Getting A SIMcard - Where And Price?

Topic locked
Getting a SIMcard - Where and price? Dec 31, 2005
I want to buy a SIMcard in Dubai. I know Etisalat is the only one who's offering these. I will stay close to IBN Battuta Mall, can you buy a SIMcard there in some shop? And how much will it cost me?

Thanks & Happy 2006! :) 8)

Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 31, 2005
yea in almost all the mobile shops .. im sure they got it in the batuta mall .. it cost 165dhs for the wasel prepaid card
the only problem is when u get it from a shop an not directly from etisalat it might take up to 24hrs for it to be activated ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 31, 2005
How many minutes does that SIMcard include?
Can I call international calls with it?

Salam :)
Vimto
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 31, 2005
Jamal wrote:yea in almost all the mobile shops .. im sure they got it in the batuta mall .. it cost 165dhs for the wasel prepaid card
the only problem is when u get it from a shop an not directly from etisalat it might take up to 24hrs for it to be activated ..

So, how can I get it directly from Etisalat?
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 01, 2006
If you live near IBN Battuta mall you can get sim cards in Geant the large supermarket or any of the mobile shops. Yes you can make Intl calls, i have costed calling the UK at about 50p or 3.5Dhs per minute. And on Fridays all calls are half price.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 01, 2006
arniegang wrote:If you live near IBN Battuta mall you can get sim cards in Geant the large supermarket or any of the mobile shops. Yes you can make Intl calls, i have costed calling the UK at about 50p or 3.5Dhs per minute. And on Fridays all calls are half price.

Thanks. I will have a look around IBN Battuta Mall when I'm there :wink:
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 01, 2006
Don't forget to take a copy of your passport and visit or residence visa.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 01, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Don't forget to take a copy of your passport and visit or residence visa.

Allright :) Won't forget it, thanks for the reminder :wink:
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat