Iranian Men

Topic locked
Iranian men Dec 26, 2009
So a good friend of mine has started to become involved with an Iranian man. She's asked me what they're like (like if she were to start really dating him) and I was at a loss as I haven't met/known many. Can anyone give me some insight on what can expect?

I know it's an extremely stereotypical question to ask, but I really have no idea. Thanks!

smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Iranian men Dec 26, 2009
RUN !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I have known/met many! ;) ask your questions!

DD, what is your obsession with Iran? I noticed whenever the name of Iran comes you have to say sth, even if it s just a one word post, like RUN! :P :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Firstly does she share his religion? Islam? Bahai? Zoroastrian? I wouldn't start anything if religions are different. It leads to chaos even w/in the same religion eg. Baptist vs. Episcopalian or Sunni vs. Shiite.

Iran men at least in the US are often physically attractive, educated, well-dressed, and at times funny but overall from a WASP American background the culture is too different. If compromising on religion (in the event of children), eating habits, family traditions, or joking around and sarcasm doesn't mean much to her then go for it.

yes, I said joking around and sarcasm. It's hard to explain but when I'm around someone closer to my culture and upbringing I feel the other person can understand my jokes, sarcasm, comments, etc. I'm not at a big risk of insulting or hurting one's feelings. Example if an Iranian guy tries to sell me satellite dishes, I may say I'm not interested in china. He'll tell me he's Iranian. I'll say but "you said, dish, so you were talking about china, right?" This Iranian guy would be so confused and ask what china has to do with satellite dishes. I'll then say "I'm not interested in buying plates but I still like china." He just won't get the china reference. That is why one needs to consider humor and sarcasm when dating other cultures.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Iranian men Dec 27, 2009
melika969 wrote:I have known/met many! ;) ask your questions!

DD, what is your obsession with Iran? I noticed whenever the name of Iran comes you have to say sth, even if it s just a one word post, like RUN! :P :lol:

No not really your only there when IRAN is mentioned so you think I only bother with Iran :wink:
desertdudeshj

If this Iranian guy likes the Flock of Seagulls song "I Ran," then he's okay.

I walked along the avenue.
I never thought I’d meet a girl like you;
Meet a girl like you.
With auburn hair and tawny eyes;
The kind of eyes that hypnotize me through;
Hypnotize me through.

And I ran, I ran so far away.
I just ran, I ran all night and day.
I couldn’t get away.

A cloud appears above your head;
A beam of light comes shining down on you,
Shining down on you.
The cloud is moving nearer still.
Aurora borealis comes in view;
Aurora comes in view.

I couldn’t get away.

Reached out a hand to touch your face;
You’re slowly disappearing from my view;
Disappearing from my view.
Reached out a hand to try again;
I’m floating in a beam of light with you;
A beam of light with you.

I couldn’t get away.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

desertdudeshj wrote:
melika969 wrote:I have known/met many! ;) ask your questions!

No not really your only there when IRAN is mentioned so you think I only bother with Iran :wink:

Oh yeah! I almost forgot, two things you bother about, trolls and Iran! ;)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Iranian men Dec 28, 2009
smokedawg wrote:So a good friend of mine has started to become involved with an Iranian man. She's asked me what they're like (like if she were to start really dating him) and I was at a loss as I haven't met/known many. Can anyone give me some insight on what can expect?

I know it's an extremely stereotypical question to ask, but I really have no idea. Thanks!

Ahh well hope ur friend does not mind sharing her makeup...and hope she does not suffer from any complex as rest assured her Irani counterpart will wear pants and shirts tighter than she would wear her cloths. Irani men are known for their fashion sense which includes spruced up hair (possibly with extensions) tight cloths as well as a fondness for pink . Hope this helps :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:
Ahh well hope ur friend does not mind sharing her makeup...and hope she does not suffer from any complex as rest assured her Irani counterpart will wear pants and shirts tighter than she would wear her cloths. Irani men are known for their fashion sense which includes spruced up hair (possibly with extensions) tight cloths as well as a fondness for pink . Hope this helps :D

Well well my friend! you are getting yourself in a big big trouble here!!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Yeah have to agree with MCL on that. Even guys working at tyre change shops or fake auto spring shops in shj ( 99.9% always owned by Iranians ), sit all spruced up in their grease filled thight jeans and pink shirts sprouting fake mohawks.

Never seen anyone who likes to work on cars in their sunday best.

Also just this saturday got man handled by a group of Iranian tourist while watching the dubai fountains :shock: . Me and my friend were on the corner railing at souk al bahar and this crowd of Obnoxious Iranians comes by and start squeezing in trying to get pictures !

I think those dudes been in Iran too long and don't realise such male to male contact is well ..kinda gay and extremely rude! And not to mentioned all their loud " kha " " khoubay "'s and other jibbersih which the entire mall of dubai could hear !!! :x I really wanted to knock some teeth out but our families were with us as well as theirs.

P.S : Mohawks and pink shirts were spotted again this time aswell :?
desertdudeshj

Lol! That is so not true! Pink shirt and tight jeans is so not my people type! My people have been known of being fancy and classy (except for the current president!)

Oh DD, you have been annoyed by their friendly manner!? Yeah I forgot that you originated from downtown in L.A. so you are not familiar with rich eastern culture! :roll:

I don’t know what did u mean by “kha”?! But the other one is “khoobi” not “khoubay”!! Honestly you always sound so jealous of Persian! Why?! :P
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I think rubbing your ass with a strangers ass is gay by any measure, save from the weirdos came from.

Oh BTW I couldn't give two shakes abouts iranian pronouciation. As for jealous, ah I don't think so. You guys are more than welcomed to your rice and kebabs :wink:
desertdudeshj

and the best is when they try to speak urdu :D its like listening to a bangladeshi and a nepali.

i once had to change my tire and the guy went " bhaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiii, mannngtaaa haiiiiiiii to feeeet karaaye gha" and I had to crack myself :D

mind u i likes irani women/girls although when they start talking in farsi its like watching a movie in real fast forward mode :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Iranian men Dec 29, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:I think rubbing your peach with a strangers peach is gay by any measure, save from the weirdos came from.

Ahh I'm sure no Iranian guy rubbed their "peach" against yours DD! Stop your gay imaginations about my people please! it is kind of sick! :mrgreen:

desertdudeshj wrote: As for jealous, ah I don't think so. You guys are more than welcomed to your rice and kebabs :wink:

Of course we are most welcome! having rice and kebabs needs some merit, you should deserve it then you can have it! Seems like you are not blessed with this merit though! :| :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Ahh well hope ur friend does not mind sharing her makeup...and hope she does not suffer from any complex as rest assured her Irani counterpart will wear pants and shirts tighter than she would wear her cloths. Irani men are known for their fashion sense which includes spruced up hair (possibly with extensions) tight cloths as well as a fondness for pink . Hope this helps :D[/quote]

grownin up in the states, DC area where there's a large Iranian population i can attest to the same dress, expect instead of pink they wear 1 size too small armani exchange shirts with the AX all over them in logos. and drive leased bmw 3 series or most of the ones i saw on campus.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Thanks to all for the replies. But as mentioned before, she is a good friend of mine and my question was more along the lines of
Is he going to be a good boyfriend or screw her over? Is he gonna beat the sh*t outta her one days after wooing her for months? What are the tendencies?
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

That my friend has nothing to do with nationality, race, creed or religon. No one can say how one is going to be like down the line. If we could,wouldn't every one pick the perfect partners ?
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance