Smart Dubai Police

Topic locked
Feb 17, 2009
I personally appreciate UAE Gov. that they don't sell any booz in supermarkets... It's like a genie which better to have inside a bottle...
:D :D :D

Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 17, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
gamercowboy wrote:And another point besides the health issues is that criminalizing the use and trade of drugs has not helped in any way.

what do you mean it didn't help?!!!! so you want it to be sold at the supermarket stores like cigarettes????

Thankfully its not readily available to kids, especially in UAE... I know you can get drugs in UAE.. but not as easy in many other modern cities

I personally know a local guy who died consuming drugs and his friends are now spending time in prison...

I mean exactly as I said. It's not helping to fix the drug problem. Possession and sale of drugs is a crime in most countries yet, as your story illustrates, it is still a big problem. Ergo, the current "solution" is not helping. It has arguably made things worse by creating a highly profitable black market for narcotics, enriching various criminals.

And yes, selling weed at your local supermarket might sound funny but it's truly no worse than selling cigarettes and cigars either. For harder drugs, Spinneys may not be the best venue. My suggestion? Require a license to sell hard drugs as is required for liquor.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:
quatroporte wrote:
gamercowboy wrote:And another point besides the health issues is that criminalizing the use and trade of drugs has not helped in any way.

what do you mean it didn't help?!!!! so you want it to be sold at the supermarket stores like cigarettes????

Thankfully its not readily available to kids, especially in UAE... I know you can get drugs in UAE.. but not as easy in many other modern cities

I personally know a local guy who died consuming drugs and his friends are now spending time in prison...

I mean exactly as I said. It's not helping to fix the drug problem. Possession and sale of drugs is a crime in most countries yet, as your story illustrates, it is still a big problem. Ergo, the current "solution" is not helping. It has arguably made things worse by creating a highly profitable black market for narcotics, enriching various criminals.

And yes, selling weed at your local supermarket might sound funny but it's truly no worse than selling cigarettes and cigars either. For harder drugs, Spinneys may not be the best venue. My suggestion? Require a license to sell hard drugs as is required for liquor.

I can see your point... it is a valid point. if people will use them in moderation and never get addicted to them then we don't have a problem

but I still believe that if you legalize coce and heroine and make them readily available then TRUST ME the death rate will increase and out number lung cancer...

getting addicted to drugs like coce and heroine is not funny and is VERY dangerous
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 17, 2009
Yea, drugs are bad. And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if drug-related deaths increase- at least in the short term. I have no idea if a proper long term solution to the drug problem will appear. Judging by how many people smoke despite a mountain of evidence showing that smoking causes cancer, I don't think we'll ever eradicate drug addiction.

Yet it would be far better than giving drug cartels and other undesirable criminal elements a reason to exist. Plus it would free up the responsible druggies :)
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:Yea, drugs are bad. And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if drug-related deaths increase- at least in the short term. I have no idea if a proper long term solution to the drug problem will appear. Judging by how many people smoke despite a mountain of evidence showing that smoking causes cancer, I don't think we'll ever eradicate drug addiction.

Yet it would be far better than giving drug cartels and other undesirable criminal elements a reason to exist. Plus it would free up the responsible druggies :)

If you sold hashish in supermarkets like cigarettes many those Pashto drivers would use it driving because their job is rather heavy and it's easier to hide than alcohol...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 18, 2009
Hope the police are trying their best to keep meth on the bay
Meth is a drug known as ICE,Cube ,Crystal etc etc
its spreading faster than heroine and cocaine
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 18, 2009
deadlife wrote:Hope the police are trying their best to keep meth on the bay
Meth is a drug known as ICE,Cube ,Crystal etc etc
its spreading faster than heroine and cocaine

what do u mean by keep meth on the bay?
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
yea like keep it in a corner
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 18, 2009
Guess you didn't read the rest of the thread :)
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:Yet it would be far better than giving drug cartels and other undesirable criminal elements a reason to exist. Plus it would free up the responsible druggies :)

you are right... like the case of alcohol in Saudi.. as its banned.. illegal dealers and black market is operating and making $$$$ by taking the advantage of alcohol being banned and sell it for extremely exaggerating prices.
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 18, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:And you think people are dying in their thousand from lung cancer and related diseases from smoking? Or liver disease from alcoholism! sorry but the deaths from these are far higher, and the treatments for these are given on public health systems, which is a drain on tax payers. So now ask yourself which is more harmful.

if you measure the ratio... drugs is higher without a doubt... bring a sample of 10 people addicted to smoking for the past 25years and you will find only 1 having lung cancer... on the other hand 1 from the 10 people might possibly make it out alive if they get addicted to drugs...

I hope you know that... there is no REAL evidence that getting addicted to smoking will KILL you... as billions smoke everyday only a little percentage dies... can you do the math with drugs?!?!?! ;)

as I said and I will again say it... don't get into the topic of which is more harmful...

ahhh by the way.. I am a non smoker
mmm i turned out fine...its just the freaking cigarettes that i cant quit now. drugs are drugs hun, theres no difference to a user, sure they may prefer one ofer another but at the end of the day all they care about is achieving that feeling you get from using...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 18, 2009
Hard to give up when a packet of fags costs next to nothing in comparison with all the other vices on offer
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 19, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:the risk reward ratio is high

That might me the case, but I just lost a lot of money with this capture...

:wink:

one word...russianzz 8)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat