Work / Residency Visa

Topic locked
Work / Residency Visa Jun 26, 2007
Hello,

I'd be grateful if anyone had any advice on what the work / residency visa application process involves?

Am I right in thinking that to get such a visa they take a blood / urine sample? Why do they do this? Is it in case of medical emergency or testing for diseases, drugs, etc?

jcraiggibson
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 26, 2007
visit visa no medical
medical is required for your labour card to be issued, this is normally a process that is performed in tandum with the processing of your residency visa - the two are sort-of co-dependant.

the medical is to check for communicable diseases ... TB, HIV etc...
i looked into the list issue for someone last week, but can't find a definative list of what they test for... i do however remember guy from the testing department telling me it was about 15 ot 16 diffent things.. ?

don't seem to remember a urine test, but definitly a blood test ... expatriate workers in most gcc countries have to have this as part of thier employment process.

if you are HIV+ or have TB you are quarentined as soon as your results are established (a period of 2 - 3 weeks normally after the tests are taken), and summarily deported!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 26, 2007
sorry, post script,

i don't know if the tests involve any kind of drug screening ... but i doubt it.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 27, 2007
As no one knows what tests are carried out re the blood test, i would consider it prudent to assume they do check for class A drugs.

No urine test, but a chest Xray is done.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 28, 2007
arnie... you old will 'o the wisp!

they didn't ask you to pee on a stick did they??? :D
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum