Remember Herve? - "Escape From Dubai" - Update

Topic locked
Remember Herve? - "Escape from Dubai" - Update Jun 11, 2009
Well for those who remember the poor tortured soul Herve who had to flee Dubai undercover, here's an update. Although no name is posted, only the initials H.J., I think from what he posted and this story one can assume they are very closely related.

Gulf News Today.

Court to sentence man in absentia for duping Dubai World of Dh14m
By Bassam Za'za', Senior Reporter
Published: June 10, 2009, 23:17

Dubai: A Frenchman has been charged with abusing his duty as a former executive of Dubai World (DW) and misappropriating Dh14 million worth of purchase orders, including two submarines.

Records quoted an American DW financial manager alleging that the 55-year-old Frenchman, who managed a DW entity, confessed in writing that he allegedly misappropriated Dh14 million and promised to settle and pay Dh3 million before he fled the country.

The Public Prosecution has referred the suspect, H.J., who records say is at large, to the Dubai Court of First Instance where he will be prosecuted for charges of abusing his public duties and unlawfully pocketing Dh14.122 million from one of DW's entities which he managed.

Presiding Judge Fahmi Mounir will soon hand down a verdict in absentia against the French suspect. Meanwhile, DW's lawyer in civil right Salah Al Beloushi presented to the court a civil lawsuit in which they are claiming Dh14.122 million in compensation for the reportedly incurred damages.

The financial manager testified that H.J. claimed that his US-based company can manufacture two submarines and sell them to DW when he met one of the latter's executives at an overseas fair.

"We struck a deal with him and agreed to purchase a submarine for Dh1.1 million, the amount of which we paid around Dh921,000, and another submarine for Dh220,000, the amount of which we paid around Dh156,000.

Later, DW brought him in here along with his company equipment from the US to assemble the submarines in Dubai. DW set up an entity and handed its management to the suspect.

The partially-assembled submarines were brought here along with J.H.'s two private cars.

Then he bought, at DW's expense, equipment worth around Dh742,000 to continue assembling the submarines which were never completed or put into action," claimed the American witness.

The financial manager alleged, in his statement, that the suspect claimed to be buying Dh1.6 million worth of equipment for the entity but it was never delivered.

"He paid the money to a company he owns in the US. DW never received the equipment and he did that transaction and processed the purchase orders to legalise what he did.

"However, upon confronting him with DW's findings, J.H. confessed in writing and agreed to settle the dispute and pay Dh3 million& he left the country before paying anything," added the American.

An Egyptian financial consultant testified that the defendant issued a number of purchase orders worth more than Dh11.87 million plus other orders.

The verdict will be heard later this month.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 11, 2009
corrupt french bugger
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2009
Interesting, so what can the verdict do?

Will they try to extradite him? If he is indeed guilty is there any way to recover the money?

Or maybe Herve's book is all set for release, hence the court activity.

I doubt we'll be hearing much more bout Herve in local papers.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2009
rudeboy wrote:corrupt french bugger

For once we are in agreement :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 11, 2009
Well spotted Bora, this is for sure must be same guy. For that sort of money one might expect if they can't get it then they might decide to extract some other form of compensation. I could see this getting very personal.....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2009
where's ma spade?
Scotsman

Jun 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

can we come to an agreement that there are some corrupt indian buggers like herve in dubai :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

Dont be naive soupe a l ognon, indeed I am TOTALLY innocent of those charges, which were predictable.
However it shows again that the justice system in Dubai is a farce, one of the only country in the world to put to trial somebody in abstentia, whom is not even entitled to a lawyer or legal representation.
Trials in absentia in the free world are exceedingly rare—most judges will never be involved with one. The procedure doesn't jibe with the notion of due process, especially the constitutional right of the accused to confront witnesses such as this american guy, James Miller, who testified against me without revealing his name, lest they create grounds for an appeal.
If a defendant takes off during the pretrial phase, however, he may be able to elude an in absentia conviction. In the US for instance the Supreme Court ruled that federal law "prohibits the trial in absentia of a defendant who is not present at the beginning of trial." As for a fugitive who has never been in custody, such as Osama Bin Laden, even the US would NOT permit his trial in absentia, regardless of the strength of the evidence.
Nor can globe-trotting criminals be tried in absentia by the International Criminal Court. Article 63 of the Rome Statute, which governs the ICC's operation, simply states, "The accused shall be present during the trial."
I explain in my book all the why's and how's Dubai court system uses coercion, false statements, threats to press bogus charges against innocents for the motive of seizing their monney and assets.
This trial will bring 100 times fold more exposure to my book, it is unfortunate that i cannot see the bitterness on your face when the truth of Dubai Frauds is exposed.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
Oh my god we brought the woodlouse out of the woodpile again....listen dear runaway bride, stop trying to apply US law to another country. Whatever you believe you have rights to in your safe haven of the USA (where corporate rights are always subjugated to the rights of the individual, because of the US's almost frenzied belief that the individual should be protected against the State) it has no weight under the law of other nations, including the UAE. I see you have been talking to solicitors/attorneys and they have given you some legalese to spout. Well that's one side of the coin only, which is all we have ever had so far from your rants here, and I can't wait to hear the other side, which now appears to be surfacing.......

Now we even have American businessmen saying that you defrauded the UAE. This will be very interesting. It's very certainly not the simple story of you being 'cheated' by UAE partners that you would like us to believe.

ANYWAY, I FOR ONE HAVE NO INTENTION TO BUY YOUR CHEAP LITTLE BOOK TO HEAR AN OBVIOUSLY VERY PARTIAL AND ONE SIDED VERSION OF THIS AFFAIR. I WILL PREFER UNBIASED IMPARTIAL REPORTS WHICH OBVIOUSLY WILL ARISE AS THIS SORDID MATTER UNFOLDS.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

can we come to an agreement that there are some corrupt indian buggers like herve in dubai :D

More anti-Indian stupidity from you, racist scum. You are so scared to tell us where you are from. Why?

Come on, be brave, little 'rasta rudeboy gangsta wannabe'....guns don't argue....order, order!

Any idea what I am talking about claat???

Be brave; where you from, skinny d*ck?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

S&O, you fell into the little trap that penishead set, the fact that hervé is French has no bearing on the fact that he seems to have defrauded the UAE. He could have been any nationality.

This little scumboy drags race into just about every post he makes.

More care, signore. ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2009
And if Red Chief wants to defend scumboy's honour as he has before, I will jump all over his damned bones..... :violent3:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2009
Thanks for the reply Herve. Offcourse there has to be two sides to this story. As of yet the court has not delivered a verdict, so lets wait and watch.
As to a trial in absentia, well this is not murder or anything. Simple case of transferring large sums of money to banks in the US
(according to papers). Those records can readily be made available I would presume and then through that alone a verdict can be arrived at. I don't see what the big deal is.
Osama Bin Laden and the US is a totally different type of trial.
Misappropriation of funds especially from the UAE should not be that difficult to prove considering that the state is officially against Herve.
If Herve is indeed pronounced guilty by the courts than he be legally extradited from France ( if they can prove his guilt according to the law in France), as long as the UAE has any extradition agreement with them.

There is a very interesting scenario that develops out of this though.Middle East countries are not members of the FATF. So will international banks cooperate with them and divulge details of Herve's transactions?

Another question is why was Herve not sent to trial when he was here?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

More anti-Indian stupidity from you, racist scum. You are so scared to tell us where you are from. Why?

Come on, be brave, little 'rasta rudeboy gangsta wannabe'....guns don't argue....order, order!

listen humpty i aint a racist scum. all i said was they are corrupt buggers. anything wrong with that? are u mother threasa or something, fighting for the india ppl?

claat claat :S bloody 50 cent wannabee.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
At this point I'm quite in awe of Herve. Any comparison with him should be a compliment! :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:At this point I'm quite in awe of Herve. Any comparison with him should be a compliment! :D

i honestly think hervve was responsible for the mumbhai bombings. he did admit that he was able to flee to india and oh well you know the rest.

bloody french ex-spy indian agent corrupt worker for DW. dont worry herve there are many like u in dubai. they come to dubai, earn millions and then run away. they then come on dubaiforum and say all the bad things about dubai.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:At this point I'm quite in awe of Herve. Any comparison with him should be a compliment! :D

i honestly think hervve was responsible for the mumbhai bombings. he did admit that he was able to flee to india and oh well you know the rest.

bloody french ex-spy indian agent corrupt worker for DW. dont worry herve there are many like u in dubai. they come to dubai, earn millions and then run away. they then come on dubaiforum and say all the bad things about dubai.

Wankers with your intellect should be getting their own subforum on DF. The Numbnuts forum.

Monkeyboy ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 13, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Wankers with your intellect should be getting their own subforum on DF. The Numbnuts forum.

Monkeyboy ;)

battyboy
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

listen humpty i aint a racist scum. all i said was they are corrupt buggers. anything wrong with that? are u mother threasa or something, fighting for the india ppl?

I'm so pleased you proved you know nothing about the real rudeboys by referring to jumped up modern American anti-heros.

So, where you from? So scared to tell us little bumbaclat..... either front up or close that hole that spews so much crap.....and I am not talking about your arse.....

Enjoying my answers now? Come on, you need to tell us finally, or you lost any tiny amount of cred you thought you had by rubbing those two braincells of yours together....you love trashing Brits, Indians, Pinoys, now the French....

Waiting.....

Still waiting....

:lol:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Thanks for the reply Herve. Offcourse there has to be two sides to this story. As of yet the court has not delivered a verdict, so lets wait and watch.
As to a trial in absentia, well this is not murder or anything. Simple case of transferring large sums of money to banks in the US
(according to papers). Those records can readily be made available I would presume and then through that alone a verdict can be arrived at. I don't see what the big deal is.
Osama Bin Laden and the US is a totally different type of trial.
Misappropriation of funds especially from the UAE should not be that difficult to prove considering that the state is officially against Herve.
If Herve is indeed pronounced guilty by the courts than he be legally extradited from France ( if they can prove his guilt according to the law in France), as long as the UAE has any extradition agreement with them.

There is a very interesting scenario that develops out of this though.Middle East countries are not members of the FATF. So will international banks cooperate with them and divulge details of Herve's transactions?

Another question is why was Herve not sent to trial when he was here?

banks can cooperate anytime they want, no funds what so ever were embezzled, the only money i received was my salary, period, that is why i was never arrested, now that i am not there anymore and publishing a book that WILL tumble Dubai they panic, your hatred and biased opinion amuze me speedbump, you will buy my book but you wont say it , i can understand that, i am above you speedbump, innocent and free, you live under an autocratic regime and unhappy, and i thumbed my nose to the Emiratis when i got out of this place when i decided to . soon everyone will know how i did it.
Now if i was guilty, why the Bloomberg reporter who investigated my story for an article was detained in Dubai by the Amn Al Dawla for 10 hours, obviously he found out that the facts i reveal in my book are authentic but disturbing.
The American who testified is no businessman, his name is James Miller, he is the "go to guy" of Sultan Bin Sulayem, he is on the payroll of Dubai World and would testify anything he is asked to.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 13, 2009
I can say with my hand on my heart I will never buy your book.

Innocent and free, oh dear, you sound like Robin Hood. I'm unhappy? :D Yep, it seeps out of all my posts here LOL...

Such corny writing, you are your own worst advertisement mate. I hope to God you have a ghost writer or no fool who buys your book will make it past page five :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
And if Red Chief wants to defend scumboy's honour as he has before, I will jump all over his damned bones.....

Speedy, I want to protect YOU from driving today. It seems that 3 mugs were too many even for Friday’s night.
As soon as you asked my point of view (without pointing a gun at my head though) I will reply you. Your stalker’s activity is getting too boring for my intervention.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 13, 2009
rudeboy wrote:

definition of "flee" webster dictionary: to run away from danger or evil, hence Dubai.
Thank you rudeboy for the credit. Sure the fact that I was able to "walk" the streets of Mumbai without being checked by authorities created some stir, however my knowledge of how to exit and enter a country without being detected does not make me a terrorist. It did not help Indian Police either to catch the terrorists who entered the country the same way i did months later to bomb the hotels. All the details are explained in my book.
But the fun part is how I got out of Dubai.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 13, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
And if Red Chief wants to defend scumboy's honour as he has before, I will jump all over his damned bones.....

Speedy, I want to protect YOU from driving today. It seems that 3 mugs were too many even for Friday’s night.
As soon as you asked my point of view (without pointing a gun at my head though) I will reply you. Your stalker’s activity is getting too boring for my intervention.

It's rare that I goad you, it's usually the other way around. I don't really need to hear why you defended this person in the past, I know it was just kneejerk against me, and you had never read all his ignorant and racist posts previous to it. We can leave it at that if you want.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
herve wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

definition of "flee" webster dictionary: to run away from danger or evil, hence Dubai.
Thank you rudeboy for the credit. Sure the fact that I was able to "walk" the streets of Mumbai without being checked by authorities created some stir, however my knowledge of how to exit and enter a country without being detected does not make me a terrorist. It did not help Indian Police either to catch the terrorists who entered the country the same way i did months later to bomb the hotels. All the details are explained in my book.
But the fun part is how I got out of Dubai.

man herve i dont care how u did it. how u got away from the evil dubai. i have seen ppl come to dubai and earn millions and live a perfect life. i have seen ppl who have lost everything in one day and they still live here trying to get on with their lives. yeh crap goes around in dubai. but you telling me that london, new york, mumbhai is perfect? I have also come across high officials working in government organisations who have set up their own private companies in order to process the purchase orders something like you did. yeh i do complain about these pppl. you might have seen me bash out at "corrupt indian buggers". but life goes on.

ur agenda is direct. you made money out of dubai. you ran away with the money and you still want more money by publicising your book. sorry mate i aint no john rainbow and i definitely dont want to know what a spy does. my morales arent low as you so dont worry wont be planning on getting a dingy, tying it to the back of a oil tanker and whisk away to india.

fact is dubai is the only place on earth that has changed so quickly. and in my 10 years here, it was worth it. and i admit i was a fool that i hadnt moved here ages ago. but i am still happy to be able to see dubai change quickly.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I'm so pleased you proved you know nothing about the real rudeboys by referring to jumped up modern American anti-heros.

So, where you from? So scared to tell us little bumbaclat..... either front up or close that hole that spews so much crap.....and I am not talking about your arse.....

Enjoying my answers now? Come on, you need to tell us finally, or you lost any tiny amount of cred you thought you had by rubbing those two braincells of yours together....you love trashing Brits, Indians, Pinoys, now the French....

Waiting.....

Still waiting....

:lol:

lol i ll let you keep on guessing where I am from.

by the way this is a forum so let your hair down and chill. if you want to become a police officer i suggest you go down to the police academy. the admin dont have a problem with my "bashing" so dont see why its bothering you. unless you are a member of UN or NATO. you sure u aint mother thresea back from the dead?

sheesh first you say please talk about dubai politics in the politicis section and now the geeza wants me to stop bashing. lol i dont bash i just make fun out of ppl it comes with the nickname humpty. get it?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Pointless for me to prolong this stupidity. If you're only here to 'bash' and annoy people I think the forums would be better off without you.

You are the only person here gutless enough not to say where you are from. I think that says it all.

Your brain must be miniscule as you've used the same Mother Teresa comment three times against me in the past weeks. You've got very little going on up top mate, eh?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Pointless for me to prolong this stupidity. If you're only here to 'bash' and annoy people I think the forums would be better off without you.

You are the only person here gutless enough not to say where you are from. I think that says it all.

Your brain must be miniscule as you've used the same Mother Teresa comment three times against me in the past weeks. You've got very little going on up top mate, eh?

humpty why are you hell bent on knowing where i am from :S. i mean does it keep you up at night :D. come on mate. take it easy. i am a saudi. will that do :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Pointless for me to prolong this stupidity. If you're only here to 'bash' and annoy people I think the forums would be better off without you.

humpty why are you hell bent on knowing where i am from :S. i mean does it keep you up at night :D. come on mate. take it easy. i am a saudi. will that do :D

It explains alot :D
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 13, 2009
LOL @ Robby. Yes it will do, why were you so shy? Your country produces amazing terrorists out of it's terrible poverty stricken masses, you should be proud......

I am not going to keep digging you about your country. But you see how easy it is, and you keep on doing it about others. Grow up.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat