Smart Dubai Police

Topic locked
Smart Dubai Police Feb 16, 2009
A dhs2 million package of heroin has been seized by police at Dubai International Airport in one of its biggest drug hauls.

Thatz a GREAT newz... Hurray!!!!!!

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... cel%20find

Vera.

vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 16, 2009
good to see!
adpcc
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 16, 2009
Need more bust's like this one
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 16, 2009
You get 4 years jail here for looking at a panadol packet and people are still crazy enough to try to smuggle 4ks of heroin in? Madness.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 17, 2009
Very true Sam!!

People are crazy!
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 17, 2009
the risk reward ratio is high
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:the risk reward ratio is high

How good can the reward be when smuggling of hard drugs such as heroin can egt you the death penalty
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 17, 2009
Sadly for drug mules - very high! When they come from super poor countries and have no money what so ever, they get offered alot to risk their lives bringing drugs into various countries for dealers.

did you read the article the other day about the young Emirati who died of a heroine overdose and was dumped in a carpark by two of his mates? It's a big problem here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 17, 2009
this is a daily thing now a days, finding died users in their own cars, bathrooms.....

this is a big issue but hard to control , but they started by building an electrified fence along the boarders of UAE and will be equipped with night vision cameras controlled by the army and are being mentored by choppers 24/7 but most of the drugs get smuggled throw the sea form Iran in Afghanistan
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 17, 2009
Sadly it's a big issue wherever you are in the world. Where people are willing to use, they'll be people willing and risking to sell. I never understand how people get into these things in the first place.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 17, 2009
trying it FOR FUN !!
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 17, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Sadly it's a big issue wherever you are in the world. Where people are willing to use, they'll be people willing and risking to sell. I never understand how people get into these things in the first place.

becz u never been soo pooor ..thats why u dont understand..

as 50cent said get rich or die trying
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 17, 2009
I meant taking the drugs! Drug abuse is normally the vice of choice for the well off.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 17, 2009
Let me preface this by stating that I'm not a (illegal) drug user. I know I'm in the minority but I'm against criminalizing recreational drugs, including hard drugs. Why? Because prohibition doesn't work, has never worked, and will never work. All that's been achieved by criminalizing drug use and trade is to artificially inflate the price of drugs and give rise to the vast criminal organizations that profit from it.

Legalize it, tax it, control it. Just like tobacco, alcohol, automobiles, and most other things that are bad for you. Oh, sure. People will still get addicted and they'll still overdose. Well, we still have people dying of lung cancer, liver problems, and Sheikh Zayed Road. What we don't have are tobacco, alcohol, and car cartels raping our women and eating our babies.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
Actually I'd have to agree with you on that! What makes tabacco or alcohol any different to other drugs? You can still get addicted to them and they can still kill you, as can drugs that you can freely buy over the counter from most pharmacies.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 17, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:Legalize it, tax it, control it. Just like tobacco, alcohol, automobiles, and most other things that are bad for you. Oh, sure. People will still get addicted and they'll still overdose. Well, we still have people dying of lung cancer, liver problems, and Sheikh Zayed Road. What we don't have are tobacco, alcohol, and car cartels raping our women and eating our babies.

you are joking? right????? :shock:

Legalize what?????? Heroine and cocaine and hashish ?????????? :lol: :lol:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 17, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Actually I'd have to agree with you on that! What makes tabacco or alcohol any different to other drugs? You can still get addicted to them and they can still kill you, as can drugs that you can freely buy over the counter from most pharmacies.

You can't compare smoking and alcohol with drugs!!!!!!!

speaking of addiction.. you can get addicted to coffee or coke and kill yourself...

the effects of drugs is very dangerous and "IF" you get addicted to it, it is simply almost the end of your life and future...

at least if you get addicted to smoking or alcohol its not difficult to break the habit.
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 17, 2009
erm excuse me! And what do you think cigs and alcohol are if not drugs? Alcohol can turn people violent, fights, stabbings etc, have you ever heard of anyone going nuts on hash? No of course not! Because it makes you mellow!

Hash should definately be decriminalised, you can't put it in the same category as heroine or coke.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 17, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:erm excuse me! And what do you think cigs and alcohol are if not drugs? Alcohol can turn people violent, fights, stabbings etc, have you ever heard of anyone going nuts on hash? No of course not! Because it makes you mellow!

my dear.. the death rate due to the consumption of drugs is more than consuming Cigs...

second... lets not discuss which is more harmful, I am pointing out which is difficult to stop once you start...

Chocoholic wrote:Hash should definately be decriminalised, you can't put it in the same category as heroine or coke.

thanks for the info.... well, I am not really very educated on the types of drugs that much :oops: all i know is Hash is a drug too :roll:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 17, 2009
And you think people are dying in their thousand from lung cancer and related diseases from smoking? Or liver disease from alcoholism! sorry but the deaths from these are far higher, and the treatments for these are given on public health systems, which is a drain on tax payers. So now ask yourself which is more harmful.

Hash, weed, dope, bud whatever you wanna call it, is a pure and natural product until it's cut and mixed with other elements to depurify it! It's mostly harmful if smoked, so you can ingest it instead in a tea or cakes! Mushrooms aswell have similar effects, why are these illegal?

Did you know that the Hemp plant - where hash comes from - can be used to make rope, clothes, bags, cloth and many other products? It's cheap and strong and environmentally friendly.

Stop looking at the small picture and see the bigger one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 17, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:And you think people are dying in their thousand from lung cancer and related diseases from smoking? Or liver disease from alcoholism! sorry but the deaths from these are far higher, and the treatments for these are given on public health systems, which is a drain on tax payers. So now ask yourself which is more harmful.

if you measure the ratio... drugs is higher without a doubt... bring a sample of 10 people addicted to smoking for the past 25years and you will find only 1 having lung cancer... on the other hand 1 from the 10 people might possibly make it out alive if they get addicted to drugs...

I hope you know that... there is no REAL evidence that getting addicted to smoking will KILL you... as billions smoke everyday only a little percentage dies... can you do the math with drugs?!?!?! ;)

as I said and I will again say it... don't get into the topic of which is more harmful...

ahhh by the way.. I am a non smoker
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 17, 2009
A small percentage! So 5.4 million deaths a year caused by smoking is a small percentage is it?

# Around 5.4 million deaths a year are caused by tobacco.

* Smoking is set to kill 6.5 million people in 2015 and 8.3 million humans in 2030, with the biggest rise in low-and middle-income countries.

* Every 6.5 seconds a current or former smoker dies, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

* An estimated 1.3 billion people are smokers worldwide (WHO).

# Over 443,000 Americans (over 18 percent of all deaths) die because of smoking each year. Secondhand smoke kills about 50,000 of them.

# 1.2 million people in China die because of smoking each year. That's 2,000 people a day.

# Tobacco use will kill 1 billion people in the 21st century if current smoking trends continue.

Stop saying tobacco and alcohol aren't drugs! They ARE DRUGS! No two ways about it! They are addictive and can kill you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 17, 2009
You certainly can compare tobacco and alcohol with drugs. All three are bad for you and all three are readily available (yes, even in Dubai). Of these, which one was responsible for about 10% of the deaths worldwide in 2004[1]? It's tobacco, actually. The mortality rate among drug users may be higher if you consider *only* hard drug users but the vast majority of drug users are not.

Yes, drugs are dangerous. So are those other things. There are many other things that are even more dangerous but are perfectly legal. Insecticide, chainsaws, cars. Just be a responsible druggie and you've got no problem with me :)

[1] http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_bu ... e_full.pdf
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
I think I mentioned a sample ratio not percentages and numbers?!?!?!!?

offcourse you will have high death number due to smoking because smokers out number *hardcore* drug users...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 17, 2009
And another point besides the health issues is that criminalizing the use and trade of drugs has not helped in any way. Prohibition has never worked when the product being prohibited is so easily produced and smuggled. All that's happened is that criminal organizations have popped up to supply the demand for drugs. Criminals being criminals, they tend not to be so ethical in how they operate. I despise the tobacco industry but they're angels compared to the various drug cartels.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:You certainly can compare tobacco and alcohol with drugs. All three are bad for you and all three are readily available (yes, even in Dubai). Of these, which one was responsible for about 10% of the deaths worldwide in 2004[1]? It's tobacco, actually. The mortality rate among drug users may be higher if you consider *only* hard drug users but the vast majority of drug users are not.

Yes, drugs are dangerous. So are those other things. There are many other things that are even more dangerous but are perfectly legal. Insecticide, chainsaws, cars. Just be a responsible druggie and you've got no problem with me :)

anything consumed in moderation will not hurt you... we all know that..

we are talking about hardcore addiction between drugs and smooking

finally.. I want to make it clear.. I refer by DRUGS which are Heroine and cocaine and similar stuff
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 17, 2009
quatroporte wrote:I think I mentioned a sample ratio not percentages and numbers?!?!?!!?

offcourse you will have high death number due to smoking because smokers out number *hardcore* drug users...

You assume that legalizing drug use will greatly increase the number of drug users. That's a false assumption since there are a lot more factors that determine whether or not a certain person will take up the habit. I certainly wouldn't want to experiment with a little heroin just because it was legal.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there was some increase in drug use but it would have to be an incredibly large increase in order to even match the number of deaths due to other diseases. Of course, by that point, it would point to a larger problem in society in general. Legal or not, drugs are bad, mmkay?
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
quatroporte wrote:the death rate due to the consumption of drugs is more than consuming alcohol...

It's doubtfull sentence... If we take into account drunk driving, family violance, assaults... alcohol is on the first place in many countries...

It's really the biggest problem as up to 30% of men are addicted there...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 17, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:And another point besides the health issues is that criminalizing the use and trade of drugs has not helped in any way.

what do you mean it didn't help?!!!! so you want it to be sold at the supermarket stores like cigarettes????

Thankfully its not readily available to kids, especially in UAE... I know you can get drugs in UAE.. but not as easy in many other modern cities

I personally know a local guy who died consuming drugs and his friends are now spending time in prison...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 17, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
quatroporte wrote:the death rate due to the consumption of drugs is more than consuming alcohol...

It's doubtfull sentence... If we take into account drunk driving, family violance, assaults... alcohol is on the first place in many countries...

It's really the biggest problem as up to 30% of men are addicted there...

ohhhh noo I meant smoking not alcohol.. thanks for pointing this... :oops:

yes I agree.. alcohol is a different story... Its indeed a cause of many many violence issues

thanks again.. I will edit my thread :P
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat