Kicking Out The Bachelors ???

Topic locked
Kicking out the bachelors ??? Feb 27, 2006
I heard from different taxi drivers that they have been given notices to move out from their residences. Apparently the municipality is trying to kick out the bachelors from the city ???

Is it really possible...?

iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 27, 2006
never heard sumthing as stupid as this!
But with this Country you never know!
but naaaah, i dont think so! .. wait leme go ask another cab driver.. :roll:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 27, 2006
no i havent heard of this .. though i did hear that the municipality is enforcing zoning to make sure that laborers/bachelors dont live in between family neighborhoods .. which i think is not that bad of an idea.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Are you guys kidding me! This has been reported so many times in all the papers, where groups of bachelors are forced to leave their accomodation. You see so many adverts saying, NO bachelors. The there are the ones for bachelors only. So what exactly are single guys supposed to do.

Not so long ago there was a group of guys that were being forced to leave their buidling and to get them out, the landlord cut off the electricity, water and phones - nice!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 27, 2006
ne one interested in marrige :(
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2006
is that the decision of some devout muslim landlords? and for what reason? you should be with your family or married not on your own kinda thing? jeez..i think thats stretching it a bit, if its only landlords you have to worry about, i should be ok, if im going the owner route....it dosnt sound good not good at all and thanx for reminding me im a bachelor :lol:
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2006
They are being tossed from residential neighborhoods where they are living too many to a house. At least according to the Gulf Times. It is Dubai municipality that is doing the kicking out and both landlords and bachelors will get in trouble if they are not out by whatever date has been set.

In the article I read it said they were going to expand the search to more residential neighborhoods to try to eliminate all such over-filled houses.

Good times... a bunch of soon to be or recently homeless laborers and bachelors sent out into the streets of Dubai. Next months paper can be all about the new problem of homelessness... where ever did that problem come from?
hetherjw
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 27, 2006
i dunno,
but in hamriya there was some sorta checking going on a few days back, trying to find out wether its bachelors or families staying there.. dunno what sorta action they are planning.

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
The main reason ive been dreaming about dubai every night from my cold irish bed is this excess of bachelors! Don't leave boys before i fly over in august...pwetty pwetty please...fight for your rights...
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2006
do you wanna meet in ireland now then we can fly out together :idea: :shock: :lol: ;)
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2006
Hell yeah boostah...ur my new best friend! Where in eire u from? Me, the big smoke...gotta get outta here tho...so fed up of the same auld, same auld - same people, same stuff everywhere u go...its 5pm and im still in my pjs...thats how motivated i am to live in this place!

Dying for dubai baby tho...jus gotta pull myself through the next few months college then its off to the sun and the experience...cant wait...how long u lived there?
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2006
do you wanna meet in ireland now then we can fly out together

Thats what we call locational advantage in business terminology
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 28, 2006
lol im all buisness me 8)

im in dublin at the moment meself visiting family im just back from dubai im off to paris next week, i actualy live in scotland, but im thinking of buying over there, i dont know why you want a baby in dubai hahahaha but anyway yeah it is pretty good over there from what ive seen im hopefully going to be making the move in december myself, wot are you studying? hey pj's at whatever time is always a good thing ;)
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat