Women In Mosque - ???

Topic locked
women in mosque - ??? Nov 18, 2005
I always wonder if women are allowed in a mosque or not? I have never seen any ladies in the open ifthar parties held in mosques and also in prayer meetings which i used to see in tv during ramadan time
anyone do enlighten me pls!!!

Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 18, 2005
I can tell u mayflower that here in aust women do go 2 the mosque,
there r sumtimes special sections 4 women 2 pray, quite a nice atmosphere although i dnt go so often.
oh yeh and in the fasting month most women r 2 busy preparing last minute munchies at the breaking of fast ( and the rest of us r stuffing our faces! :D )
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2005
just came thru' this article while surfing today. Its interesting to know they are trying to set up a women's only mosque there in India.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4165440.stm

[all trouble makers - pls. dont make this post a nasty one by posting unwanted comments and pave way for the post to go to fight club :evil: . i am really interested in knowing about different opinions abt. this topic]
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 18, 2005
just read it and im tryin 2 contain my laughter, sorry.
but thats ridiculous!
Women dnt need 2 do everythin men do, bottom line.
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: women in mosque - ??? Nov 18, 2005
Mayflower wrote:....... if women are allowed in a mosque or not?...

yes, shariah allows them to be in a mosque. There are halls exclusive for women (like in most mosques in UAE and Saudi Arabia). Masjid Nabwi in Makkah al mukarimah also has separate area for women. They pray inside Masjid al haram in Makkah as well.
sabiqoon
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 01, 2005
shaakira wrote:just read it and im tryin 2 contain my laughter, sorry.
but thats ridiculous!
Women dnt need 2 do everythin men do, bottom line.

I agree with shakira.. besides, we can not edit religion.. what a Muslim ought to follow is what a Muslim has to follow! There are certain rules laid down for both Men and women and we gotta follow that...or at least don’t customize them.

I think every Mosque should have prayer room for the ladies, Thankfully UAE and SA does... It was cool when we were traveling to Saudi Arabia by car.. and it was really convenient to stop by to pray and even take rests on the highway's mosque... besides..prayer room is a facility which encourages praying.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums