Did You Say BRITISH?

Topic locked
Did you say BRITISH? Jul 19, 2008
Is it just a coincidence that the poor Britons are getting some poor press? From the recent Sex on the Beach to the British Brawl at Madinat?

Is it only a coincidence? or something else?

aliwrites
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 19, 2008
I guess the british are also flawed human beings after all huh?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Jul 19, 2008
Well the locals put them in pedestal and they treat them like former colonists
many brits have been apprehended but the embassy intervened and bailed em out, it good news recently embassy got fed up and decided not to interfere.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 19, 2008
The embassy doesn't interfer actually. They never bail people out, they won't even recommend a solicitor for people in trouble.

Get your facts right first please.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 19, 2008
Hi,

I guess Choco is right. The embassy does not bail out anybody but probably does provide access to counsel.

My comments were about the recent spike in news about the BRitish for all the wrong reasons. I cannot remember so many wrong things being written about the british like in the recent past?

A few questions:

Is it the wrong 'type' of Britons that are now coming into Dubai?
Or is it that the press has started reporting like this only recently?
Is it that the opportunities for 'activities very british' are leaving them stranded in the most embarassing situations?
aliwrites
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 19, 2008
I guess that British citizens misbehaving through drink is being reported in the same manner that emiratis commiting buggery and male rape, filipino cross dressers and any other person comitting a crime would.
Nothing sinister, nothing to get excited about and certainly not something for your anti Brit agenda :)
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 21, 2008
eh?????
aliwrites
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 21, 2008
eh?????
aliwrites
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 22, 2008
As an Englishman I'm immensely proud of my country's heritage and it's history (slavery and genocide excluded of course). However, England (indeed Britain) today is not the same place it once was.

Whilst many of the ills that permeate Britian are evident in many European cities, there are some that are exclusively and unfortunately unique to us.

Anti-social behaviour is now as bad, if not worse, than it has ever been. Friday & Saturday nights in most provincial UK towns are rife with casual drinken violence. Add to the that the growing trend in knife crime and you can quickly see why those people able to leave for more 'civilised' climes are doing so.

England has the highest rates of teenage pregnancy and teenage alcohol and drug abuse in Europe, combined with some of the worst levels of illiteracy. It's not a good picture for the future of 'not so Great' Britain.

Add to this that the Government has done virtually nothing to combat any of these trends and is massively guilty of being 'asleep at the wheel', and combine the horrendous folly of following the US blindly into Iraq.

So put these facts into context when you read the miniscule number of reports about English people misbehaving. Read Gulf News and you'll notice that murders happen with an alarming regularity in Dubai and are usually by Indians/Pakistanis and Filipinos. That does mean that all Indians/Pakistanis and Filipinos are murderers.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 22, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:...That does mean that all Indians/Pakistanis and Filipinos are murderers.

I hope you meant "does NOT mean..." or else I will kill you.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Jul 22, 2008
oooo!!! Pinoy!! now you sound like one!!! :-) :D :D :D :D
aliwrites
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 23, 2008
aliwrites wrote:oooo!!! Pinoy!! now you sound like one!!! :-) :D :D :D :D

hey man aren't you suppose to be throwing a couple of rocks at some military tanks right now? :lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 23, 2008
pinoy1 wrote:
Dr Strangeglove wrote:...That does mean that all Indians/Pakistanis and Filipinos are murderers.

Filipinos are lowly and oversued in comparison with (others). Therefore They are lower themselves before British and whites.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 23, 2008
pinoy1 wrote:

The prosecution rests.. :wink:
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 24, 2008
lol. I would like to appeal! My last statement was meant to inject humor through play of words. I did not mean it literally of course! I can't believe I had to explain that.. God.. lighten up people!

bonbonboi, I won't debate you on your views about Filipinos. You're not even on topic. Feel free to yak about it as long as you want.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat