Escape From Dubai

Topic locked
Mar 16, 2009
U kno it's a known fact that world over men in authority often abuse their power! very few people actually have the guts to carry out expose's against these men! Few have the guts, but lack the intelligance!
This man Herve seems to have both! So lets read wat he has to say.
I ain't sayin he's rit, but u gotta admire the man's courage and conviction!
He dramatically escaped by boat, and then found enuff willpower to actually write a book.....That's Sumtin!

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2009
guts + courage = boat escap :roll:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 16, 2009
uaekid wrote:guts + courage = boat escap :roll:

guts + courage = (successfull boat escape + book write)

()= conviction + will power :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 17, 2009
Thank you Misery, uaekid
somebody like speedhump will not apreciate, whom he admitted he was ready to pack and go on an airplane the very same day something would go wrong for him. not knowing by the way that the UK and Dubai have very strong and quick extradition treaty, and they would send him right back. in my case i tried to beleive in the system and that i could make my case go through, it took me 9 months to realise that it was not possible so i had to go to extreme measures to leave, because by then i no longer had my passport, lost a fortune and i had a travel ban on my name, in the entire GCC like any travel ban on any body by the way.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 17, 2009
herve wrote:Thank you Misery, uaekid
somebody like speedhump will not apreciate, whom he admitted he was ready to pack and go on an airplane the very same day something would go wrong for him. not knowing by the way that the UK and Dubai have very strong and quick extradition treaty, and they would send him right back. in my case i tried to beleive in the system and that i could make my case go through, it took me 9 months to realise that it was not possible so i had to go to extreme measures to leave, because by then i no longer had my passport, lost a fortune and i had a travel ban on my name, in the entire GCC like any travel ban on any body by the way.

What did you do to upset those guys?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 17, 2009
i told the truth, the embarrassing truth behind the glitter of Dubai. i can understand that reaction from an Emirati Student paid by RTA to be here, or any other Emirati eager to display a good face, but why a UK citizen would be so upset, that i dont get it.

like we say in French

"La verite derange"
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 17, 2009
herve wrote:Thank you Misery, uaekid

Again, half truths. you cannot be extradited from the UK for offences which in the UK are considered minor or civil rather than criminal, for example bounced cheques, nor offences which may get you jailed for trivial matters in the UAE thereby infringing your human rights. You are not strong on facts my friend, which is why I don't believe your book will be factual enough, and it's my complete right to believe that, based on what I have seen written in these forums here by you. And you call me biased and one-sided!

Finally (and I mean finally) I never said that I would return to the UK. Why anyway would I go back there when I came here because I had had enough of the UK......
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 17, 2009
p.s. uaekid was being sarcastic, if you note the rolling eyes. I hope the English translation of your book demonstrates better understanding of nuance than you.

Perhaps that's why you fell foul of the locals anyway, you have to understand that an Arab in a business meeting may tell you an untruth face to face because he either doesn't want to make a scene or cause offence, you have to go back over things later sometimes to find true meanings, and it's very impolite to quiz them at the time about something which you know to be untrue, although in the West it's seen as a strong thing to do......you see it was you who decided to do business with them, but with your eyes closed.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 17, 2009
hahaha, got you, ........dont you think i know uaekid, look at his posts, look at my replies to him.
my "thank you" to uaekid was a trap and you fell right in it, like a rookie.
hahahaha. you are easy, man, my second bet was sageandonion.
a first degree trap, i usually work on 3 rd degree trap.
here is the lesson, you are predictable, i knew you would come up with a "corrective" statement. if you were a target i would have fun toying with you, and you would not even notice.

At last, i know the arab mentality, who do you think you are, i worked 10 years undercover in the middle east before doing business here, in the worst possible environment, where you would probably not survived 24 hours, in manipulation, tricks, blows , civil war and treachery you would not beleive, stop it.
in the end, in order to escape i manipulated these govt goons, to make them beleive what i wanted them to beleive, giving me the time to prepare for my escape. i got the upper hand all the way, i won, i thumbed my nose at them, no matter how strong you are trying to diminish what i did. dont come up with such ignorant claims about me, you have no clue with who you are dealing with.
you must be unhappy in your life to hate me like that, when you dont even know me. me , i dont hate you, you are insignificant.
everyword you write reflect hate, and is a lie, a baseless critics, my book is NOT an english translation, i wrote it in english, and it is edited by my publisher. you are way out of your league with me. in the mean time why dont you try to write a book in french.
you are right about one thing though , when i did business with them, yes i closed my eyes, and i trusted them, my mistake. that is a lesson i learnt, do not trust an Emirati, ever.

la verite derange

www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 17, 2009
herve wrote:hahaha, got you, ........dont you think i know uaekid, look at his posts, look at my replies to him.
here is the lesson, you are predictable, i knew you would come up with a "corrective" statement. if you were a target i would have fun toying with you, and you would not even notice.

At last, i know the arab mentality, who do you think you are, i worked 10 years undercover in the middle east before doing business here, in the worst possible environment, where you would probably not survived 24 hours, in manipulation, tricks, blows , civil war and treachery you would not beleive, stop it.
in the end, in order to escape i manipulated these govt goons, to make them beleive what i wanted them to beleive, giving me the time to prepare for my escape. i got the upper hand all the way, i won, i thumbed my nose at them, no matter how strong you are trying to diminish what i did. dont come up with such ignorant claims about me, you have no clue with who you are dealing with.
you must be unhappy in your life to hate me like that, when you dont even know me. me , i dont hate you, you are insignificant.
everyword you write reflect hate, and is a lie, a baseless critics, my book is NOT an english translation, i wrote it in english, and it is edited by my publisher. you are way out of your league with me. in the mean time why dont you try to write a book in french.
you are right about one thing though , when i did business with them, yes i closed my eyes, and i trusted them, my mistake. that is a lesson i learnt, do not trust an Emirati, ever.

la verite derange

www.escapefromdubai.com

I would think that your conditioning and training as a spy would brainwash you not to trust anyone - which I would think would be spy mentality! On the other hand, as a spy weren't you trained to get people to trust you? So don't play the innocent victim.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 17, 2009
herve wrote:hahaha, got you, ........dont you think i know uaekid, look at his posts, look at my replies to him.

la verite derange

www.escapefromdubai.com

You should read back what you have written, I believe that you sound rather pathetic.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 17, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

la verite derange

www.escapefromdubai.com

You should read back what you have written, I believe that you sound rather pathetic.

Ditto!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 17, 2009

la verite derange

www.escapefromdubai.com

seek help here >> mcleanhospital.org/
uaekid

Mar 17, 2009
Why do people come here and become obsessed with government corruption/shifty business practices/unpaid labourers/prostitution/ etc?

There's enough crap going on in our own countries, be we didn't run to the newspapers or write books about it.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 17, 2009
Del wrote:Why do people come here and become obsessed with government corruption/shifty business practices/unpaid labourers/prostitution/ etc?

There's enough crap going on in our own countries, be we didn't run to the newspapers or write books about it.

if not, what good will DF be ? :lol:
uaekid

Mar 17, 2009
uaekid wrote:
Del wrote:Why do people come here and become obsessed with government corruption/shifty business practices/unpaid labourers/prostitution/ etc?

if not, what good will DF be ? :lol:

Are government corruption/shifty business practices/unpaid labourers/prostitution/ etc the only things going on here/worth discussing?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 17, 2009
Hang on Herve! Earlier you were almost begging for SYMPATHY and making out you were the "good guy" and the "innocent guy" and Sultan and his mates were the "bad buys" !!

Now you GLOAT about " MANIPULATING GOVERNMENT GOONS" ; "TRAPPING PEOPLE" ; "TOYING" with people; etc etc

From first saying you were the NICE GUY, you now show you are not "NICE" at all .......but very SLY AND DEVIOUS!

So how do you expect to get international sympathy?

You also say that you worked UNDERCOVER IN THE MIDDLE EAST FOR 10 YEARS.
So how come such a brilliant spy TRUSTED Arabs? You spent 10 years DUPING PEOPLE in the Middle East.
So where was your training later in dealing with Middle East people?

HOW CAN A SPY BE SO TRUSTING??? WHY DID YOU NOT SEE THE MISTRUST COMING?
YOU ARE THE "PROFESSIONAL" CHARACTER JUDGE!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 17, 2009
herve wrote:i told the truth, the embarrassing truth behind the glitter of Dubai. i can understand that reaction from an Emirati Student paid by RTA to be here, or any other Emirati eager to display a good face, but why a UK citizen would be so upset, that i dont get it.

like we say in French

"La verite derange"

You spied on those guys, got caught and had to make a run for it?
You're lucky they didn't rip your head off.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 17, 2009
@Del
The problem is that it is in your face in Dubai 24/7. Such practices exist in many places to varying degrees, but given that Dubai is so small and holds itself up to be a paragon of moral and religious values it is initially a shock that all of the above are practically on open display.

Nowhere else that I have lived or visited, are the indigenous population so adept at using the legal system to their own advantage, in the full knowledge that it is weighted in their favour.

Example: I was there. 4 waiters in R'affa jailed for "stealing" 2 packets of Magi soup and 8 free BIC lighters!
Explanation: It was cheaper for the owner to accuse them of theft than paying the end of service dues and sending them back to Uzbekistan.
Proof: none Local owners statement was sufficient. We offered to pay the amount of the soup and lighters - offered refused.
Rational: The local owner had an offer to sell the property and the business, but the cost of paying off the workers and repatriating them would have seriously eaten into his profit (pun intended)
Outcome: Guilty as charges – sentenced to one month and deportation (they had already been locked up for 8 months) and now had no money to buy a ticket home. For all I know they are probably still there 4 years on.

Please tell me that anywhere else in the world where that would have been permitted? I can go on and on with actual evidenced examples, but unfortunately it only bores those who choose to ignore it and pretend that it does not happen, and ends up with me being labelled as a miscreant and wrongdoer myself (with special thanks to my fellow expat Brits) (and surprisingly some UK domiciled and resident non-expats - What’s with that?)

The reason this can happen is the 2 degrees of separation between each and every member of the lokal population. It is very basic - e.g. my brother went to school with a senior guy in the public prosecution who takes the complaint to his cousins’ friend who works in the police who reverses it into the police reports where they are duty bound to act on it as it came from the DPP. By the time it gets to court which can be can be 8-15 months later it is a foregone conclusion that they are found guilty and whatever the sentence, as they are guilty they are therefore deported (at their own cost I might add).

The reason that “we” go on about it is, I think, that we are a bit shocked and embarrassed that we bought into a dream based on what I believe is false advertising and as RK has inferred in describing Ponzi schemes one of the common features of a Ponzi is the embarrassment of those swindled, they are constantly in denial, until the full extent of the truth is revealed, and then they get angry.

There is also a “clubby” feel about being on the “inside” which is what draws a lot of expats together and the gossip does the rounds faster in Dubai than a DSS queue in Croydon! Everyone knows someone who knows Matt Joyce or someone locked up in the current scandal (wait, it will be someone else next week).

Unfortunately in my line of work the phrase “follow the money” always hold true. Same in Dubai.
Who owns the hotels that sell the Alcohol
Who owns MMI
Who provides the visa’s for the former soviet girls providing after hours secretarial support
Who has the magic wasta stick that sends certain contracts left or right

You know this list and argument as well as I do :lol: Stop the supply, stop the trade. Stop the customers ? Cant't be done. Why do all those AD registered cars pile up to Dubai on a Thursday afternoon? A game of pool?

No one and nowhere is perfect but nothing gets your goat more than someone or somewhere that holds itself up to be just that. The biggest this, the fastest that, it’s all crap. How about building the world’s most eco-friendly and technologically advanced residential community, car free, non polluting, build something for the future children of the UAE if not our own – not a chance, it costs too much therefore the margin of profit is reduced. NEXT!

This game is all based on debt borrowing (not AD, Dubai) and they got caught long debt when the market tanked, and now the cost of refinancing is through the roof, the cash flows do not support further extensions, the LTV needs to be reduced which means that real cash has to be paid into refinancing to de-lever, this in turn sucks the money out of developments and freezes the continuation of construction. (Damn that bit bored even me!)
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 17, 2009

you are staggeringly childish.....

I was trying to assist you as you appear to have been far too infantile in your open trust of Arab business. I have no hate for you but am beginning to think you have multiple personalities, viz the psychotic rant above :D

Goodbye now.

la verite derange

yes, you said it.....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 17, 2009
Boys boys

Time to take a step back - you agree, leave it at that.

The message, don't get into business with locals, there is ALWAYS another agenda and if you do stay awake - get legal advice on EVERY step - notarise EVERYTHING keep copies of EVERYTHING and at the end of it EXPECT to get screwed, so have your exit plan in place and on hold. NEVER announce your imminent departure, ........... to be completed .......... ad ifinitum ....

:)
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 17, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:Boys boys

Time to take a step back - you agree, leave it at that.

The message, don't get into business with locals, there is ALWAYS another agenda and if you do stay awake - get legal advice on EVERY step - notarise EVERYTHING keep copies of EVERYTHING and at the end of it EXPECT to get screwed, so have your exit plan in place and on hold. NEVER announce your imminent departure, ........... to be completed .......... ad ifinitum ....

:)

LOL. OK. Sleep with one eye open and you'll stay safe, agreed. It's not brain surgery. ;)

l8r.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 17, 2009
Altrit now this is really gettin borin!!!!!!!!!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 18, 2009
Yup, Im going to bed !! I hope there are no spies peeping into my bedroom!!

I SPY with my little eye!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 18, 2009
RedKite wrote:Yup, Im going to bed !! I hope there are no spies peeping into my bedroom!!

I SPY with my little eye!!

Something begining with "H"
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 18, 2009
RedKite wrote:Hang on Herve! Earlier you were almost begging for SYMPATHY and making out you were the "good guy" and the "innocent guy" and Sultan and his mates were the "bad buys" !!

Now you GLOAT about " MANIPULATING GOVERNMENT GOONS" ; "TRAPPING PEOPLE" ; "TOYING" with people; etc etc

From first saying you were the NICE GUY, you now show you are not "NICE" at all .......but very SLY AND DEVIOUS!

So how come such a brilliant spy TRUSTED Arabs? You spent 10 years DUPING PEOPLE in the Middle East.

NOOOOOO i was a nice all along until they got nasty with me, so i just returned the favor, what would you do if somebody was threatening you of torture, take your passport, you give them chocolates? i ll give you my number, call me i ll get you out.
do you know if anybody escaped before? am i the first one, soon .....we ll see boat people from dubai....such a contradiction
anyways, 3,000 viewers in less than a week, there is definitely an interest here.

www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 18, 2009
herve wrote:
RedKite wrote:Hang on Herve! Earlier you were almost begging for SYMPATHY and making out you were the "good guy" and the "innocent guy" and Sultan and his mates were the "bad buys" !!

NOOOOOO i was a nice all along until they got nasty with me, so i just returned the favor, what would you do if somebody was threatening you of torture, take your passport, you give them chocolates? i ll give you my number, call me i ll get you out.
do you know if anybody escaped before? am i the first one, soon .....we ll see boat people from dubai....such a contradiction
anyways, 3,000 viewers in less than a week, there is definitely an interest here.

www.escapefromdubai.com

Many threads have multiple viewers, your constant trashing of Dubai is getting rather tiresome though.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 18, 2009
Pilot jailed for stealing colleague's phone
By Bassam Za'za', Senior Reporter
Published: March 17, 2009, 23:09

Dubai: A pilot has been jailed for stealing, despite protesting his innocence and continuing to accuse a colleague of maliciously accusing him of stealing his mobile phone. He alleges his colleague was envious of his seniority.

The Dubai Court of First Instance sentenced the 31-year-old Emirati pilot, who worked for a government department, to six months in jail after he was found guilty of stealing his compatriot's mobile phone.

The accused pleaded not guilty and handed a waiver from the complainant when he appeared in court, earlier.

"I have served at the government department for a while and the complainant was a newcomer who joined after graduating... Out of his jealousy at me becoming senior to him at the department, he lodged this malicious complaint. I am innocent and didn't steal anything," the accused said in his defence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 31-year-old said: "His brother, who works for Dubai Police's CID section, also helped him lodge this malicious complaint... before he later handed me a written waiver."

The complainant said he flew with the accused in a routine flight and when they returned to their office he discovered his mobile was missing. He claimed he kept it in a drawer when he went on a routine flight on his own before flying with the 31-year-old defendant.

"He helped me search for the mobile in the office and when we didn't find it he promised to assist me ... later my brother helped me track the serial number."

What a timely report -
QED
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 18, 2009
herve wrote:NOOOOOO i was a nice all along until they got nasty with me, so i just returned the favor

Did they get nasty with you for no reason?

Did they just turn up at the office one day thinking, 'let's get nasty with that French guy - let's try to ruin his life, take away his passport, threaten him with torture - just for the fun of it all'?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 18, 2009
This thread is getting really stale.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat