Escape From Dubai

Topic locked
Mar 14, 2009
wooooow :shock:

easy now , you do have a reading disorder , i SAID THEY WONT TAKE YOU TO JAIL WITH OUT A TRIEL NOT A CHARG.

now, regardless of this crap you just said , those ppl are doing what it takes to take criminals off the streets , if it's as bad as you pictured it with your drama play then the hall system would've clapped years ago.

an example:
when the British couples got caught, they were charged - sent to jail then to court for their a trial. no different than any other one. if there was anything wrong with the system the UK embassy was going to take action !!.

finally who do you thing gives a rat ass about you or whom you support ?

you could have a threesome with him for all I care , it is clear you are emotionally driven here by some bad history with the local system or did a criminal act so I understand your polite behavior in responding to others.
and yes leave if you don't like it.

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 14, 2009
M'Lud the defence can not add anything as the accused has more than adequately advertised his own stupidity and clear lack of understanding of the subject in hand as he wanders through the maze of life convinced of his own adequacy and ability to decipher the signs that the world throws at him. To add anything further would be cruel and wanton, and more importantly too easy.

Let the world judge you for what you are and what you represent.

Ah what the heck - nothing better to do !

The UK Consulate (!) has the ability to throw a tea party and precious little else, a fact my friend, that your esteemed collegues play on. Any pressure in the shaggin case was brought by the press. A fact acknowledged by the consulate.

As to the system clapp down(?), news flash it has, there are hundreds of people in your jails with NO charge, all cases made by locals with a grudge and local companies looking to escape their contractual obligations.

Did I have a bad experience, you believe what you like, but how stereotypical of a local to bring it down to a s*x analogy - like a dog with a stiffy - anything goes eh :lol:

You are a walking self-fulfilling prophecy of your own limited ability and eventual demise. Rock on sand boy - read the manual, your corolla can be driven under 180 kmph.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 15, 2009
Viking-warrior,
Who rattled your cage?
[1] You obviously have a HUGE GRIPE with Dubai and a BIGGER CHIP on your shoulder. So why don't you relate your own history and your connection with Dubai?
What's YOUR problem? You OBVIOUSLY have one!!

[2] How well do you know Herve? What is the connection?
[3] I did not know Sultan was a NAME. Where was that explained?
[4] How do I ....or anyone ELSE KNOW that the Dubai employers KNEW about Herve's past.......AT THE TIME!!
Robby says it is all on the internet NOW......BUT WAS IT ON THE INTERNET WHEN DUBAI EMPLOYED HIM!!
NO good telling me what is on Google NOW!!

You say "Everyone is entitled to a past".........ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!
YOUR PAST IS PART OF YOU AND SHOWS YOU IN YOUR TRUE LIGHT!
If I was an employer, I would want to KNOW that past.

It seems to me that several charlatans might be FLEEING THEIR OWN COUNTRIES to work in places like Dubai, because THEY ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM THEIR OWN COUNTRIES.
THEY ARE HIDING FROM PROBLEMS THEY LEFT BEHIND!!

I may live in a small Welsh town, but I do NOT HIDE like you and many others . At least you know who is who in small towns.
I have lost count of the number of English people who have COME HERE TO HIDE ,AFTER RUNNING AWAY FROM DEBTS IN ENGLAND. Several of these RIFF-RAFF CONMEN have then got Welsh Govt Grants to set up businesses in Welsh towns........collected the Grant money.......then p*ssed off back to England.......TO SOME NEW TOWN within two years taking the PUBLIC grant money with them.......and leaving more debts behind here!!

CARPETBAGGING SCUM would be a correct description of this sort of Riff-Raff. Their PAST IS EVERYONE'S BUSINESS, PAL !!
Don't tell me it is NOT !!

NOW WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO HIDE?????
NOT THE CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
@RedKite

How to answer that .... I am happy for you that you are Welsh, no really I don't even smile when Anne Robinson take the pees, but deduce that you have some issues and have drawn some kind of parallel with Dubai, perhaps you even spent time there and have pleasant memories, I am cool with that but as the thread is "Escape from Dubai" and was generated by Herve I feel that this is the subject matter that we should stick to - gripes and all.

My story is but a sideline in a much bigger picture and will be addressed in the fullness of time, and outside of this forum I assure you. I do however find it therapeutic to engage with the supporters of a financially negligent and thoroughly corrupt society and to expose them for the sub human garbage that they are. Anyone still caught up in the media glitz surrounding dubai (locals & expats alike) are such easy targets it is an irresistable sport.

With the exception of Robby no one seems to want to do any research on any of the topics or details discussed herein, and to the best of my knowledge the Welsh have not as yet set in place a government proxy filter that denies access to google. Go on try it.

Dubai is a very small and young country with a disproportionate number of expatriate workers, the vast majority of which were and still are recruited and brought to Dubai by local companies and business, some are "posted" there by banks, construction and oil services companies, precious few go to live there out of a desire to flee their own country. I did read a while back about a few English VAT fraudsters living in Dubai, but I do not know of any that set up in Dubai on the back of Welsh government grants.

Do I know Herve, yes, can I vouch for what he is saying, yes - the connection is Dubai World and its Chairman Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem. Why is it important for you to know that DW or Sultan knew of Herve's past - it should be enough for you to know that DW is a government entity with the resources, personnel, policies & procedures to do all the neccesary checks into someone's background and that those within DW who mattered at the time did indeed know that Herve was a former (that being the key word here) French Naval Officer and had served time with the DGSE.

Everyone is indeed entitled to a past, it is an irrefutable statement of fact, and is an integral part of ones being - are you trying to say that everyone you come across in your life should first present you with a resume, personal references and current home address of past employers or are you drawing an Orwellian picture of the realtime tracking of everyone who has ever done anything remotely suspicious - but I digress, I think I answered your reference comments.

Seems we have something in common, I too, just like you live in a small town and know a great number of my neighbours - we even drop by for coffee from time to time, we do not even lock our doors ! We have no need to hide. I left Dubai some time back and feel like the weight of the world had been taken from my shoulders. Working for a bunch of shylocks really takes its toll and the fawning of expats particularily the british makes me gag, even at the thought of it.

OK - onto the Welsh government business scam thing - sorry you really lost me there, what with all the capital letters and exclamation marks - On behalf of the whole non Welsh English speaking world I apologize but I am on pretty thin ice here as I only went to Wales once and that was to Cardiff Arms Park, and incidentally had a great time but did not fill out any grant applications.

Finally in closing, what I know is for me to know and non of your business, lets permit Herve to publish his book and we can converse again,

Can't leave this without commenting on continuity and relevance as the way your post reads its a bloody incohesive rant and now its in a welsh accent Aaargh!!!

Cya Later
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 15, 2009
RedKite wrote:[4] How do I ....or anyone ELSE KNOW that the Dubai employers KNEW about Herve's past.......AT THE TIME!!
Robby says it is all on the internet NOW......BUT WAS IT ON THE INTERNET WHEN DUBAI EMPLOYED HIM!!
NO good telling me what is on Google NOW!!

Do you really think I'm a numbnuts like that? I thought you had me sitting higher on the bar...

Offcourse I check the date of publication at that time BACK then. I can't remember me saying NOW. You gotta read more careful RK.

Your off the chart with this one I believe...
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 15, 2009
Yes redkite, many expats go to dubai because they are running away from something, unemployment, family tragedy, crime, whatever. however in my case, i was in the open, an established entrepreneur, when sultan bin sulayem came to florida and invited me to go to dubai, how long have you been living in the UAE for not knowing that sultan is a name not a title. and that he is one of the most prominent UAE busiman, i did not say a good one, or one that you can trust, since he threw me to his wolves for doing my job.
2 weeks after i was hired it was all over the internet that i was a former french secret agent, they had plenty of time to figure it out and fire me if they wanted, during my months probation. they did not. 2 years later, they started to persecute me, obvioulsy the secret agent was not the reason.

My friend took that picture of me in frogman and abaya, he told me no way i am going to let that go to oblivion. these pics are on the web site to support the story, when people read my book they are going to be stunned to discover why i did it and how. james bond stuff, but for real. oh boy, just wait. it s worth it.
you are right red kite , once a spy always a spy, but guess what, the spy was asleep, retired and peacefull, no longer working as a spy, when those idiots decided to wake him up. and they got lucky that i "only" escaped. they will find why when they read the book, understand that i cant reveal here the whole story, it is 400 pages.
but know that the UAE is an easy place to hide, not a good place to live though, do you think i could walk the New York streets with a navy seal undersea gear, knife and tactical navigation plate, no, never, ever.
in dubai no problem, just put on top an abaya, some padding and you look like a woman to walk the streets, an uggly one i admit but a woman, that no one, not even a cop will dare to stop, or talk to.
i was like a ninja in a ghost suit. disguised as a woman, it is total immunity. i did it, right under their nose.
it is not tomorrow that the police is going to lift up abayas to see who is under, if they do, it is a big chunk of their culture that will go away.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
com'an herve let it all out, tell us what went wrong. you were making money for those guys ! why all the sudden change ? I understand there are evil ppl especially when it comes to money yet there is a missing link in the hall story so give us a sneak preview of your book :lol:

viking-warrior,
Behave will you, we don't want this interesting subject to go to the fight club now. and like herve all your accusations are nothing new to me or anyone else and it will be more useful making your own blog than behaving like an animal here
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 15, 2009
Viking warrior,
You accuse uaekid of animal behaviour, yet you use RACISM against the Welsh ! Who do you think you are ?
As for capital letters; are you re-writing the laws of physics? Since when do capitals and exclamation marks emanate any NOISE?? How can you "RANT" in print?? The noise is only in the little mind of the READER , who cannot cope with simple capitals.
Do the banners of French protestors bother you ? They mix capitals and lower case!
You have obviously been REALLY STUNG in business in Dubai.
Are you Scandinavian, by the way? Which country are you from , or is that a secret?
Even Herve recognised that some who flee to Dubai are running away from debts etc. elsewhere.
I did not say anything about getting Welsh GRANTS elsewhere. I said that English rogues who get grants in Wales suddenly disappear overnight , taking stolen grant money with them. Don't TWIST what I am saying.
Finally, MOST people who see SULTAN as the first name of an Arab , would think it was a TITLE, not a name. I have only been to Dubai for a few days.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
Grow up RedKite,

How many times do we have to tell you that LARGE CAPS denote SCREAMING.

Read the netiquette rules on any given internet page and its there.

Take it on for once, for god sake man.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 15, 2009
redkite, you have been in Dubai only for a few days? beleive me then , you know nothing and you have seen nothing. wait a little and you will feel the bitter once the glitter is gone. you think you can be friend with an Emirati, too bad the higher you will fall from . i dont blame you, i was just like you when i got to Dubai.
4 years later i escaped on a boat. dont you see there is something wrong in the picture.
read my book when it comes out and learn, then instead of critizising check BY YOURSELF.
so many others got ruined, broke, or are detained with NO charges, or trapped with no passport. so if i were you, i would keep a low profile, and look, then ask when you know what to ask. you are living in a trap and you dont see it.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Grow up RedKite,

Have to agree. Caps used sparingly just denote emphasis. Used in abundance they turn into a rant or 'flame' against someone or something and are too emotive. RedKite your posts will look much more impressive if you stop shouting, I promise. ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Grow up RedKite,

Have to agree. Caps used sparingly just denote emphasis. Used in abundance they turn into a rant or 'flame' against someone or something and are too emotive. RedKite your posts will look much more impressive if you stop shouting, I promise. ;)

Good advice.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
uaekid wrote:ok so you got in trouble with the GOV or an individual ( shits happen ) then you ran away with no passport and now you are in USA, did you use any of your submarine to get to USA with out a passport ?

- why didn't you as a western go to your embassy ? you would've been under their protection, we all know the soft policy in UAE toward westerns.

never heard of someone with an extreme case not even an illegal immigrant would do such a thing. something went wrong while you were here !! you did something so bad to make you run away in boat , com'an tell us what is it ! were they going to assassin you? put you in jail with no trial and you are western from a respect country ? even if they were powerful they can't over power a western country protecting it citizen !!!

you are not telling us the hall story here, it's fishy and odd.

Kid, he's from France - makes him European, not Western. Sorry to disappoint you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Kid, he's from France - makes him European, not Western. Sorry to disappoint you.

I think you'll find France is considered a Western country.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 15, 2009
Del wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Kid, he's from France - makes him European, not Western. Sorry to disappoint you.

I think you'll find France is considered a Western country.

Yes, Western European to be exact
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
When was French or European not Western, did I fall asleep?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:Case in point - Do you really believe that the Nakheel executive currently languishing in jail had anything to do with bribery and the embezzlement of funds? Garbage, not fit for intelligent consumption, food for gossip at the Lime Tree Cafe, Yes, a rung on the ladder for some half educated inexperienced local, Yes, but nothing else.

@VW: So you think that the Nakheel executive and 12 of his associates were, what, picked at random? Many Aussies jumped to their defense because those jailed were Aussies.

But when a local or arab national is accused of the same, ohhhh, he's automatically guilty. Never ever heard anyone say that it wasnt possible that they commited a crime. Just guilty as charged. Also Lime Tree Cafe gossip.

I would have to assume that there is something connected to the charges. Why, possibly someone cut a deal and gave them up. Someone who was looking to save his own neck from his charges of criminal activity.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:When was French or European not Western, did I fall asleep?

Of course their are some that would like the French to be excluded from the club :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

Of course their are some that would like the French to be excluded from the club :lol: :lol: :lol:

some??

you can also include most of America from what I read....

:lol:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

some??

you can also include most of America from what I read....

:lol:

I guess it is how you view it. The French were never fond of Americans anyway.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
I don't think many are fond of the French. :lol:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 15, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:I don't think many are fond of the French. :lol:

The good thing about the French is the Fries :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009

Well I understand that they would rather tourists just fly over France and throw their money out the window so that the French don't have to tolerate them on land.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

amd the bad thing is the flies...
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

Well I understand that they would rather tourists just fly over France and throw their money out the window so that the French don't have to tolerate them on land.

:D :D :D

That was good!

Actually it's almost automatic for Brits to say nasty things about the French, and it works the same the other way. There's a long history behind our mutual cross-Channel suspicion!

But an English friend of mine has a country cottage in the south of France where he and his wife spend a lot of time. It's on the edge of a tiny village, nobody speaks English. He says the people of the village are the nicest people you could meet anywhere, and are very patient with his schoolboy French speaking. I think I have heard that it's only the French from Paris who can be insufferable. But hey, even I have dealt with nice ones!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

amd the bad thing is the flies...

Totally in agreement, nothing worse than a French Fly
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
@Bora Bora

Hi, my understanding from a number of former colleagues who were there is that there was nothing random about their arrest and subsequent incarceration. At this point in time there are no formal charges, no detail to be revealed. The rumour is that a sum in the region of AED 1.2 - 2.0 Billion is missing, or rather unaccounted for, from Nakheel - but if you knew anything about government business you would know that not even the CEO's of these divisions have the ability to move money around - it all goes through finance (@DW) and is approved at the highest level.

That is the prime directive of the auditors crawling all over the place, find where that money went.

Was the statement of the Aussie developer, allegedly, looking to pay out a kick back unduly influenced due to his passport being taken and being a guest at Bur Dubai ? We may never know, but hearsay has no place in due process, but yes you guessed it didn't you, with the exception of Dubai. No really that is not a joke. The accusation is enough.

That is the only evidence that they have = nothing

Please ask yourself where are the locals in this picture - in jail? Not likely. Running behind the government Khandoura shouting, "Yani, it was him, walla walla, I swear!" They may well be asked to attend the police station for questioning, but amazingly their statements normally end up as prosecution evidence, they may even, themselves, be reprimanded with a few months or a year in the employment wilderness to focus their allegiances, but after that its back to business.

And yes, all fingers will turn to Adel Al Shirawi, poor sod, got to carry the can for a former UAE minister and all that crew @ DIB & Deyaar, but as sure as eggs is eggs he will pop up again very soon (relatively) in one place or another doing quite nicely, thank you very much.

Dont believe me, try googling Obaid Busit, and read up on that :) A real pillor of Dubai society and an example to us all Ha ha ha.

In summary it is one law for us and one for them, transparency - oh go pull the other one it plays jingle bells.

p.s. I did like some of the cakes from the LTC - possible one of the few things I miss about DXB :)
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
viking-warrior wrote:Case in point - Do you really believe that the Nakheel executive currently languishing in jail had anything to do with bribery and the embezzlement of funds? Garbage, not fit for intelligent consumption, food for gossip at the Lime Tree Cafe, Yes, a rung on the ladder for some half educated inexperienced local, Yes, but nothing else.

@VW: So you think that the Nakheel executive and 12 of his associates were, what, picked at random? Many Aussies jumped to their defense because those jailed were Aussies.

But when a local or arab national is accused of the same, ohhhh, he's automatically guilty. Never ever heard anyone say that it wasnt possible that they commited a crime. Just guilty as charged. Also Lime Tree Cafe gossip.

I would have to assume that there is something connected to the charges. Why, possibly someone cut a deal and gave them up. Someone who was looking to save his own neck from his charges of criminal activity.

you have to be in a situation like that or know someone to understand why these people may cut deals. this is not about guilt or innocence, it is about being trapped.
Being in prison, or have your passport confiscated in a case where money is involved, potentially carries an INDEFINITE prison term, possibly life in prison, because you cannot be released until you have paid your "alleged" debt. in addition if the person is not in jail but without his passport he loses incomes, no job, but expenses, plus lawyers fees.
It keeps adding up, after 6 months people may loose hundred thousands of dirhams, even before going to trial
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 16, 2009
@ evening RK

Racism against the Welsh? Oh come on, not one of the Welshmen I know could even utter that phrase without cracking up! Be honest you lost the plot and went way, way off track.

Spent the day catching up on a few of the threads on this forum. What happened? You started out with impeccable logic: reasoning why Dubai could not survive in the current economic climate and ended up defending the country and idiots like UAEkid.

Had you spent a few years dealing with the lunacy of living and surviving in Dubai then I would be more inclined to take your observations seriously, but a few days! Sweet Mary's tears, it would be funny were it not so sad. Its the great British disease in a new guise, the column inches spent deriding endeavour and success in the UK is what drives a great many of us away, yet people like you will not even let it go at that. You sit in your ivory tower in deepest Wales lobbing poo around like a mad monkey in a cage. And for Wales read, Rotherham, Nottingham, Glasgow, Bristol - where is not the issue its a Daily Mail state of mind.

Get out there - do something with your life - write an investment blog (you seem to like the subject of stock market investments) you are clearly eloquent enough and appear to have some knowledge of the working of that industry (!). Go for it mate, perhaps you will do well enough that the great unwashed will turn around and start putting you down on a subject that you know well.

As for that "care in the community" case, UAEkid, as I explained before, its too easy to get a rise out of him/it - half educated, illiterate, opinionated and out there, more over had you not noticed or picked up on it , he/it is a government employee specifically in place to defend and ultimately trace "problem customers" like me.

And as to his "fight club" appeal - what a laugh, really, a bigger bunch of limp wristed nancy boys you would be hard pushed to find on the planet.

So until he hires someone with the capability to break into a VPN and actually locate me (very unlikely) I will continue to be a thorn in his side.

And how can I do that - by relating clear and relevant stories and facts in support of people like Herve who are telling the truth about a corrupt and unjust society. Simple.

ps. Do you think I write like a scandinavian? That would be quite a complement to their education system were that the case.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 16, 2009
herve wrote:Being in prison, or have your passport confiscated in a case where money is involved, potentially carries an INDEFINITE prison term, possibly life in prison, because you cannot be released until you have paid your "alleged" debt. in addition if the person is not in jail but without his passport he loses incomes, no job, but expenses, plus lawyers fees.
It keeps adding up, after 6 months people may loose hundred thousands of dirhams, even before going to trial

This of course is true. But how can anybody be so naieve as to decide to live in a Muslim country without doing their homework on what it's like to live there; where they KNOW the rules will be totally different to home, and KNOW that Islamic law not only is strict, but also is alien to them and must be studied before they make any move. It's not rocket science. And RobbyG is still willing to come if he finds a job!

Before I came here I did my homework, I knew that if you run over a local in your car, you go home to get your passport and your watches, and go straight to the airport, transer any money you had to leave in your bank here once you land outside the country. I also knew that bouncing a cheque is a criminal offence and one which MAY lead you to jail. I also knew that if you keep a dog be prepared to pay a lot of money if it snaps at anyone, and hope that it doesn't get put to sleep. I have no sympathy for people who saw a TV program or magazine article and just thought to themselves 'oh what a lovely place it looks, I MUST go and work there'. Simply juvenile behaviour and deserving of whatever it brings.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat