WHERE 2 SHOP FOR WASHING MACHINE, DISHWASHER, FRIDGE ETC...?

Topic locked
WHERE 2 SHOP FOR WASHING MACHINE, DISHWASHER, FRIDGE ETC...? Apr 17, 2007
Hi,

I am soon to be moving to dubai in a few months and would like alot of advice on where are the best places to buy washing machine, dishwasher, fridge freezer etc?? Would appreciate some advise from some1 who was in the same position as I am now...

chinku
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 17, 2007
This depends on where exactly you'll be living
msafi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 17, 2007
Hi there,

I will be living in Jumeirah/Marina area.

Thanks
chinku
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 18, 2007
For a good range, good prices, special offers etc and a one-stop-shop, you can't really beat Carrefour.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 18, 2007
Also try second hand. There are sites like dubizzle,souq etc and also this site that have alot of second hand stuff from expats who've only been here a year, so the stuff is pretty much brand new + its cheaper.
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 18, 2007
carrefour, usually the best deals, and touchwood, i dont have a complain against the stuff that i bought in last one and half years.
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Thankyou very much for this...I will def...go n try this store..
chinku
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 19, 2007
This topic is of great interest to me. I do the Marketing for an appliance chain in Canada. What are the major appliance stores in the UAE? I mean the ones where I can get name brand appliances - Miele, Maytag, Whirlpool, GE, Frigidaire, etc? For example, www.goemans.com or thebrick.com or futureshop.ca. These types of stores? Does Dubai have them like this or is Carrefour the one and only?
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 20, 2007
i did my whitegoods shopping at hyperpanda - festival city. a bit of a drive from jumeirah. i find the range of appliances is better than carrefour and place is less crowded over weekend than carrefour. price-wise, similar to carrefour for same brand, but carrefour has lower-priced brand as well.

the other advante of hyper-panda is, it is in the same place as ikea, so you can do your whitegoods shopping, and then move to furniture shopping :lol:
JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 20, 2007
There is absolutely no shortage of places selling white goods. I think you guys are giving the newbie the impression that there are only 2 appliance stores in this desert village.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 20, 2007
Hey u guys have been just great!!! Thanks.
chinku
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 20, 2007
oh more questions..

a. what is the delivery time like with places like 'Carrefour', for washing machines etc...

b. and do they deliver these items to your home address?
chinku
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 20, 2007
delivery time varies from next day upto 7 days, depending on availability. yes, they do deliver and install. if purchasing above certain value, it is free delivery.

if you buy goods from different brands but from the same place, expect delivery coming in multiple days since different brands is delivered by different companies with different timetable :) it can play havoc to your time table.
JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 25, 2007
I ordered a bed from carrefour[in MoE]. It came in 3 days :)

Why don't you consider classifieds? there are a lot of expats leaving that sell their stuff for REALLY cheap and it is generally new stuff.
Try this: http://www.emiratesvillage.com for Dubai and UAE Classifieds.
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum