Breaking News: Hotel Collapses In Mecca

Topic locked
Breaking News: hotel collapses in Mecca Jan 05, 2006
A Hotel just east of the Mecca Mosque collapsed on Thursday Jan 5th killing alteast 24, causes are unknown of the collapse but there are many casualties. most dead are UAE nationals.

I'm an atheist but this accident had a very special cause I think. most nationals gave a really hard time to people from South Asia, being racist and laughing at their misery, I think God has answered something. &
im very sorry for the deaths .. :( I feel sorry for their families and friends and my sympathies goes to them.

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 05, 2006
Those that died are now enjoying themselves in Paradise. They are truely blessed.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 05, 2006
thats true... GOD BLESS THE DEAD
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Re: Breaking News: hotel collapses in Mecca Jan 07, 2006
bsorc wrote:A Hotel just east of the Mecca Mosque collapsed on Thursday Jan 5th killing alteast 24, causes are unknown of the collapse but there are many casualties. most dead are UAE nationals.

I'm an atheist but this accident had a very special cause I think. most nationals gave a really hard time to people from South Asia, being racist and laughing at their misery, I think God has answered something. &
im very sorry for the deaths .. :( I feel sorry for their families and friends and my sympathies goes to them.

Well u r hitting and caressing the cat the same time :roll: Hope they are in better place
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 07, 2006
Liban wrote:Those that died are now enjoying themselves in Paradise. They are truely blessed.

Maybe, maybe not! Depends how good they were!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 07, 2006
They were there for the purpose of 'hajj'(pilgrimage),
and a person who passes away whilst doing an act of worship is classified as a 'shaheed' (martyr),
may Allah elevate their status in Jannah (paradise).
Ameen
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 07, 2006
They were there for the purpose of 'hajj'(pilgrimage),
and a person who passes away whilst doing an act of worship is classified as a 'shaheed' (martyr),
Ameen

Muslims believe that, non-muslims don't. So if a non-muslim disagrees, let it be.

Also, as i understand, if it was their true and pure intention to go for worship, then the above "verdict" applies. And in this case we can't tell their intentions. But I'd like to wish paradise for everybody.

as for

most nationals gave a really hard time to people from South Asia, being racist and laughing at their misery, I think God has answered something

Hmmm .... How would you feel if someone said: Most Americans regard muslims as primitive and inferior, and participated in subjucating the muslim countries for a long time, therefore God has answered something by Sep11th?

Oh.. what was that? you don't accept it? It's completely different?

Treat others like you'd like to be treated.

Not all nationals treat south asians badly, and you, for sure, don't know if the ones who died were that way. That was a very insulting and insensitive remark.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 07, 2006
shaakira wrote:They were there for the purpose of 'hajj'(pilgrimage),
Ameen

Ameen
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 07, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
Liban wrote:Those that died are now enjoying themselves in Paradise. They are truely blessed.

Maybe, maybe not! Depends how good they were!

Dying while on the hajj is an automatic ticket to paradise. The hajj wipes away all sins if done with good intent.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 07, 2006
shaakira wrote:They were there for the purpose of 'hajj'(pilgrimage),
Ameen

Al hamdoulillah...

AMEEN!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 08, 2006
Hundreds of men had worked through the night, under spotlights and with cranes, to remove huge slabs of concrete, occasionally stopping to use microphones to listen for survivors.

Rescue workers searching for signs of life at a four-story building that collapsed in Islam's holiest city ended their operation on Saturday, having found no new survivors.

The Saudi Interior Ministry revised the death toll to 76, with 62 injured. Earlier the ministry said 53 people had died.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Jan 08, 2006
I'm absolutely amazed at how many hundreds of people die at this every year, mostly through stamping each other to death, security is terrible!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 08, 2006
This life is but a simple passage. It is a test. When this test ends, if you did good, then there is salvation in Paradise.

But if you did bad and didn't follow the Quran then there is Hell.

Inshallah these people that die in Mecca during the years end up in Heaven. I say inshallah for I hope that they had good intentions going there in the first place...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 08, 2006
If there is indeed anything?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 08, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:If there is indeed anything?

There sure is Choco...

The Noble Quran says so. And That is God's Fact. :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 08, 2006
Some people don't believe that there is.

My fiance says : "Lakom deenokom wa liya deen"

As I understand that's a verse from the Koran meaning: "You can believe in your religions (or lack of) and I'll believe in mine"

:)
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 09, 2006
I feel very sorry for those who don't beleive in it. For their life has no purpose. I dunno how they can live like that... If they claim they are happy with their lives or are able to live quite well, then they are blind....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 09, 2006
Liban wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:If there is indeed anything?

There sure is Choco...

The Noble Quran says so. And That is God's Fact. :)

Well scientifically speaking the only way you could really know this is to talk to someone who has died and been brought back to life, and no I'm not talking about near death experiences as the chemical reactions in the brain pretty much make everyone see and experience the same thing.

You won't know till you die.

Everyone has their own beliefs. And why should people who don't share yours be happy in their lives?

I know it's often hard for you to understand these things, but it doesn't change the fact that we are fundamentally all the same.

If you choose to believe in something and live your life according to those beliefs, then good on you and that's your choice. But you shouldn't think less of others who don't share your views.

There are many religions and belief methods in the world, they all serve their purpose to those who follow them and in the end they all teach the same basics of life.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 10, 2006
People can beleive what they want. God gave us the ability to make choices. That is His Power.

But in the end, those that choose wrong in life will regret it eventually down the line.

That is God's Truth.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 10, 2006
Liban wrote:People can beleive what they want. God gave us the ability to make choices. That is His Power.

But in the end, those that choose wrong in life will regret it eventually down the line.

That is God's Truth.

Now 15 + religions emerged to read God's mind. It's only HIM that will decide the fate of a jew, Mus., Chris, Bahai...... He gave us ability to think and moreover his decision will be based on conditions and environment of the person- u cant blame the red Indians b4 europeans found em not to follow Islam-Their fate will be judged by the acts , intentions and deeds they have done in the given situation.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 10, 2006
God is Merciful and Understanding.

He Said in the Noble Quran. Those who know not of My Message shall be judged by their deeds and actions. For it is not their fault that they know not My Words.

Yes I know its a crappy translation :P but you get my point.

That way the people that don't know of Islam, like the Aztecs (for example) or even the Prohets own mother, don't necessatly end up in hell. Their humanity is judged instead.

Also, a Muslim who beleives in God but doesn't follow His Teachings, well that Muslim is punished many many times harder than the worst non-beleiving murderer... There are many levels of Heaven and of Hell. Such a Muslim goes to the deepest of hellish levels.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums