Tom Jones...

Topic locked
Tom Jones... Nov 06, 2010
Just curious...

Have you ever started a post without a link to some article/news/post, etc.?

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Tom Jones... Nov 06, 2010
I like TJ, he's a happy go lucky type of fella. :D

I see you edited your post to remove the bit about 'does 'ol Knighty ever stop trying to be witty (sp)? Why the edit and what does (sp) mean?

BTW I thought it was my job to throw the hand granades in?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

sp? = spelling, as in not sure if it is correct.

I see you are at it again. :lol: You just can't help yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Evening Bora! Are you refering to me or our diplomatic friend? Posting things and then removing them on second thoughts has a habit of coming back to nip you on the arse. Does it not? LOL
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Evening Bora! Are you refering to me or our diplomatic friend? Posting things and then removing them on second thoughts has a habit of coming back to nip you on the arse. Does it not? LOL

Didn't get to see the original post. Actually, I was referring to you - all in good humor of course, which I think you know by now. :wink: You do know how to bring a thread to life!!!!! :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Tom Jones... Nov 07, 2010
Bora, the post was edited in a flash! There I was just about to speak in favour of TJ and smirk about DK when the comment disappeared! I'm not sure what to make of our diplomatic friend, chauffeur driven with his own plane ( I thought that was a pilot? but maybe one of those aswell!) and asking opinions about ovens, as well as being Mel's favourite newbie, which, in it's self, raises serious questions in my mind. :D Do you think it's a man or a woman? Red faces all round for Mel if it's a woman, eh?? I can't see him being a British diplomat, they are really 'old school' drinking G&T's and having 'help' and a little wifey to deal with the cooking. I'm confused!
I was once told I should be in the Diplomatic Corps.
Bethsmum

Hey.... Mr. Ambassador,

I'm now really the curious one...

Why did you immediately remove your comment about DK???

I, myself, haven't seen the comment but I believe BM!!!

Here is the deal: If you answer my above question first, I'll answer yours. How about that??

BM,

Thank you, sweetheart, for your kind words, about yours truly!!!

You know something, dear!!!

I think I am falling in love with you!! :D :D

Well...here is a joke I heard today. I bet you didn't hear it before:

What happened to the Chinese man who walked into a wall with a boner?

He smashed his nose.

Let's laugh guys... life is too short..

Cheers to all!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

LOL
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

:D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

:cheers: :cheers:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Morning TJ and to all DFers! I see we are still waiting to hear from the Ambassador, he must be off resolving some major dispute somewhere, or knocking up some muffins for high tea.
Anyways, whilst we await his/her return

A girl asked Paddy 'if you were stranded on a dessert island with one person in the world, who would it be?
He said 'My Uncle Mick'.
She said 'oh, why's that?'
Paddy said 'He's got a boat'.
Bethsmum

..........and good afternoon to you BM!!!

..........and god whatever-time-of-day it is for you TJ!!

I think we can appoint TJ as the Ambassador of Niceness.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Yes, I totally agree Bora, TJ seems like a true gentleman, one of very few here on DF.

The Ambassador is keeping a diplomatic low profile today.
Bethsmum

I am now officially diplomatically intrigued!

Firstly as to why our parking ticket immune member should consider that I am always 'trying' to be witty?

I am always witty!

Or something that rhymes with it!

So why the change of heart mid typing when the question was so obviously on the end of the fingertips? Are we afraid of a diplomatic incident? I may bark, but I am sure I don't bite that often.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Tom Jones... Nov 08, 2010
Thank you girls (BB & BM) for your lovely comments.

I’m flattered. Just keep’em coming. I thrive on receiving kindness, esp. from sweet, lovable females like you two!!!

DK,

Come clean, man!! What do you do to make this man fearful of even calling you witty, which the last I heard is considered a compliment. You must work for that famous (or infamous) Asian God-Father in Karama, who’s always surrounded by big black-belt hulks in dark suits! ???

:lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

TJ Aren't we a funny lot, there you are thriving on good wishes, whilst I find myself thriving under abuse! maybe I'm just a tiny bit strange? Whatever...back to the tale of the vanishing post, Ambassador said why was DK always trying to be funny, not that he actually was, which is not so much of a compliment. If I know the virtual DK this will be water of a duck's back. But just where is the Ambassador? I wonder if we need send a search party out? I'm not sure, still, if we would be searching for Mr or Mrs Ambassador!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:TJ Aren't we a funny lot, there you are thriving on good wishes, whilst I find myself thriving under abuse! maybe I'm just a tiny bit strange? Whatever...back to the tale of the vanishing post, Ambassador said why was DK always trying to be funny, not that he actually was, which is not so much of a compliment. If I know the virtual DK this will be water of a duck's back. But just where is the Ambassador? I wonder if we need send a search party out? I'm not sure, still, if we would be searching for Mr or Mrs Ambassador!

Don't know why Ambassador revised his post. I think he may have had a point there. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

LOL @ Bora!
Bethsmum

Now let's be fair, DK IS funny and THE most active, consistent and independant moderator on DF! and other mods would do well to take a leaf out of HIS book!

Sincerely yours.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

DK, isn't here right now, he's freezing his bits off in the UK. I'm sure he'll pop in soon though - bring me CHEESE!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dillon wrote:Now let's be fair, DK IS funny and THE most active, consistent and independant moderator on DF! and other mods would do well to take a leaf out of HIS book!

Sincerely yours.

1 and 1/2 out of 4.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

You're just envious :mrgreen:
Dillon

Dillon wrote:You're just envious :mrgreen:

I wouldn't be envious of DK's loud shirts - but everything else, hell yes.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sure I am. :roll: :roll:

But help me out - envious of what? Loud shirts? Crappy car?? Crappy motorcycle?? Laborers living near by in the labor camp p*ssing on his dog's poo tree????
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:

But help me out - envious of what? Loud shirts? Crappy car?? Crappy motorcycle?? Laborers living near by in the labor camp p*ssing on his dog's poo tree????

Huh - take that back! DK's Royal Enfield is a great bike - I might get one myself.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Huh - take that back! DK's Royal Enfield is a great bike - I might get one myself.

I don't know why, but I have a picture in my head of one of those sidecars attached to the motocycle. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nope, definitely no side car.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Bora Bora wrote:

No, none of the above, just what I stated earlier to which you responded so eloquently :o

Dillon wrote:Now let's be fair, DK IS funny and THE most active, consistent and independant moderator on DF! and other mods would do well to take a leaf out of HIS book!

Sincerely yours.

:lol:
Dillon

Dillon wrote:No, none of the above, just what I stated earlier to which you responded so eloquently :o

Sincerely yours.

:lol:

Well until the rules change, I'm going to be me. :lol: :lol: And I'm sure you are going to continue to be you. :albino:

As for your first post above, you kinda lost me with all the twist and turns you are taking. Don't worry about it, because I'm not.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Well until the rules change, I'm going to be me. :lol: :lol: And I'm sure you are going to continue to be you. :albino:

As for your first post above, you kinda lost me with all the twist and turns you are taking. Don't worry about it, because I'm not.

And I wouldn't expect anything else of you, Goodnight Dear. :)
Dillon

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat