Why Do Men Beat Their Wives???

Topic locked
Jan 11, 2007
bear wrote:it's how the lesser forms of the male gender express anger, distaste, or superiority.

I have no respect for anyone male or female that throws a punch intending to do harm and not out of self defense.

But I do have a question...

Why is it that women go on and on about equal rights for the genders, but when it comes to marital/relationship abuse the reply is always "Men have no right to hit women"?

As far as I see it, no one ever has the right to hit anyone. Men shouldn't hit women or other men, women should hit men or other women. Unless it is in self defence. believe me, if a woman came at me with a frying pan (it's just an example, I'm not placing a stereotype), I would try to get it away from her or subduing her first (as i would with a man attacking me with any weapon). But if i couldn't, I wouldn't give a second though about knocking her out. But then I've known some pretty tough women in my time, some very good fighters.

But Why do women cry out about equal rights, but then all they have to say about being attacked is "a MAN doesn't have the RIGHT to hit a WOMAN"?

If your going to go on about equal right (which belive it or not, I'm in favor of) shouldn't the argument have some continuity? Statements like the one I am questioning, set a double standard which is no better than whats going on now. And it's not the only one, the one about men always having to pay for dinner (Yes, women sometimes offer. As infrequent as it is, they still do. But men still hold this macho "I'm not a man if she pays" idiocy) is another one but thats for another post. :D

Beardude - you have made good point here..

My lady is always moaning at me to not leave the toilet seat up after i have taken a pee. I always say to her "you need it down, i need it up" we are both 'equally' capable of lifting or dropping the toilet seat :)

However...

I am over 6ft, I weigh about 200 pounds (i like my food a bit to much), i don't bruise easily and (i am ashamed to admit) used to enjoy a drunken punch up with other lads in my younger twenties.

My missus is 5ft 4, shes bruises easily, her bones are not as strong as mine and she is less physically strong - this is not an 'equal' footing.

For me to take her on in a fight - it would not be equal.

She is also my princess and i could not dream of hurting her - but thats off the point i am making.

She is a lot smarter then me (I hope she is not reading this) so when it came to study - we both had an equal chance to learn and do well. She exceeded and got her masters. I played around and could not be bothered to put a lot into to study so did not make much of the opportunity. But we both had an 'equal' chance.

I have probably gone off your point and misquoted now - if so apologies where there due.

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Feb 17, 2007
abdalrasheed wrote:Men beats wives / women regardless of thier religion. agreed that ration in muslims is higher.

Beating any one regardless of love is not good. if something bothers you or annoying you stay away from it.

I felt offended by your remark. What/who give you the right to make generic statement representing muslims like that? Do you have figures and statistic? Or do you base it from your personal sphere of observation which is limited to Pakistanis,Indians and Arab muslims while conveniently neglecting one big majority group of muslims that belong to the Malay archipelago (south east asia ..that is Malaysia,Indonesia,Brunei,Phillipines,Thailand and our neighbors.) Indonesia alone is known as the most populous Muslim nation in the world.

Your statement do not do justice to me who never laid my hands on my wife nor my siblings, nor my parents and their siblings and my grand parents and their siblings.

We too have marriage problems and broken marriages but one sided violence are not common in our culture and not tolerated by law or the families of the couples.

It boils down to EDUCATION and PATIENCE !
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Feb 17, 2007
Best is dont get married!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2007
guys who beat there wives are losers they too scared to fight a guy so they pick on a woman
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 17, 2007
because they got nothing better to do!! which is quite sad!!
tinkerbella
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 17, 2007
Galactico wrote:guys who beat there wives are losers they too scared to fight a guy so they pick on a woman

Not really, guys who beat up their wives also includes guys who likes to fight. In fact ..they fight everyone !.

I observe guys who resort to violence are normally at their wits end in a verbal or civilised argument..i.e when they think they are right but unable to argue it... coupled with temper and ego or alcohol... which roots from poor upbringing.

If you don't want your children to grow up beating their wife, don't beat your wife or any women (like your maid) in front of them! Duh!
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Feb 17, 2007
Galactico wrote:guys who beat there wives are losers they too scared to fight a guy so they pick on a woman

You are so right!!!!

They are big losers :!:
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 17, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:

You are so right!!!!

They are big losers :!:

I agree, but why is this being discussed and given so much attention on the Romance forum. It seems contradictory to say the least.
Siwash
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 18, 2007
DEADLY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

30 percent of female murder victims were killed by an intimate partner from 1976 to 2004.

3 percent of male murder victims were killed by an intimate partner in the same period.

SOURCE: US Bureau of Justice Statistics
Globetrotter
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 18, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:Beardude - you have made good point here..

My lady is always moaning at me to not leave the toilet seat up after i have taken a pee. I always say to her "you need it down, i need it up" we are both 'equally' capable of lifting or dropping the toilet seat :)

However...

I am over 6ft, I weigh about 200 pounds (i like my food a bit to much), i don't bruise easily and (i am ashamed to admit) used to enjoy a drunken punch up with other lads in my younger twenties.

My missus is 5ft 4, shes bruises easily, her bones are not as strong as mine and she is less physically strong - this is not an 'equal' footing.

For me to take her on in a fight - it would not be equal.

Granted, I know your situation. I am not unlike yourself in stature. My main reason for my previous post was playing the role of devil's advocate for the furtherance of the discussion. Not spewing my own beliefs. I have never raised a hand to a woman in anger. Quite frankly if I did, I would be more ashamed of myself than anyone could imagine.

jabbajabba wrote:She is a lot smarter then me

Don't worry mate, this most often the case. Myself included.

jabbajabba wrote:when it came to study - we both had an equal chance to learn and do well. She exceeded and got her masters. I played around and could not be bothered to put a lot into to study so did not make much of the opportunity. But we both had an 'equal' chance.

I understand that there are many things in this world that are "equal rights" . My main argument is that wife/woman beating by men is not something that falls into the category of equal rights. They are Civil rights disputes, and civil rights are under fire (so to speak) regardless of race, creed, or gender. Placing "beatings" into the category of "Equal rights" is a distraction from problems that actually fit the category.

Thanks for your reply, please feel free to call me down on anything you think I've overstepped a boundary on. I'm all for keeping discussion alive. :D
bear
Dubai chat master

Feb 18, 2007
Weak men beat their wives and poor woman accepts this.
Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 18, 2007
Deniz wrote:Weak man beats their wives and poor woman accepts this.

I can`t understand, why so many women stay with a man who hit them.

:roll:

Wake up!!!

Leave these deadbeats :!:
Tropic23

Feb 18, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:

Wake up!!!

Right.

Acording to 1 questionnaire searching, educational men beat their wife more than uneducated men. It s suprising!

If my hubby try to it ( it s not possible :)) i never look back and go on my way :p
Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 18, 2007
Deniz wrote:
Tropic23 wrote:

Wake up!!!

Right.

Acording to 1 questionnaire searching, educational men beat their wife more than uneducated men. It s suprising!

If my hubby try to it ( it s not possible :)) i never look back and go on my way :p

Ur Married??? :shock:
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2007
Unknown Devil wrote:
Deniz wrote:
Tropic23 wrote:

Wake up!!!

Right.

Ur Married??? :shock:

Why u so shocked?
Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 18, 2007
I think the thread-title is strange in itself...

I don't think you should call somebody that has to beat his wife to get respect a man in the first place.... Lowlife animal, maybe, but "man"?
mcbrite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 19, 2007
Deniz wrote:
Tropic23 wrote:

Wake up!!!

Right.

:thumbleft:
Tropic23

Feb 19, 2007
Deniz wrote:
Tropic23 wrote:

Wake up!!!

Right.

way to go sis 8)
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance