God

Topic locked
Aug 06, 2006
i believe that's why we use FedEx; Guaranteed Overnight Delivery (GOD).

I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 07, 2006
mraph33 wrote:I'm not an anthropologist, but I don't think the cavemen who banged 2 stones together had a firm grasp on the scientific foundations to what they were doing.

No and neither did Galileo, Newton, Planck, Einstein, Feynman and many others while they were experimenting. Do you not think that observing and explaining and gaining knowledge is part of science?

Marie Curie died because she did not have a firm grasp of the underlying science behind what she was doing but she still made a valuable contribution and won more than one Nobel Prize.
God
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 07, 2006
kanelli wrote:I don't believe in God either. This world is too screwed up for there to be a God.

:(

The world was in pretty good shape before people started screwing around with it. That is the trouble with freedom and choice. Sometimes people make unpleasant choices.
God
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 07, 2006
ajb wrote:
God wrote:
ajb wrote:Nope

You're in trouble :wink:

Oh smite me with a lightening bolt!!! :lol:

Havn't you read the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy .... God vanished in a puff of logic!!

Is that a request? :)

Yes I did read it (and enjoyed it) but I thought that book was fiction. Oh dear. :(
God
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 07, 2006
shafique wrote:I believe in a Creator of the Universe and all the laws of Nature - and I believe in evolution etc, but as part of Creation.

It is interesting that while many schools have a problem reconciling evolution and God, at university level scholars accept evolution as an explanation of how life on this planet developed.
God
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 07, 2006
shafique wrote:For balance, Richard Dawkins has written a book called 'The Blind Watchmaker' in which he argues in favour of evolution/natural selection - however this a refutation of 'Creationism' that everything was created as is by God and that evolution did not occur.

A clever man. His documentary "The Root of All Evil?" is quite interesting too, though he does seem to find it difficult to distinguish between religion and God.
God
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: God Aug 07, 2006
yshimy wrote:It is for a guy who has been born as beliver, then he lost faith, then he started digging, then again lost faith then he is back after finished digging.

Well, a discovery can feel more valuable after an arduous search. :)
God
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 07, 2006
Look everyone.....God woke up!!!!!
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 07, 2006
I believe in God both in the spiritual and pragmatic sense. Something must have created the universe and the origins of life; Everything has a beginning. However God itself is an entity that does not have beginning nor end, it's infinite, almighty and all-powerful. Now in the spiritual sense I think as God as a benevolent entity. I don't understand why some people tend to question God the spiritual entity more than God the creator of the universe; God is not responsible for human depravity. God is a like a father; our fathers are not responsible for our actions; we have our own minds, we make our own decisions. It's mankind alone that chooses to do evil and wreck misery upon innocent people.

A spiritual God does not have favorites; it has not "chosen" a group of people over others. It has not granted a group of people privileged rights. God created mankind to be equal, men created inequality amongst themselves....
freza
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums