Nice Guys Finish First -article In 7 Days

Topic locked
nice guys finish first -article in 7 days Oct 22, 2006
just read an article in the papers today...nice guys finish first...and guess what the response from the girls in dubai was...nah!!...bullcrap...nice guys finish up as friends...hahahahaha....telling it like it is....made me laugh out...""also that nice guys always end up in the friends list...and girls like a guy with complexity and emotionally unavailable...who would want to be getting thier way all the time...""....what a far cry from my parents generation...i guess being a bad boy is the oder of the day.... :wink: :wink:

constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 22, 2006
it aint true bad boy! :lol:
zam

Oct 22, 2006
It ain't true..the writer needs more research.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 22, 2006
Well girls, I hate to say it, but I think they do. Whether you like to admit it or not, women seem to like guys that have a little bit of asshole in them as opposed to ones who don't.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 22, 2006
Well I partly agree that being 'too nice' can be boring eventually. The 'not too nice' men - I find them more attractive than those who are always prim and proper.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
**double post**
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
***triple post***
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
weary_heart wrote:Well I partly agree that being 'too nice' can be boring eventually. The 'not too nice' men - I find them more attractive that those who are always prim and proper.

You really must agree as you said it 3 times!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 22, 2006
Concord wrote:
weary_heart wrote:Well I partly agree that being 'too nice' can be boring eventually. The 'not too nice' men - I find them more attractive that those who are always prim and proper.

You really must agree as you said it 3 times!

Oh no sorry - I meant to post it just once...
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
Usually good guys are on the sidelines, they are "there" when the girl needs emotional support, they are "there" in good and bad times, They are "there" as a friend, but yea a guy needs to have some maverick tendencies to be more than"there".

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 22, 2006
zam wrote:it aint true bad boy! :lol:

baaad to the bone!! :P ...and zam thanks for "mercy" :wink:
constantine

Oct 22, 2006
well.i think good guys are nice...
bad boys are jus realii thirlling ..
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 22, 2006
double post...ooops :oops:
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 22, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol:
zam

Oct 22, 2006
Well, my hubby is a "nice guy" who still managed to find love and marriage. Nice guys don't always finish last. Maybe nice guys who lack self-confidence and can't tell a woman he likes her will finish last.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 22, 2006
common you all know u want a alittle bit of Thug in u life.

the late great one said..

"I'd rather be ya N-I-G-G-A
So we can get drunk and smoke weed all day
It don't matter if you lonely baby, you need a THUG in your life
Cause them emotionally mushy guy's ain't lovin you right "

remix version ...

all of yall women desire that spankin .. that hardcore gangsta loving..
you all love to have that little bit of drama in ur lives... to just to add to
the hormonal excitment level of thang's
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 22, 2006
well this is coming from the woman...about them not really liking nice guys...right from the source...or perhaps its dubai...maybe it brings out the beast...i guess a life of luxuary /fast/instant gratification...who would really have the time to build a relationship...knowing full well they might not be here for a long time...so invest for what reason...take your pleasures where you can get em and move on...actually havent met anyone (unless they have been seeing each other before they came here/or are married)...who has a lasting relationship here...too many casualties too little success stories...having said that...its a fast catching phenomenon all around asia too...it aint what it used to be...good or bad...only time will tell...
constantine

Oct 22, 2006
very simple. at the end of the day, we r not that different from animals. we like to hunt and be hunted.
aaand Sade Marqui was not only letting his libido talk for him...if we observe our everyday life, almost on daily basis we do smthing against ourselves. not conscious? many times no, but whenever we let smbody sucker us, we damn well know it and even "enjoy" the caused pain.
raidah

Oct 22, 2006
raidah wrote: we like to hunt and be hunted.

respect to that...

since a hunter doesnt step to another hunter's prey...
let me know when there aint no hunter around .. so i could come through an snipe u :) i dont miss
:wink:
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 22, 2006
being the hunter is cool....getting hunted is makes it worth while ;)
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 22, 2006
constantine wrote:well this is coming from the woman...about them not really liking nice guys...right from the source...or perhaps its dubai...maybe it brings out the beast...i guess a life of luxuary /fast/instant gratification...who would really have the time to build a relationship...knowing full well they might not be here for a long time...so invest for what reason...take your pleasures where you can get em and move on...actually havent met anyone (unless they have been seeing each other before they came here/or are married)...who has a lasting relationship here...too many casualties too little success stories...having said that...its a fast catching phenomenon all around asia too...it aint what it used to be...good or bad...only time will tell...

well its not about bad boys its about bad boy-friends
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 23, 2006
I used to be all about the bad boy....and there defnetely IS something thrilling about bad boys...but it can only last so long. Its fun for the flirting, the first get togethers and dates...but when you are looking for a guy to settle in with...those bad boys who once seemed so fun become bad boy friends like Corcovado said. And that isn't fun anymore!

Further, I think nice people (regardless of gender) do finish last, but in the short term race if you know what I mean. Nicer people are much more likely to be used, lied to, get walked all over, and taken advantage of. So in the short term they lose, but in the long run, I am a firm believer that karma will come around and they will win in the end. Just my two cents :)
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 23, 2006
good guys only, here pls!
easternjewel

Oct 23, 2006
you know what kind of guy finishes first here...

the rich ones

but yall already knew that :wink:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 23, 2006
You can still be nice and not get walked on. It is all about being assertive when necessary.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 23, 2006
I personally think it's important to specify what we mean by "nice guys" in the saying "nice guys finish last".

In my experience, the guys that finished last were simply the ones that were wusses, who are easily manipulated, dominated by the women they try to go out with. As some posters mentioned here, it IS a turn-off. Heck this even applies for women in my opinion! I hardly find anything attractive in a girl that can't take a lil sarcasm, that can't provide a lil challenge when I tease her, when I try to take control of the relationship.

The term "nice" is just too general to be used IMO. Heck what chick would be turned on by a guy who disrespects her, cheats on her and treat her like crap?? So yeah you like "bad boys". but I think it's important to be more specific so that the clueless ppl here don't go around being jackasses with chicks from now on! :lol:
Nick81

Oct 23, 2006
I totally agree Nick.

I think that some people assume that nice guys are the ones who just give 100% to the woman and let themselves get walked on. That isn't a good definition at all. Any man or woman who doesn't respect his/her own wishes and limits when nurturing a relationship is not "nice", he/she is "foolish". A good guy is one who is respectful, non-manipulative, gives and takes, and honestly enjoys a committed relationship. Good guys actually like women and don't have a bitter attitude towards them.

A bad guy is someone who plays hard to get, is selfish, gives off a macho attitude, toys around with the woman's emotions, and is usually not ready to commit. Many bad guys act the way they do because they have issues with women and want to dominate and treat them like crap in order to maintain control and somehow give a barrier to getting their hearts broken. These guys should sort themselves out before trying to date women. Some women see bad boys as a challenge and want to tame the beast so to speak. I think that women who are attracted to guys who basically treat them like shit are in the "foolish" category as well.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 24, 2006
An "easily manipulated" guy is not entirely a bad thing I think... some guys enjoy being manipulated.

anywaaay

Nice guys are cool.
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 24, 2006
I'm a good guy (well, that's what I like to think anyway), but in my vast experience, the majority of women always say they want a good guy, but when it comes down to it, they are really looking for a bad boy and then try to change them!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 24, 2006
Corcovado wrote:well its not about bad boys its about bad boy-friends

if only it were that simple the world would be singing kumbayah! :lol:
constantine

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance