Waiting For Work Visa

Topic locked
waiting for work visa Sep 13, 2008
I was recruited by a leading oil and gas company in sharjah. Company's pre employment formalities were completed in June 08. They said they are arranging the visa.

It is more than 3 months, but the visa is not yet issued to me.

I am new to UAE. Can anyone guide me regarding the time duration that may take for getting a visa.

Based on the information, I would like to decide to look for other job opportunity.

yesmg
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 13, 2008
When I got a visa it took 2 weeks.
But it was some time ago and I don't know how long does it take now.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Sep 14, 2008
It can vary depending mostly on the company and how much effort they make. The Halliburton boss probably had it waiting for him on arrival. Other companies take months or even longer. If they say it's in process, that might just mean your passport is still sitting on the PRO's desk. Once documents are with immigration it should only be a week or two I think. Here's more about Dubai visas :).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 16, 2008
It is more than 3 months, but the visa is not yet issued to me.

I am new to UAE. Can anyone guide me regarding the time duration that may take for getting a visa.

do you mean the work permit or the visa???
"i am new to UAE" this sounds like you are already here??? are you working for them? if you are and you don't have the papers then you are working illegally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

work permit/ labour card should take 10 days max - during ramadan maybe a little longer.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum