A Few Mosque Related Questions

Topic locked
A few mosque related questions Nov 21, 2010
Primarily for Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

1. Are all the adhans announced out loud? I don't recall hearing Fajr. But then again I did wake up slightly late.

2. What mosques are renown for its reciters? I'm aware that Mishary bin Rashid Al-Afasy (Kuwaity reciter) lead in a mosque in Ajman (near Sharqah) during Ramdhan.

Thanks

brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: A Few Mosque Related Questions Nov 21, 2010
Not many in Dubai, Sharjah you'll find loads, but all of them do the adhan out loud, but not mazed out to 10 on the amplifiers in Dubai

Salah Bukhatir is the qari I know by name, that also basicaly cause I used to be friends with his younger brother Ahmed Bukhatir. He's got a lot of weird stuff out now, just youtube him
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: A few mosque related questions Nov 22, 2010
There was a time when you would hear the call to prayer over the course of the day. On Friday morning you would also hear the Iman's sermon. Some were beautiful and some were very harsh in the delivery. I remember every year during Eid holidays a little boy would do the adhan and it was mesmerizing. All of it has been toned down to accommodate expats who found it too loud. One more thing taken away from Muslims to appease the masses. :(
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums