it, Then whether THE MOST MERCIFUL speaks to you or not is irrelevant,

Classical texts will often cite this question to ponder on - "And exactly who do you think YOU are to have THE GREAT KING speak to you?" that honor needs to be earned. & You follow THE FAITH, to your benefit, for your own self, with your own volition.

Oh and btw, You PRAY because YOU HAVE TO, without expectation of something immediate.

May you all find that which you desperately desire. GOD WILLING
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

^^^Well that s the best justification they give you when you are not hearing anything back from God!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oh please Mel we'll all be happy if you don't go into one of your anti religious atheist rants here.

Thank you
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Oh please Mel we'll all be happy if you don't go into one of your anti religious atheist rants here.

Thank you

I will be happy if you learn to
- talk just for yourself, you are just one person and can not be "WE"
- not to pick on other members and try to stay on topic.

( I will not tolerate personal attacks and will edit them if happens again)

Thank you.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I hear voices all the time 'sshhhh no, hmmm I won't do that, oh ok then maybe I will, hahahahahaha mmmmmmmmmmmmmm'

I'll believe in the forces of nature and the universe instead and that what you put out you get back. Simple laws of attraction, that's all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Edited-Mod : off topic

-- Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:26 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:I hear voices all the time 'sshhhh no, hmmm I won't do that, oh ok then maybe I will, hahahahahaha mmmmmmmmmmmmmm'

I'll believe in the forces of nature and the universe instead and that what you put out you get back. Simple laws of attraction, that's all.

Are you sure those are not those son of sam type voices :D
desertdudeshj

melika969 wrote:^^^Well that s the best justification they give you when you are not hearing anything back from God!

well unfortunately , that is the best one we have , If GOD could be put under a microscope then it would be pretty easy, but then again the problem with science is that IF YOU CANT MEASURE IT , IT DOESNT EXIST , and the idea of god ( and the acceptance of its existence solely based on belief) both are immeasurable qualities , (IMHO :o )

-- Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:16 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:I hear voices all the time 'sshhhh no, hmmm I won't do that, oh ok then maybe I will, hahahahahaha mmmmmmmmmmmmmm'

That must be your conscience, but the interesting thing is that if the conscience develops from only your consciousness ( referring to the sum total of all the information that has been acquired , processed and rehashed until that moment in time), Morality would be only equal to what THE INDIVIDUAL THINKS IS RIGHT OR WRONG. But then how come we all unanimously agree a reprehensible action such as murder is inherently wrong ? - And if you bring the argument of a serial killer Im totally stumped with them too and I think that is because of a mental disorder...maybe...
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Does God speak to you? or you? Nov 30, 2010

Chocs - are you a follower of the Secret or Master Key System? Or did I incorrectly read the reference to the law of attraction.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Does God Speak To You? Or You? Nov 30, 2010
I feel the same as chocs with the forces of nature and universe and laws of attraction.

I only ever get spiritual stirrings when I am out in nature, especially if camping. When I'm temporarily living close to nature, more like how other animals do, can I feel at peace and feel like I belong. The only other spiritual stirrings for me come from giving birth.

Sorry, but praying hasn't done anything for me, and I really don't feel like I've received any messages. The only message I get from my spiritual stirrings is to just be, live in the moment and feel the connectedness to everything else around me.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

JoeTGF wrote:

Chocs - are you a follower of the Secret or Master Key System? Or did I incorrectly read the reference to the law of attraction.

Nope you thought correct. It makes sense to me. Everything in the universe is made of energy, you have positive and negative how you use that is up to the individual.

I also agree heavily with K, mother nature is a wonderful thing. I'm definitely a spiritual person. Religion is the cause of all evil if you ask me.

Follow the path of the Jedi and may the force be with you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I have read lots on the law of attraction as well and also believe in it. It makes profound sense sense to me that people (all of us) are connected and that the fact that we are composed of energy and therefore a vibration at a particular frequency. I also believe in karma and other spiritual followings.

I however also believe in god and that there is one - whether its the universal energy that the law of attraction talks about or one that all of us would more commonly recognise in the various religions. I fully respect your viewpoint that you are not religious because you feel it has created evil - each person should be allowed to believe in whats best for them. I would only make the point that I don't believe any religion (islam, christianity, judiasm) preaches or asks anyone to do "bad" or "evil" things. That is the fault of the follower. There is a great line in the movie the Kingdom of Heaven (its about the crusades) where a monk says said that "evil of every form and denomination has been carried out in the name of religion" - he than points to the head and the heart and says that is where true religion is. I think thats very true - if people have a bad heart or a lack of judgement they can justify any amount of cruelty or evil actions in the name of religion. In reality it not the religion thats corrupt its the individual.

May the force be with you young chocs and kanelli. Live long and prosper (different movie but also good).

:D :D :D
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Does God speak to you? or you? Dec 01, 2010
My God is in my family and friends. Whom I choose very wisely. If and when they fail me, then God would have failed me. That said my perception of God is not one all powerful and all knowing etc etc. For me God imbibes simple values, like honestly, compassion and hard work. I've been thought that those are the values which will never fail you.

So does God speak to me? Off course he does...I just pick up a phone and call my closest confidantes...it's as simple as that! :D

Beyond that organized religion for me is more of a social and cultural prerogative. Catholic schooling, Sunday mass etc etc. It's not something I innately believe in, but not something I'm quite willing to disdain just yet. More importantly I believe that organized religion tends to offer societies a framework to function in. A framework comprising of family values, community initiatives etc etc. All of which I personally find very relevant.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Does God Speak To You? Or You? Dec 01, 2010
Law of attraction - "it all starts with gratitude."[4] The Gazette notes, "proponents ... talk about a universal intelligence that responds to our desires (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(2006_film)) ,

Universal Intelligence - ? What is that ? Spirits ? Energy ? , If its only energy how can it be categorized as having intelligence ? Is it a type of energy then ? Maybe the definition of energy is not based in science ? But maybe on whimsical imagination IMHO ?

Yep, IMHO free thinkers are nothing but confused people , who are burried in layers of confusion, neither being able to substantially explain "it" to anybody , nor to their own souls . :)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums