Infidelity And The Police; Yet Again

Topic locked
Infidelity and the Police; Yet Again May 27, 2009
An Egyptian abandoned his wife and two young daughters at Dubai airport recently, Gulf News has learned.

The mother and daughters' visa had expired and the man did not want to pay fines for their overstay.

The man left for Cairo last Wednesday. Later immigration officials detained his family. The woman has to pay a fine of Dh100 per head for every day that the three overstay.

The woman and her daughters - aged two and three - were in Dubai on a visit visa while the husband is a resident here.

The woman and the girls were taken to a deportation centre.

They need new tickets to fly as their old ones are no longer valid.

The woman said that she does not know anyone in the UAE.

The Marnie Pierce episode also comes to mind, yet again an Egyptian was involved.
A Brit national Sally was recently sentenced to a year behind bars cos her husband squealed on her.

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2009
They should hang that bastard. What kind of person would do that?
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Re: Infidelity and the Police; Yet Again May 27, 2009
Maybe I should clarify that it wasn't my husband who left me at the airport!! :lol: (No kiddies)

Sally's husband was not Egyptian. I don't think there was ever an Egyptian who was named Vincent!! Funny thing is that the headline was "Blonde British Woman......" I couldn't help what her being blonde had to do with it. Were they insinuating that she was having a "blonde moment"? If she had brown hair, would that have been relevant?

What a dirtbag to leave his family stranded like that. If old tickets are not valid, isn't there even a partial refund that they could apply to new tickets?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 27, 2009
^^^agree^^^
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 27, 2009
It doesn't matter if he was Egyptian, English, Ecuadorian or Estonian, that is terrible.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 27, 2009
yup, who the H... is in the right mind to leave his family and daughter on the airport without anything and knowing the one he left behind is his own children and wife.
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 27, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:It doesn't matter if he was Egyptian, English, Ecuadorian or Estonian, that is terrible.

Ur right it is terrible. And has nothing to do with him being Egyptian.

But check this out:-

http://womensphere.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... y-reveals/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/no ... anwhitaker

I ain't saying that this is implicative of all Egyptian men. Definitely not! But there is a trend in Egypt that cannot be overlooked!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2009
that egyptians are one of the worst people I've dealt with is nothing new. But that they would ditch their family at the airport really takes the cake. What a moron. A few lashes in public is wha he should get

It must really horrifying for the wife and kids to be taken to the detention center must be really horrifying for them. I really hope some sensible higher-ups do the right thing.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Bora Bora wrote:Maybe I should clarify that it wasn't my husband who left me at the airport!! :lol: (No kiddies)

Your husband's Egyptian! I'm sorry if this thread comes off as offensive. I can assure it wasn't meant to be. Purely academic that's all.
If ur not ok with it, then I could delete my initial posts!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Maybe I should clarify that it wasn't my husband who left me at the airport!! :lol: (No kiddies)

Your husband's Egyptian! Oh I'm sorry if this thread comes off as offensive. I can assure it wasn't meant to be. Purely academic that's all.

Sorry, Edit. Never mind.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Captain Australia wrote:

Your husband's Egyptian! Oh I'm sorry if this thread comes off as offensive. I can assure it wasn't meant to be. Purely academic that's all.

Sorry, Edit. I misread your the post about Egyptians being bad.

Edit
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:It doesn't matter if he was Egyptian, English, Ecuadorian or Estonian, that is terrible.

Ur right it is terrible. And has nothing to do with him being Egyptian.

But check this out:-

http://womensphere.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... y-reveals/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/no ... anwhitaker

I ain't saying that this is implicative of all Egyptian men. Definitely not! But there is a trend in Egypt that cannot be overlooked!

I twonder what kind of nosense reasons are these, read below:
'The survey of more than 2,000 Egyptian men and women and 109 foreign women said the vast majority of Egyptians believed that sexual harassment in Egypt was on the rise, citing a worsening economic situation and a lack of awareness or religious values.'
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 27, 2009
Yes, the father sounds like a complete loser to leave his family like that! Apparently the authorities waived the overstay fines and arranged tickets to send the mother and children back to Egypt. There is a thread on this on the ExpatWoman website.

I really hope this thread isn't going to turn into yet another nationality-bashing thread, like there have been so many of lately!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Captain Australia wrote:

Sorry, Edit. I misread your the post about Egyptians being bad.

Edit

Damn you're quick. But you missed my first post which was up for about 30 seconds.

I misread michaeldubai's post and your apology as being by the same person. I was going to chew you out.

Lucky I retracted it actually, might have gotten another post Fight Clubbed. ha!
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 27, 2009
kanelli wrote:I really hope this thread isn't going to turn into yet another nationality-bashing thread, like there have been so many of lately!

Me too. It's on the brink.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 27, 2009
PS: I was talking to a friend of a friend of a friend who did a runner recently. The dad lost his job and so the family planned the escape and racked up a heap on the credit cards and shipped everything home before trying to flee the country.

As bad as all that is, the thing that stuck with me from the story is that the Father went through immigration first, then when he got through the rest of the family attempted it.

Everything is obviously in his name, why would he try to get through first. Surely he should have sent his family home first and then dealt with himself.

Family goes first and then he gets caught (they were on seperate tickets apparently) then the family is safe in Australia and he is in the ****. He gets caught first and the whole family is stuck in Dubai with no prospects.

No idea why he would do that.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Your husband's Egyptian! I'm sorry if this thread comes off as offensive. I can assure it wasn't meant to be. Purely academic that's all.

MCL, no offense taken. One person doesn't represent his or her nationality. My husband is Egyptian when it's convenient, and American when it's convenient. :lol:

The fact is the guy is lower than low to do what he did. My husband would wipe the streets with him if he caught up with him. Yuo don't have to delete anything. It is what it is.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Captain Australia wrote:

Sorry, Edit. Never mind.

Hey, one can say what they want and I don't take offensive unless it is directed at my husband. You know I am thick-skinned. It bounces off.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:

Sorry, Edit. Never mind.

Hey, one can say what they want and I don't take offensive unless it is directed at my husband. You know I am thick-skinned. It bounces off.

No, like I said, I thought MCL made the first post then that one by michaeldubai, then the apology. I was making a point about racism until you are caught, but I was mistaken.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Captain Australia wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:

Sorry, Edit. Never mind.

No, like I said, I thought MCL made the first post then that one by michaeldubai, then the apology. I was making a point about racism until you are caught, but I was mistaken.

I was "caught" doing what?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:

Sorry, Edit. Never mind.

"You" as in the non specific person, not you Bora Bora. Man, this is getting out of hand.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 27, 2009
PointGiven wrote:I twonder what kind of nosense reasons are these, read below:
'The survey of more than 2,000 Egyptian men and women and 109 foreign women said the vast majority of Egyptians believed that sexual harassment in Egypt was on the rise, citing a worsening economic situation and a lack of awareness or religious values.'

I think what the author is trying to point out is that frustration and lack of hope is turning men into $exual predators. I think with men in general and more so with those lacking in education, thy tend to vent by getting aggressive. Maybe that's what the author was trying to point out!
And Religion is always brought in the mix, in good times and bad!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:

Sorry, Edit. Never mind.

Hey don't fret Bora Bora. CA's comment had nutin to do with you. He merely made a statement bout me being racist. Then clarified it was all a misunderstanding. Just another day on Dubai Forums.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Captain Australia wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:

Sorry, Edit. Never mind.

"You" as in the non specific person, not you Bora Bora. Man, this is getting out of hand.

Never mind. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Captain Australia wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:

Sorry, Edit. Never mind.

Edited: Double Post because of DF!!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:

Sorry, Edit. Never mind.

Hey don't fret Bora Bora. CA's comment had nutin to do with you. He merely made a statement bout me being racist. Then clarified it was all a misunderstanding. Just another day on Dubai Forums.

Exactly. Thanks that you understand.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 27, 2009
kanelli wrote:Yes, the father sounds like a complete loser to leave his family like that! Apparently the authorities waived the overstay fines and arranged tickets to send the mother and children back to Egypt. There is a thread on this on the ExpatWoman website.

I really hope this thread isn't going to turn into yet another nationality-bashing thread, like there have been so many of lately!

So All's well that ends well then!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2009
Isn't it funny how infidelity cases end up in the hands of who else the police?
Instead of arrests and sentences, would'nt it be so much more productive to offer couples counseling? Especially husbands who actually squeal on their wives! Not to insinuate that wives are not guilty. But acting on the complaint of a twisted husband, is so reminiscent of schoolkids who complain just to get one up on the other.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2009
This thread really ends up so friendly and nice, lol
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 29, 2009
I think the real reason was, also a weak excuse, lack of funds to bail out his own family, which would have been a couple of thousand or more for new tickets and overstay fines. So he or they decided to let the authorities
deal with the consequences of not being able to leave the country.
In this case their calculation and tactic worked. They may even happily reunite back in Egypt or wherever. That savings was may a month salary
or more. As I said no excuse, but it also could have been sign of desperation.
macjul
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat