H O M O People In Dubai

Topic locked
H o m o people in Dubai Oct 17, 2005
hey yall...

I have heard many times that there is a huge number of gay people in UAE...It surprised me cuz dubai is a muslim country..but on the other hand i can c where its coming from cause of how the government distance guys from girls so they start to find other alternatives..

Ive also seen alot of local guys hold hands..is it normal?? in denmark its just ewww...not that i have anything againt them..

how can i even know that the guy i think is cute might be gay(god forbid) :?

D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 17, 2005
my subject was not FUN people in dubai but H o m o - s 3 x u -a l in dubai but the auto censor. changed it to FUn people in dubai...
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Re: H o m o people in Dubai Oct 18, 2005
D-Unit wrote:hey yall...

I have heard many times that there is a huge number of gay people in UAE...It surprised me cuz dubai is a muslim country..but on the other hand i can c where its coming from cause of how the government distance guys from girls so they start to find other alternatives..

Ive also seen alot of local guys hold hands..is it normal?? in denmark its just ewww...not that i have anything againt them..

how can i even know that the guy i think is cute might be gay(god forbid) :?

well the problem is with the outlook. I thought the same if guys hold hands they are considered gays in west but it's not the case here. Most of the ppl are anti-gay and consider it as a taboo so be careful. U can ask Liban and Pumpkin of gay survival tips in Gulf.

And btw the admin doesnt have tiime to read the messages and change s*ex to fun , its auto censor... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 18, 2005
There's a massive community in Dubai that's for sure. I do find it weird when you see locals holding hands and not always in just a friendly manner, if you did that in a European city then watch out, that's for sure.

Live and let live, but it isn't tolerated here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 18, 2005
well ya i bet its a taboo but it just seems like the number of gay people in the gulf is increasing..

this is a true story:
I was in a cafe one time and there was a cute guy there so i was looking at him trying to get his attention and when i finally got it..and he smiled .. i thought..ka ching!! when all of a suden a guy walkes in and goes to MY future husband!! lol..this is when my world crashed and i found out that i was actually hitting on a gay guy :sad1:
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 18, 2005
D-Unit wrote:well ya i bet its a taboo but it just seems like the number of gay people in the gulf is increasing..

this is a true story:
I was in a cafe one time and there was a cute guy there so i was looking at him trying to get his attention and when i finally got it..and he smiled .. i thought..ka ching!! when all of a suden a guy walkes in and goes to MY future husband!! lol..this is when my world crashed and i found out that i was actually hitting on a gay guy :sad1:

I don't disagree with you that there are gays in UAE, but it is absolutely an empty drivel that they are increasing by leaps and bound. Contarary to what most of the people in west think about UAE customs, one can say it is the best in the world. Guys holding hands or embracing each other in public or kissing each other in the cheek could be merely out of emotion they carry which a brother may nurture for another.
Sloane Ranger
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 19, 2005
A lot many times I see Arab guys greeting eachother with kisses... and I find it kinda cute... Its in their culture.. We girls do it too and their is no questioning!
But I must agree that it would be cute only for those guys... If I see non Arabs do it, it'l definately disturb me.

There's some kinda holding on banyas sq. where two guys are close to eachother -like about to kiss greet eachother.... that kinda looks anomalous there though...

& strange.. I havnt seen any homos out here! I begin to doubt what Ive seen at all?? :scratch:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: H o m o people in Dubai Oct 19, 2005
hey yall...

There is no Distance actually between the 2 genders, maybe the law is saying that, but librity is evreywhere and sometimes its worse than Europe. but its those ppl's choise that they have made to be like that.

Diffirent cultures and different happits, it doesnt mean the same. for example, in many arabic places and some places like Itlay, men use to kiss each others on the cheeks to say Hi or thank you. but in other places its not normal.
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 19, 2005
easternjewel wrote:& strange.. I havnt seen any homos out here! I begin to doubt what Ive seen at all?? :scratch:

I was shocked when i came a cross an invitation in one of the expat. sites for a Gay party in Dubai ... i was out of my mind :shock:

its there and i think it takes place in some hotels and stuff like that
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 20, 2005
in dubai if u see 2 guyz holding hands this mean they have strong friendship i mean they r like brothers the gayz r known from the way they walk and talk and some of them they but makeup and have v.long hair ...
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 20, 2005
How about if two guys actually do a lips to lips kissing in public, is it also legal?

am not a gay, just asking. :lol:
Seeker
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 20, 2005
hmm :scratch: seeker
..why would u ask such a question..but i have heard that pumpkin and liban can give u some gay survival tips...hehe lol..
(sniper420 told me)

[/b]
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 21, 2005
Seeker wrote:How about if two guys actually do a lips to lips kissing in public, is it also legal?

am not a gay, just asking. :lol:

:pukeleft: :roll:
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 21, 2005
Nurato, you obviously have little or no experience of gay guys as not all of them walk with their bum cheeks clenched together and talk with a camp nasal accent. I know about 5 or 6 guys who you would never in a million years know they were gay unless they told you. So don't be so quick to judge! On the flip side I know several straight guys who act the way you say gay men should be, some straight guys can be very camp.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 22, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Nurato, you obviously have little or no experience of gay guys as not all of them walk with their bum cheeks clenched together and talk with a camp nasal accent. I know about 5 or 6 guys who you would never in a million years know they were gay unless they told you. So don't be so quick to judge! On the flip side I know several straight guys who act the way you say gay men should be, some straight guys can be very camp.

offcorse i have no exp. of gayz im not of them maybe u can tell us more about them
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 22, 2005
Look gay people are no different to anyone else, they just like people of the same sex, that's it. It doesn't make them strange or odd. Many people however find two girls liking each other a bit more acceptable than two guys. Bet no-one complains about Angelina Jolie being openly bi now do they!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 22, 2005
she is ? i didn't know that.

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Oct 23, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Look gay people are no different to anyone else, they just like people of the same fun, that's it. It doesn't make them strange or odd. Many people however find two girls liking each other a bit more acceptable than two guys. Bet no-one complains about Angelina Jolie being openly bi now do they!

HUH? no...... She's going out with brad pitt! LOL
easternjewel

Oct 23, 2005
ya she is bi ..she admitted on Tv...but guys ofcourse think that she is more cool now..
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 23, 2005
Here is to hopping she comes out with a scandalous S3X tape next, grrrr 
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 23, 2005
hahah fayz u wish..i actually heard that there has been something like that..so go ahead and search the net..
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 23, 2005
So what if she's now 'engaged' to Brad Pitt, doesn't mean she still can't see women too. She's admitted to having flings with women. Just because someone is attached to someone of the opposite gender doesn't mean they can't be attracted to others of the same sex, you know there are people who've been married for years who turn out to be gay, but have just been denying it most of their life or are scared to express their true colours because of family, social pressure etc etc.

Madonna's another one who's always been very open about her girly flings in her younger days, but I think it was more for show and controversy.
Freddie Mercury (Rock band Queen) was actually seeing a woman when he died after years of batting for the same side.
Other famous people who aren't straight:
Ellen Degeneres
Stephen Gately - Boyzone
Michael Stipe - REM
George Michael
KD Lang
Elton John
Sir Ian MacKellen - who scarily loves to frequent nudist beaches.
Portia De Rossi - who wants to marry partner Ellen Degeneres
Barry Manilow
David Hyde-Pierce - Niles from Frasier
Mark from Westlife, has now just come out the closet, oh like we didn't already guess that one, had to be pop musics worst kept secret!

Bet there's a few shocks in there?!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Hi Oct 23, 2005
Look.....

This is just an observation.....so dont gimme any crap......but why are so many filipino men feminine or just plain gay.......

is it a DNA thing.......i dont think so......whats the cause....

Peace!

Before some a-hole says anything.....I AM NOT SAYING THAT ALL FILIPINO MEN ARE FEMININE OR GAY.....

peace
kayvee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2005
Kayvee, You're funny, talk about on the defense from the get go.

Honestly I don't know. Some in any race are just more feminine just as some girls are more masculine. But as you say we don't brand every girl with short hair, bag clothes and comfy shoes a lesbian now do we.

It's weird and a topic looking into. But you know some women like a slightly more feminine guy, loads of research has been done on this. Ever taken the test which shows mens/womens faces and you have to pick which ones you find more attractive, they use the same people, but some of the pics have more feminine or masculine features and after 20 selections it tells you what your preference is, whether you find more masculine or slightly feminine men/women more attractive.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 23, 2005
naruto wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Nurato, you obviously have little or no experience of gay guys as not all of them walk with their bum cheeks clenched together and talk with a camp nasal accent. I know about 5 or 6 guys who you would never in a million years know they were gay unless they told you. So don't be so quick to judge! On the flip side I know several straight guys who act the way you say gay men should be, some straight guys can be very camp.

offcorse i have no exp. of gayz im not of them maybe u can tell us more about them

If u want to know more about gays contact LIBAN AND HIS CEDAR LOVING GAY PPLZ. An organisation formed by Liban and Pumpkin Escobar. PM em.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 24, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:So what if she's now 'engaged' to Brad Pitt, doesn't mean she still can't see women too.

Does that happen............ Now thats added to my database! Engaged to brad pitt and a Bi!! :shock:

anyways gud on her, cause I never liked her... and it annoys me when men like her for her Ugly irregular upsized lips
easternjewel

Oct 24, 2005
its funny that u dont like her cuz the avatar uve got has the same features as jolie
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Hi Oct 25, 2005
kayvee wrote:Look.....

This is just an observation.....so dont gimme any crap......but why are so many filipino men feminine or just plain gay.......

is it a DNA thing.......i dont think so......whats the cause....

Peace!

Before some a-hole says anything.....I AM NOT SAYING THAT ALL FILIPINO MEN ARE FEMININE OR GAY.....

peace

this is true
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 25, 2005
D-Unit wrote:its funny that u dont like her cuz the avatar uve got has the same features as jolie

i dun think so.. :tongue:
easternjewel

Oct 26, 2005
Gay people in the States keep a razor blade on their tongue for jerkoffs who think it's smart to gaybash. Makes you think twice about yelling "HOMO" at the club :roll:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat