Copy Of Residence Visa Acceptable At Airport For Wife?

Topic locked
copy of residence visa acceptable at airport for wife? Nov 06, 2007
Hi
I recently obtained residence visa for my wife and sent her a copy of the same. She is coming to uae for the first time. Is copy of the visa accepetable for boarding the flight from india ? i heard that it is enough to have her original visa submitted at the dubai airport on the day of arrival. Will there be any hassles for her in collecting the visa and coming out of the airport (terminal 2)? And advantage in having marhaba service?

Thanks

trafficlinq
Dubai Forums Member

Re: copy of residence visa acceptable at airport for wife? Nov 06, 2007
trafficlinq wrote:Hi
I recently obtained residence visa for my wife and sent her a copy of the same. She is coming to uae for the first time. Is copy of the visa accepetable for boarding the flight from india ? i heard that it is enough to have her original visa submitted at the dubai airport on the day of arrival. Will there be any hassles for her in collecting the visa and coming out of the airport (terminal 2)? And advantage in having marhaba service?

Thanks

I suggest you call the airline in India and ask them directly.

I do think it is ok. There is a desk at the arrivals part specifically for "visa collection" so I imagine it is precisely for your situation.

Marhaba is worth it and they should be able to assist her. Marhaba is 150 dhs and a pleasent "welcome".

Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 06, 2007
yes, just make sure that the original visa is lodged with visa services at the airport at least 4 hours before the flight arrives or she will not be allowed out of the airport.

bording on a copy is fine, how else would anyone be able to exit the country if they had to produce the original visa....
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 06, 2007
your wife will need an "ok to board" status in order for the airline in India to let her get onto the flight if she is carrying a copy of her visa.

The "ok to board" is given by the airline's office in Dubai after they see the original visa.

I faced this issue recently and you need to check with the airline in India and its office in Dubai to make sure an "ok to board" message is received in India.
syiem
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 06, 2007
Thanks pal, i showed the visa in the airlines office and got the OK to Board message :D
trafficlinq
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum