Learn How Filipinas Verses Non-Filipinas Look!!!

Topic locked
Sep 03, 2008
But you are totally missing the point! Because these people wouldn't have known they were in the wrong until you told them so! They just go on first appearances, as any of us do.

But if you look Filipino, then people are going to make that mistake and sadly there's not a thing you can do about it.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 04, 2008
Hi puppy... first and foremost you seem to be suffering from a severe bout of inferiority complex. You are trying very hard to 'be' the american (and in my opinion you are) and ashamed of your ancestry (even if has nothing to do with Manila). And by the way, in present times probably I'd be ashamed of being recognised as an american. I'd rather be the Filipino. :-)

At times people call me indian but do i even bother? I don't see it as much of an insult or concern area. Its just that my looks probably make me look indian but then who cares!!! The indians (and Chinese) are any way going to take over the world sooner or later.

You are who you are
aliwrites
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 04, 2008
Why not wear a shirt with your genealogy printed on both side and wear everytime it you got out, eh...

Just get over it, thinking about others as too low compared to you is smack of arrogance.

Why dont you first ask your ancestors why you happen to look the way you are now. Its their constant inter-racial relationship that cause you to be born like this. 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 04, 2008
or just say to everyone who asks, politely of course, no im not filipino, no im not korean. easy.

and it's versus not verses. e is too far from u in the keyboard to have been a mistake, but you're not filipino or korean so you are excused :p
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 04, 2008
hard ....hard to distinguish~~
Bonde
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 05, 2008
aliwrites wrote:Hi puppy... first and foremost you seem to be suffering from a severe bout of inferiority complex. You are trying very hard to 'be' the american (and in my opinion you are) and ashamed of your ancestry (even if has nothing to do with Manila). s (and Chinese)
You are who you are

YOu see THAT is what bothers me. People accuse me of being ashamed of something that doesn't even exist just like you're accusing me. I'm accused the moment I say I'm not *insert whatever* It's just after one sentence not necessarily when I go on a forum.

And none of you even bring up the encounters with those three men. That's what really bothers me NOW. You think those men did absolutely no wrong. You all seem to think it is normal to accuse someone to be a liar (a la Jordanian) and to tell strangers I'm a *Korean* AFTER they know I'm not (a la Palestinian).

So the less learned is that it's perfectly normal if I get to know all of you and lie to other people about who or what you are.

So if Pinoy tells me he's Filipino, according to all of you it's perfectly normal and wonderful to laugh at him and say 'you're a liar.' That's what you are all telling me. If I tell the truth I need medication but if someone tells me I'm a liar they have high self-esteem, are wonderful people, and it is inhumane for me to get upset. If a stranger tells random people I'm Korean AFTER he learns I'm not, it is inhumane for me to be upset with him. He is in the right. He is a wonderful person lying about me.

That's the lesson I've learned here
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 05, 2008
puppypup wrote:
aliwrites wrote:Hi puppy... first and foremost you seem to be suffering from a severe bout of inferiority complex. You are trying very hard to 'be' the american (and in my opinion you are) and ashamed of your ancestry (even if has nothing to do with Manila). s (and Chinese)
You are who you are

YOu see THAT is what bothers me. People accuse me of being ashamed of something that doesn't even exist just like you're accusing me. I'm accused the moment I say I'm not *insert whatever* It's just after one sentence not necessarily when I go on a forum.

And none of you even bring up the encounters with those three men. That's what really bothers me NOW. You think those men did absolutely no wrong. You all seem to think it is normal to accuse someone to be a liar (a la Jordanian) and to tell strangers I'm a *Korean* AFTER they know I'm not (a la Palestinian).

So the less learned is that it's perfectly normal if I get to know all of you and lie to other people about who or what you are.

So if Pinoy tells me he's Filipino, according to all of you it's perfectly normal and wonderful to laugh at him and say 'you're a liar.' That's what you are all telling me. If I tell the truth I need medication but if someone tells me I'm a liar they have high self-esteem, are wonderful people, and it is inhumane for me to get upset. If a stranger tells random people I'm Korean AFTER he learns I'm not, it is inhumane for me to be upset with him. He is in the right. He is a wonderful person lying about me.

That's the lesson I've learned here

shut up and get over it will you . god.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 05, 2008
ALL Palestinian men are normal to call me Korean after learning I'm not. Also ALL Palestinian men are normal to say I'm KOrean and to reveal ex-Korean girl opened the gates of paradise. I"m so honored that I could be someone who opens the gates of paradise to an unmarried Palestinian. I should take medication if I think it's weird for a guy to suggest I may open the gates of paradise for him because I remind him of ex Korean gf. The lesson learned is that I should become a Korean who opens the gates of Paradise.

Lots of lessons to be learned by those classy wonderful 3 men I posted about. I should kiss their feet because they are so normal and wonderful. I should treat people just like they treated me because all of you think those 3 guys said normal and tactful things to me.

Who wants my gates of paradise because only a woman of high self-esteem loves be a Korean lookalike who opens herself.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 05, 2008
Spread your legs you Flipina/Korean B**ch. I want to taste some Filipno pie. :D :D
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 16, 2008
I just joined the forum today and had a great laugh already :)

Hmmm... let me start by saying, I am a Filipina, and a proud one.

I was in Paris, France 2 years back, having my quiet dinner when the manager of the restaurant approached me:

"Are you American?" asked the manager

"No, I am not." I responded.

Taking the opportunity to make somebody laugh, I continued and joked to the manager:

"Do you think with my nose I can be mistaken as American?"

Hahahahhahaha :) That was a great day. We both laugh like we never laughed before. My nose by the way, is not bad...I just used it as an excuse and a great uplifting-the-mood-reason to be happy.

The French manager responded "It's because you are fluent in English."

Now gals and guys, life is so nice to be pissed off with something so simple isn't it?

With the photos posted above by the way....hmmmm....we have more beautiful ones :) hahahahaha look no further.

Smile always. Life is short to be upset. Take a break and breathe some fresh breeze!

xx Sheryl xx
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 16, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:Hmmm... let me start by saying, I am a Filipina, and a proud one.

I love that attitude!!! I still cannot understand why it is considered to be lowly to b a Philipino!!!!!!!!! I love them.

What pissed me off was ths huge attitude problem.

Ahhh..... a breath of fresh air!!
aliwrites
Dubai Forums Member

to puppy with love Sep 17, 2008
Phew! I can't believe at 1:35am in the morning I would register in DubaiForums just because of the extreme desire to join this topic.

To puppy dear, you're an ace...NOT!

First of all, being a 'white' as you claim doesn't excuse you for spelling versus with verses.

Second, what on earth made you feel those guys were even talking to you because you seem like a housemaid like some Filipinas are and not because you're hot? (in case you are) Coz babes, that's what they sometimes think. I'm a proud Asian...and more so...Filipina. I've been to the major cities of the world and I've confirmed to my skin that Asians are pretty but then if you really can't accept being mistakenly thought of as one, and you're wasting people's time with your identity issues then

THIRD - why don't you book an appointment at the beauty saloon and have the nicest of blond colouring done to you, then go get yourself some serious green or blue contact lenses in case your eyes arent non-asian enough. ..
:wink:
iris_flower
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: to puppy with love Sep 17, 2008
iris_flower wrote:Phew! I can't believe at 1:35am in the morning I would register in DubaiForums just because of the extreme desire to join this topic.

To puppy dear, you're an ace...NOT!

First of all, being a 'white' as you claim doesn't excuse you for spelling versus with verses.

Second, what on earth made you feel those guys were even talking to you because you seem like a housemaid like some Filipinas are and not because you're hot? (in case you are) Coz babes, that's what they sometimes think. I'm a proud Asian...and more so...Filipina. I've been to the major cities of the world and I've confirmed to my skin that Asians are pretty but then if you really can't accept being mistakenly thought of as one, and you're wasting people's time with your identity issues then

THIRD - why don't you book an appointment at the beauty saloon and have the nicest of blond colouring done to you, then go get yourself some serious green or blue contact lenses in case your eyes arent non-asian enough. ..
:wink:

A little nip here, a tuck there and...

You are Michael Jackson!!!

Next time you want to pick your nose, it will be out of a catalogue!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 17, 2008
Let me say as well that I am a Filipina and like farthestpoint, im very proud of my nationality too!

Puppy, all your posts gave me a huge laugh and now i'm so thankful coz you took away sleepiness from me.

Haven’t seen you yet but I’m totally convinced that you’re not one of us coz we don’t have the attitude like yours.
Silliest
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 17, 2008
puppypu still whining. God this place is filled mostly with ppl with low self esteem and ppl who couldnt do crap in their home countries espeically western. Well if you are in Europe, North America you get to meet 2 great ppl, 4 cool ppl and 2 ok ppl and 2 ppl you wouldnt hang out. Here out of ten at times you get to meet none great ppl, 1 ok ppl and rest I would hang out.

The thing is most ppl especially westerners cant live same lifestle back home as they do here and when they get elevated to "special" status their ego is inflaed. I meet ppl here and 9 times out of 10 they talk abt their yatch, house, great car etc...... crap shit. It's like ppl likepuppypup quality ppl are leaving
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 17, 2008
desert surfer wrote:puppypu still whining. God this place is filled mostly with ppl with low self esteem and ppl who couldnt do crap in their home countries espeically western. Well if you are in Europe, North America you get to meet 2 great ppl, 4 cool ppl and 2 ok ppl and 2 ppl you wouldnt hang out. Here out of ten at times you get to meet none great ppl, 1 ok ppl and rest I would hang out.

The thing is most ppl especially westerners cant live same lifestle back home as they do here and when they get elevated to "special" status their ego is inflaed. I meet ppl here and 9 times out of 10 they talk abt their yatch, house, great car etc...... crap tasty. It's like ppl likepuppypup quality ppl are leaving

I am sorry DS, but this post is disambiguous, disjointed and ultimately decidedly disheartening. Try as I might, I find your grasp of the English language to be weak at best. Perhaps you have spent too long using abbreviated text language on a mobile? Finding it hard to use just your thumbs on a computer keyboard? All I can hope is that they are fully opposing.

You seem to be whining more than 'Puppy' and obviously feel there is no-one here up to your standards to 'hang out with'. The locals have one thing right: If you don't like it, don't stay. Maybe you should join the 'quality ppl' you so admire...?

Not everyone from the west is here because they cannot get a good job back there. Some are called here BECAUSE they do the best job back there and someone here is willing to pay for their services.

You are obviously an evenly balanced person. You have a chip on both shoulders.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 18, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
You are obviously an evenly balanced person. You have a chip on both shoulders.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight

Way too much chip, makes him drag his nuts all over the city. :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 19, 2008
He has a carpet at his door that reads:

"Please wipe your knuckles..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 19, 2008
I like Filipinos, because they are decent, they are respectful and they can blend in the society. I know there are some other nationalities out there, that are good, kind and generous.

And lastly I like the culture of Filipinos, it's exceptional. :D

Peace Out
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 19, 2008
puppypup wrote:I'm not vain. How would you like to be a woman of French, English, Irish, Spanish, and Lithuanian ancestry like myself and have random Arab men come up to you asking if you're from the Philippines because the maids and beautycams(I don't know what that is) are from there?

If you're English and someone things you're Arab or Greek that's not that extreme because you're of a similar 'race.' But yeah that can be annoying but imagine if you are ethnically Swedish and people kept asking if you were from Ethiopia or Mongolia. Wouldn't that make you feel weird?

It's weird and puzzling that I could be mistaken for Southeast Asian. It's not vanity. It's being stripped and immediately denied identity and culture by strange Arab men who don't want to know my name or my interests. They want me to be Filipina whether I am or not or want to be or not. That is what I don't get!!! So I just wanted to educate people on the differences of features.

Jeez, you really seem to have a status issue problem or whatever.
Be happy you look SouthAsian ... if you would be blond and have big eyes and a big bum, I wouldn't even notice you on the street ;-)
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2008
oooo
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 22, 2008
Silliest wrote:Let me say as well that I am a Filipina and like farthestpoint, im very proud of my nationality too!

Puppy, all your posts gave me a huge laugh and now i'm so thankful coz you took away sleepiness from me.

Haven’t seen you yet but I’m totally convinced that you’re not one of us coz we don’t have the attitude like yours.

Hi I'm glad you got a good laugh, seriously. I'm very opinionated when I write about my qualms. I may offend but hopefully I try to make my point with some humor. Every trauma should be laughed at the proper time of course.

You may have had a good laugh but those vignettes I wrote were all true. I am not going to dye my hair blonde. BTW being blond doesn't make you Euro. Aussie aborigines have blonde hair. Gaughin mentioned Polynesians or Melanesians had red hair. Also blue or green eyes don't necessarily have to be Euro. I've seen 'full' Asians with green and hazel eyes. I'm fine having dark brown wavy hair and my eyes are hazel anyway.

Again I repeat again I don't understand how you forum members think those guys were so nice to me accusing me of lying about my nationality and ethnicity. And why should I be flattered that a man says to strangers that I'm Korean after knowing I'm not. I mean why should I be so proud and thankful for that.

Who cares about the BS that someone is mistaking me for an Asian, Mexican, Sicilian, Brazilian, whatever. But why should I be flattered that Palestinian told a stranger that I'm Korean AFTER knowing I'm not. Why does that incident make me hateful of Koreans or feel superior. Why does being upset with a man who tells me I lied about ethnicity make me superior. THAT is what is getting on my nerves from you guys NOW.

BTW I DO have a big bum (ghetto booty as we say in the US).
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 22, 2008
Open up your legs you Flipina/Korean B*tch. I want to give it hard to you and spank that Lorean ass. That'll learn you.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 22, 2008
Korean ass, that is
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 22, 2008
puppypup wrote:
Silliest wrote:Let me say as well that I am a Filipina and like farthestpoint, im very proud of my nationality too!

Hi I'm glad you got a good laugh, seriously. I'm very opinionated when I write about my qualms. I may offend but hopefully I try to make my point with some humor. Every trauma should be laughed at the proper time of course.

You may have had a good laugh but those vignettes I wrote were all true. I am not going to dye my hair blonde. BTW being blond doesn't make you Euro. Aussie aborigines have blonde hair. Gaughin mentioned Polynesians or Melanesians had red hair. Also blue or green eyes don't necessarily have to be Euro. I've seen 'full' Asians with green and hazel eyes. I'm fine having dark brown wavy hair and my eyes are hazel anyway.

Again I repeat again I don't understand how you forum members think those guys were so nice to me accusing me of lying about my nationality and ethnicity. And why should I be flattered that a man says to strangers that I'm Korean after knowing I'm not. I mean why should I be so proud and thankful for that.

Who cares about the BS that someone is mistaking me for an Asian, Mexican, Sicilian, Brazilian, whatever. But why should I be flattered that Palestinian told a stranger that I'm Korean AFTER knowing I'm not. Why does that incident make me hateful of Koreans or feel superior. Why does being upset with a man who tells me I lied about ethnicity make me superior. THAT is what is getting on my nerves from you guys NOW.

BTW I DO have a big bum (ghetto booty as we say in the US).

Chill out!

BTW, most of the 'blonde' European women you see out here...aren't real blondes either!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
'just finished back tracking all the posts and comments on this thread.
I must say...highly entertaining guys!!!
dunebasher
Dubai Forum User

Oct 06, 2008
dunebasher wrote:'just finished back tracking all the posts and comments on this thread.
I must say...highly entertaining guys!!!

We try to please!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
This is the hilarious thread that brought me in to DF...

Shall I say "Thank You, puppypup?"

farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:This is the hilarious thread that brought me in to DF...

i can see what you mean...hehehe.
dunebasher
Dubai Forum User

Oct 06, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:This is the hilarious thread that brought me in to DF...

You might regret it one day...but not too soon!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat