Pork- Follow Up

Topic locked
Re: Pork- Follow up Mar 11, 2009
Del wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Del wrote:The Bible also says you shouldn't drink.

So why does taking the Holy Sacrament include drinking wine

Because the Catholic Church has a lot to answer for.

And it can bullsh*t better after a few glasses of vino.....

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 11, 2009
Speedhump, so now you insult the cavemen!! So now you really do have to apologize, since they were my ancestors........just kidding there!
Seriously consuming too much of red meat as well as alcohol is bad for your health, but then also the very act of living can lead to one's death.
Life is tedious........and then you die anyway.
zonker
BANNED

Mar 11, 2009
LOL!

All true. I for one don't want to live forever :)

I'm too old now to follow James Dean's advice to 'live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse' but I'll continue to do the best I can to have fun.

Another saying to live by is 'if you can't be a good example to others, then just serve as a horrible warning'.

;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 11, 2009
everything is bad for your health or making you anormal (like alcool or drugs) is haram

The Bible also says you shouldn't drink.

Oh? i've heard that christians believe that wine is the blood of Jesus and the bread he's meat :shock:
dima_algeria
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 11, 2009
dima_algeria wrote:everything is bad for your health or making you anormal (like alcool or drugs) is haram

Oh? i've heard that christians believe that wine is the blood of Jesus and the bread he's meat :shock:

During a religiouis rite called the Eucharist, Catholics (not all Christians) believe that bread and wine after being blessed become the body and blood of Christ and are then consumed by each religious devotee. They claim it still looks/tastes like bread and wine but is the body and blood of Christ. It's called transubstantiation.

Magritte the painter also believed this ;)

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
bushra21 wrote:Just an fyi, in an attempt to better herself as a person and a muslim bushra had stopped conuming alcohol since a month(I believe, or close to it) before ramadan. I may talk about it, but I no longer drink, hmdulillah. Next on my list is smoking!

Hey nutin wrong wit drinkin.......as long as its done in moderation!
And if ur young, enjoy and quit worryin, u can alway become a better person later, 4 ur kids and husband! :wink:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
Speedhump wrote:During a religiouis rite called the Eucharist, Catholics (not all Christians) believe that bread and wine after being blessed become the body and blood of Christ and are then consumed by each religious devotee. They claim it still looks/tastes like bread and wine but is the body and blood of Christ. It's called transubstantiation.

And the really sad part is, Catholics actually believe that.

Why would a person want to eat/drink Christ anyway?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 13, 2009
Del wrote:
Speedhump wrote:During a religiouis rite called the Eucharist, Catholics (not all Christians) believe that bread and wine after being blessed become the body and blood of Christ and are then consumed by each religious devotee. They claim it still looks/tastes like bread and wine but is the body and blood of Christ. It's called transubstantiation.

hey,

you mentioned you are a vicar...so you know a lot about your religion....

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 13, 2009
sharfraz wrote:
Del wrote:

hey,

8)

I was joking.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 13, 2009
Del wrote:
sharfraz wrote:
Del wrote:

hey,

8)

I was joking.

yeah sure, rev.... :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
my muslim first cousin back in phils. eats pork, drinks alcohol, watch strip bars and p<3n like theres no tomorrow. :roll: he converted to islam 2 years ago.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 13, 2009
xero_ wrote:my muslim first cousin back in phils. eats pork, drinks alcohol, watch strip bars and p<3n like theres no tomorrow. :roll: he converted to islam 2 years ago.

Sounds like he got the wrong instruction booklet.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
bushra21 wrote:Just an fyi, in an attempt to better herself as a person and a muslim bushra had stopped conuming alcohol since a month(I believe, or close to it) before ramadan. I may talk about it, but I no longer drink, hmdulillah. Next on my list is smoking!

And if ur young, enjoy and quit worryin, u can alway become a better person later, 4 ur kids and husband! :wink:

mmmm i'd rather work on being a better person now, for all i know i could die tomorrow and id rather on the day of judgement God see that i had truly tried to change and be better rather than ask me why i waited and kept it for later :?

that and i really dont sit well with being a hypocrit.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
bushra21 wrote:

mmmm i'd rather work on being a better person now, for all i know i could die tomorrow and id rather on the day of judgement God see that i had truly tried to change and be better rather than ask me why i waited and kept it for later :?

Fair enough!
I wish u all the best, in ur endeavors, gal! :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
dima_algeria wrote:everything is bad for your health or making you anormal (like alcool or drugs) is haram

You know what's wrong with some people?
They take some of the words from ANY holy book literally.

It's just dumb!
skipperman
Dubai Forum User

Mar 14, 2009
bushra21 wrote:

Big change. Welcome to the light. :D
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat