Gulf News Name & Shame

Topic locked
Gulf News Name & Shame Dec 22, 2006
Have you seen this mornings Gulf News, page 7.

They show photographs of 5 vehicles committing offences, you should check out these numbers on the Dubai Police Web Site, they score as follows;

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/englis ... sp?num=SRV

7 Offences - F 91032 - Dhs. 1300/-
6 Offences - F 61124 - Dhs. 1500/- (In only 2 months)
5 Offences - A/D 21004 - Dhs. 900/-
2 Offences - H 21196 - Dhs. 400/-
1 Offence - D 46252 - Dhs. 500/-

What will happen when the leader of the pack goes in to re-register his vehicle???

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 22, 2006
wastaa?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 22, 2006
What is going on with traffic fines? I would say I am a consistant and careful driver, but I was shocked to find I have AED 1300 in fines in the last 6 months, compared to nothing at all last year and AED 200 the year before.
And, no Sage, you're not having my plate number so you can check me out :evil:
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 22, 2006
Since I got my license, the only fine I got was Dhs 150 in Sharjah, for according to vague translation, "destroying public beauty". Dirty car maybe? I don't even remember being in Sharjah that day, but I paid those losers anyway. What can I prove?

It is easy to dodge cameras and cops.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 22, 2006
sauron wrote:What is going on with traffic fines? I would say I am a consistant and careful driver, but I was shocked to find I have AED 1300 in fines in the last 6 months, compared to nothing at all last year and AED 200 the year before.
And, no Sage, you're not having my plate number so you can check me out :evil:

Must be F91032 :twisted:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 22, 2006
gtmash wrote:Since I got my license, the only fine I got was Dhs 150 in Sharjah, for according to vague translation, "destroying public beauty". Dirty car maybe? I don't even remember being in Sharjah that day, but I paid those losers anyway. What can I prove?

It is easy to dodge cameras and cops.

yeah, all of mine bar one are Sharjah. It's obviously a conspiracy. Either that or I have an alter ego who drives an F plated car :wink:
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 22, 2006
dont understand wots da point of name & shame. lol ppl got so much money here they dont care about the fines they will just pay it happily cos 500dhs its peanuts to those driving Range Rover Sports 888 Ajman number especially ;)

dis name & shame is n it invites ppl to drive more recklessly cos hey if they are lucky they will get a pic of themselves in the newspaper in da headlines :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 22, 2006
Well this is the problem, people rack up fines and just pay them when they go to re-register their car. What they need is a proper points system, for every fine you get points on your licence, exceed 12 and you lose your licence. That's the only way people will learn.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 22, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well this is the problem, people rack up fines and just pay them when they go to re-register their car. What they need is a proper points system, for every fine you get points on your licence, exceed 12 and you lose your licence. That's the only way people will learn.

ok read in da newspaper that sheikh Mohammed has allowed da police to chase these wreckless drivers. which is a good thing n a bad thing. bad thing is if u drive wrecklessly on shj - dubai road n u driving towards shj n they chase u. u get into shj wot happens then does the shj police take over :D lol if thats the case i think someone should let da shj police know half n hour before about da chase :D

points is a good idea but then again ppl will use something called WASta. see wasta is the thing thats degrading this country. if u get rid of WASTa then everything will be fine.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 22, 2006
rudeboy wrote:dont understand wots da point of name & shame. lol ppl got so much money here they dont care about the fines they will just pay it happily cos 500dhs its peanuts to those driving Range Rover Sports 888 Ajman number especially ;)

dis name & shame is n it invites ppl to drive more recklessly cos hey if they are lucky they will get a pic of themselves in the newspaper in da headlines :D

hahaha, 888 ajman number means nothing. the only 1-4 digit number plates that mean anything are the ones from dubai or abu dhabi...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 22, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
rudeboy wrote:dont understand wots da point of name & shame. lol ppl got so much money here they dont care about the fines they will just pay it happily cos 500dhs its peanuts to those driving Range Rover Sports 888 Ajman number especially ;)

hahaha, 888 ajman number means nothing. the only 1-4 digit number plates that mean anything are the ones from dubai or abu dhabi...

Its not 888 its Ajman 666B and to date this guy has Dhs12,400/- going as far back as 2001, which means that he can not have re-registered this number since then???? Or maybe as said before..... Wasta
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 22, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

Its not 888 its Ajman 666B and to date this guy has Dhs12,400/- going as far back as 2001, which means that he can not have re-registered this number since then???? Or maybe as said before..... Wasta

still doesnt mean anything....even if the guy's number was 1 he could still be the poorest person in that emirate...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 22, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

still doesnt mean anything....even if the guy's number was 1 he could still be the poorest person in that emirate...

I don't think the point is whether he/she is rich or poor, the point is how is he/she getting away with this???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 22, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

I don't think the point is whether he/she is rich or poor, the point is how is he/she getting away with this???

oh thats easy to get around.

but how come i cant use the dubai police to check the fines? the plate code isn't showing any letters/numbers for me to choose from :(
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 22, 2006
what the hell is wastaa?
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 22, 2006
rvp_legend wrote:what the hell is wastaa?

How long have you been here, newbie? :D
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 24, 2006
gtmash wrote:
rvp_legend wrote:what the hell is wastaa?

How long have you been here, newbie? :D

Influence

*looks like i've been here long enough* :)
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 24, 2006
Are you serious? How long you been here? :shock:
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 24, 2006
sauron wrote:Are you serious? How long you been here? :shock:

How long have you been here??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 24, 2006
but why would they advertise somebody's fines on the news? i think that thing shouldnt be advertised dudes..
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 24, 2006
dude, rvp_legend

wastaa is an arabic word meaning "helping hand" or called "connections". Just like anywhere else in this world, people do each other favors to make things run faster ;)

they should put this word in a dictionary online or something :D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 24, 2006
Bleakus wrote:but why would they advertise somebody's fines on the news? i think that thing shouldnt be advertised dudes..

It's not the fines that they are showing, it is the offence, red light / speeding etc.

The details of fines are available on the Dubai Police Website providing you have the registration number.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 24, 2006
oh you mean like the wanted people? I dont watch tv much but do you guys see the accident reports which are shown on tv. Pretty crazy huh?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 24, 2006
Bleakus wrote:oh you mean like the wanted people? I dont watch tv much but do you guys see the accident reports which are shown on tv. Pretty crazy huh?

I don't watch that on TV, but I can imagine, as I am out on the rodas every day :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 24, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

Long enough to have LOOOOOOOOOOTS of wastaa................so watch out.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 24, 2006
sauron wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Reallyyyyyyyyyyy :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 24, 2006
everytime you use wastaa, a child plants a flower ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 24, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
sauron wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Reallyyyyyyyyyyy :lol:

Yaaaaaaaaaa .....Maybe I'm gonna call Don Ish for a favour. Maybe he's gonna make you an offer you can't refuse. Maybe you shouldn't look in your bed tonight........................that aint no hot water bottle baby. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

P.S. Merry Xmas!
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 24, 2006
Bleakus wrote:everytime you use wastaa, a child plants a flower ;)

Interesting concept, I'll go for that :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat