Deep Sea Fishing?

Topic locked
Deep sea fishing? Nov 04, 2007
I was thinking that it would be a good idea for a few of us to go deep sea fishing.

I've never been fishing. Well, I attempted it once but it is a long and embarrasing story...

Where do they rent boats for this kind of trip?

Anyone here interested?

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 04, 2007
I'm interested, and my dad will be here in 3 weeks, and he'd definitely be interested.

We need some fish food too, I reckon I could nominate some people.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 05, 2007
^ian^ wrote:I'm interested, and my dad will be here in 3 weeks, and he'd definitely be interested.

We need some fish food too, I reckon I could nominate some people.

Hey ,

i will be in 4 weeks :lol: Btwn , your daddy gonna search for a girl for u in Dubai ? :roll:

we can take sage og onion with us . You guyz have golden chance to throw him in sea :wink:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 05, 2007
I'm interested but only if I can bring along my own spear 8)
I Sioux
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 06, 2007
I Sioux wrote:I'm interested but only if I can bring along my own spear 8)

Well, you'll need more than a 2" spear to be able to poke a fish :)

But you are welcome.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2007
There's a company that arrange for deep sea fishing for Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Fenikia Marina (im not sure if i spell it right) - they can arrange the boat for you all.

In Sharjah, there are boats for rent also somewhere in Buheira corniche.

It's time to go fishing! We're heading to Ras Al Khaimah.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 09, 2007
SCY wrote:There's a company that arrange for deep sea fishing for Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Fenikia Marina (im not sure if i spell it right) - they can arrange the boat for you all.

In Sharjah, there are boats for rent also somewhere in Buheira corniche.

It's time to go fishing! We're heading to Ras Al Khaimah.

Thanks I figure it might be cheaper to sail out of Sharjah than Jumerith Beach Hote (a tourist attraction thing). Someone mentioned something out of Abu Dhabi - I'll check it out. I've never done it but it seems these trips are done before dawn.

In Ras Al Khaimah do you fish off a peer/jetty, etc. or go out in the water?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2007
wow i love fishing. can someone post boat price here from sharjah? the 2-5 hour rental fees maybe.

i always go fishing in al khan canal, SCY is there a landmark in ras
al khaima where you go fishing? maybe i could give it a try :oops:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 15, 2007
Sorry for the late reply.

There's ongoing reclamation area between Umm Al Qwain and RAK, that's where we go fishing. Shh...that's a side trip after work. We're still exploring some fishing sites down there, and i will let you know soon. But it's crabbing time now. Hehehe!

I haven't tried the boat in Sharjah yet, but i heard it's affordable. OK, I will go jog down there tomorrow, i will do some inquiries.

Xero, we're fishing in Al Khan Lagoon.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 16, 2007
SCY wrote:But it's crabbing time now. Hehehe!

Do you use your toes as bait :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

deep sea fishing Dec 18, 2007
there is a compny called Seven Seas they do deep sea fishing , i don't know location but i think their office in jumeriah some where,i have phone number 04-3280109 i called thm from 2 weeks ago and booked for a fishing trip for 4 hours we brought more than 30 kg if i'm not mistaken two big hammour and only one baracuda the rest shery but the big one it was really nice trip ,by the way fishing equipments,baits all included in their price as i remember,we paid at that time 1600 aed we were 6 persons,even the pick up and drop service, water and juices,pepsi,and Sandwiches,mmmm yes not more.
hsam
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: deep sea fishing Dec 18, 2007
hsam wrote:there is a compny called Seven Seas they do deep sea fishing , i don't know location but i think their office in jumeriah some where,i have phone number 04-3280109 i called thm from 2 weeks ago and booked for a fishing trip for 4 hours we brought more than 30 kg if i'm not mistaken two big hammour and only one baracuda the rest shery but the big one it was really nice trip ,by the way fishing equipments,baits all included in their price as i remember,we paid at that time 1600 aed we were 6 persons,even the pick up and drop service, water and juices,pepsi,and Sandwiches,mmmm yes not more.

Thanks for the blue large print information.

Was it 1,600 per person? That's a lot of dough. I guess I could call and find out but I am lazy...

Who's in?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 18, 2007
arniegang

Dec 18, 2007
"we paid at that time 1600 aed we were 6 persons"

sounds like 1600 for all 6 and not per person

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Dec 21, 2007
UAQ is the place! In Dubai its all expensive charters however you can rent a boat and all the kit in Umm Al Quwain for 1500 dhs for a 4 hour trip with up to 8 people in the boat. Take your own 'refreshments' and a pack lunch.

You don't call, just rock up to the quay and negotiate with one of the many boats based there.

Scenery on the way in and out is great and the fishing is on wreck sites and manufactured reefs. Lots of hammour and a nice barbie on the beach in the evening...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat