Jeep Wrangler

Topic locked
Jeep Wrangler Oct 17, 2006
Hi hi I haven't seen much of the Jeep Wrangler here. Is it not popular? Anyone knows how much it cost to get one?

Secondly, what is a good solid car that would survive the summer here - not too flashy stuff please. Can IS2000 survive the heat?

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 17, 2006
Where have u been hiding???? They are everywhere!!!!!

All cars survie the heat even better if they are upto the GCC specs!!!

Cant say the same about the aircon....... :lol:
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 17, 2006
devilsdiciple wrote:Where have u been hiding???? They are everywhere!!!!!

Right, I haven't been around much. So let me rephrase my question, which car has a reliable air con system :) - which is a big thing for me :)
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 18, 2006
Whats ur budget??

But the toyota Aircon is good....Even on their lower seg cars
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 18, 2006
devilsdiciple wrote:Whats ur budget??

How about the aircon for the Wrangler? Reliable?

Actually I am not sure about the budget. I heard you can get a 100% loan so monthly installment can be very affordable. If this true? If so, say AED 90,000 car 100% loan, how much is my monthly payment? What is the interest rate?
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 18, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:
devilsdiciple wrote:Whats ur budget??

How about the aircon for the Wrangler? Reliable?

Actually I am not sure about the budget. I heard you can get a 100% loan so monthly installment can be very affordable. If this true? If so, say AED 90,000 car 100% loan, how much is my monthly payment? What is the interest rate?

Yes you can get a loan for 100% of the amt....Interest rates vary depending upon if you are buying a new ( % 3.75) or used (%4.75) and the number of years 1,2,3,4...

Ur emi will be based on it and would vary anything from approx 2700PM/3yrs for a new car up....
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 18, 2006
One thing though, I'm not sure you can get a lone if you haven't been working in the UAE for at least 3 months, I could be wrong and I'm sure each bank has different rules.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 19, 2006
fayz wrote:One thing though, I'm not sure you can get a lone if you haven't been working in the UAE for at least 3 months, I could be wrong and I'm sure each bank has different rules.

Aiks! Thats no good.....:(
Which bank is good to approach?
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 19, 2006
I'm buying a Jeep Wrangler Sport (Auto) Hard/Soft top when I come back to Dubai

Its AED 65000. If you get it on Loan, you'll pay interest.

If you have a no interest Credit card, you could take it on that and pay it off in a year. Atleast thats what I'm doing :)

When I got my job in Dubai, I rented a car for AED 1000 a month for 3 months. You could do that too..
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 19, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:I'm buying a Jeep Wrangler Sport (Auto) Hard/Soft top when I come back to Dubai

If you have a no interest Credit card, you could take it on that and pay it off in a year. Atleast thats what I'm doing :)

When I got my job in Dubai, I rented a car for AED 1000 a month for 3 months. You could do that too..

Your credit card has a Dhs 65,000 limit?

By the way, the penalty for not paying up loans on time is jail time around here.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 20, 2006
gtmash wrote:
nosoup4u wrote:I'm buying a Jeep Wrangler Sport (Auto) Hard/Soft top when I come back to Dubai

Your credit card has a Dhs 65,000 limit?

By the way, the penalty for not paying up loans on time is jail time around here.

If you're living in the middle east for a while, everyone knows that.

My credit card has a AED 100K limit. Its not a Dubai bank by the way :)
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 20, 2006

Wrangler Sport for only 65k?? I saw on the ad and it ranges from 60-90k. Assuming you are somewhere on the higher end you would be looking at close to 90k, no? Yours new or second hand?
I am been researching and although I like the tough look on Wrangler they don't run fast, which I understand can be pain in the you know where. Maybe an alternative the X3?? Any comment?

Hmmm where can you rent car for 1k? What car is it? Many thanks.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 20, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:

Wrangler Sport for only 65k?? I saw on the ad and it ranges from 60-90k. Assuming you are somewhere on the higher end you would be looking at close to 90k, no? Yours new or second hand?
I am been researching and although I like the tough look on Wrangler they don't run fast, which I understand can be pain in the you know where. Maybe an alternative the X3?? Any comment?

The Wrangler could be going cheap now because it is going to be replaced in a few months. The BMW X3 is much more expensive.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 20, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:
devilsdiciple wrote:Where have u been hiding???? They are everywhere!!!!!

Right, I haven't been around much. So let me rephrase my question, which car has a reliable air con system :) - which is a big thing for me :)

BabyDoll Japanese cars have the BEST AC and they are so Bloody cold and trust me if u buy a japanese car u ll end up switching the AC off after 5 minutes. I can japanese cars have the BEST AC cos i have a civic and a nissan patrol my ac hasnt been modified or anything. Just the odd gas filling now and then apart from that the ac hasnt been touched. Just go to any japanese cars dealers in Dubai like Honda, Toyota, Lexus and others have a sit turn the ac on and u ll see wot i m talking about....
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 21, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:

Rent a car. Look at the gulf news classifieds. You have to rent a car for a minimum of 30 days and in some rental agencies like Diamond Lease, for 60 days. You can bargain and get an Auto Mitsu Lancer or Echo for AED 1000/month with Insurance.

I think its a good idea to do that the first 3 months if you're new to the UAE and have a new job since no one will give you a car unless you have atleast 3 months of work history.

I got the Sahara Sport, Auto 2006, Brand new, with hard and soft top, CD Player, AC is incredible, full warranty, plus my first 5 services FREE and a free gift, free insurance and free regsitration.

I paid a total of around AED 65700.

The X3 is much more expensive. Plus when you go to sell the car after 3-4 years, the Sahara will sell more easily than the X3.

The only difference between the 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and 2007 will be a little bit of a face lift and that the 2007 will also come in a 4 door model. The signal lights will be placed different, the fenders have a little more curve to them, the doors are a little bigger.

The 2007 Rubicon is amazing and so is the 4 door 2007 Sahara Unlimited.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 21, 2006
Air conditioning systems in American and European cars are notoriously bad in the UAE.

The top air conditioned cars from my experience are Toyota's and Lexus, or pretty much any Asian made car.

The wrangler I’ve heard has severe trouble with air conditioning, even on the fresh out of the showroom models.

And to answer your original question, wranglers are seen as something of a "high end" car. They are good for the price. However, will cost you an arm and a leg in repairs, maintenance, spare parts and are not the most reliable cars you can get. I’ve also heard that the gear box is not quite right. Haven’t met anyone yet that hasn’t had gearbox trouble on one (this could be due to the fact that I’ve also never met anyone that knows how to use a clutch properly).

They still are a hell of a lot of fun to throw around dunes though.
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 21, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:The only difference between the 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and 2007 will be a little bit of a face lift and that the 2007 will also come in a 4 door model. The signal lights will be placed different, the fenders have a little more curve to them, the doors are a little bigger.

You should read up on the 2007 Wrangler. It is a completely different vehicle.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 21, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

Rent a car. Look at the gulf news classifieds. You have to rent a car for a minimum of 30 days and in some rental agencies like Diamond Lease, for 60 days. You can bargain and get an Auto Mitsu Lancer or Echo for AED 1000/month with Insurance.

I think its a good idea to do that the first 3 months if you're new to the UAE and have a new job since no one will give you a car unless you have atleast 3 months of work history.

I got the Sahara Sport, Auto 2006, Brand new, with hard and soft top, CD Player, AC is incredible, full warranty, plus my first 5 services FREE and a free gift, free insurance and free regsitration.

The X3 is much more expensive. Plus when you go to sell the car after 3-4 years, the Sahara will sell more easily than the X3.

The only difference between the 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and 2007 will be a little bit of a face lift and that the 2007 will also come in a 4 door model. The signal lights will be placed different, the fenders have a little more curve to them, the doors are a little bigger.

Would you know the price indication for the 2007 model. I saw the pictures with the 4-doors, looks cool!! Anyone seen a Hummer here????
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 21, 2006
bear wrote:Air conditioning systems in American and European cars are notoriously bad in the UAE.

The top air conditioned cars from my experience are Toyota's and Lexus, or pretty much any Asian made car.

The wrangler I’ve heard has severe trouble with air conditioning, even on the fresh out of the showroom models.

And to answer your original question, wranglers are seen as something of a "high end" car. They are good for the price. However, will cost you an arm and a leg in repairs, maintenance, spare parts and are not the most reliable cars you can get. I’ve also heard that the gear box is not quite right. Haven’t met anyone yet that hasn’t had gearbox trouble on one (this could be due to the fact that I’ve also never met anyone that knows how to use a clutch properly).

Hmmm sucked doesn't it. I even heard the beammers have problems.
I have no problem with Japanese cars, in fact the lexus are cool, but they are not as sturdy as the american nor european cars ie it is easier to total a japanese car in Dubai (correct me if I am wrong)

With the gearbox problem you mentioned above, I supposed it is more eminent if it is manual car. Auto should be fine???
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 21, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:
bear wrote:Air conditioning systems in American and European cars are notoriously bad in the UAE.

I have no problem with Japanese cars, in fact the lexus are cool, but they are not as sturdy as the american nor european cars ie it is easier to total a japanese car in Dubai (correct me if I am wrong)

With the gearbox problem you mentioned above, I supposed it is more eminent if it is manual car. Auto should be fine???

The Wrangler used to have Air Conditioning problems. 2006 and after models are much better. Although I had a 2003 Wrangler and never had any problems. Sold it to get the new one.

Also you're right. Japanese cars are not as strong. You could go for the Volvo S40 which is a real pleasure to drive, is strong, great handling and A/C is amazing.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 21, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:
nosoup4u wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

Would you know the price indication for the 2007 model. I saw the pictures with the 4-doors, looks cool!! Anyone seen a Hummer here????

I have a Hummer H3 and I love it. My dad has the Hummer H2 which honestly is a shitty car. The 8 Cyl Hummer is just too big and drinks petrol like its water.

For Prices and Review on the 2007 Wrangler, check out

http://www.newcartestdrive.com/sneakpre ... viewID=105

Just remember, it will be more expensive in the UAE.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 21, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:I have no problem with Japanese cars, in fact the lexus are cool, but they are not as sturdy as the american nor european cars

I'd have to say your way off the mark with this one, I used to drive american, but i've only felt safe in japanese.

BabyDoll wrote:With the gearbox problem you mentioned above, I supposed it is more eminent if it is manual car. Auto should be fine???

Why would anyone want an automatic wrangler???????!!!!!
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 21, 2006
Whats wrong with an Automatic Wrangler?

Manual's a pain in traffic. Stop and go, stop and go traffic.

I drive my manual Beamer on the weekends. Otherwise, I drive automatic on working days.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 21, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:Whats wrong with an Automatic Wrangler?

It just doesn't seem right...
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 21, 2006
bear wrote:

lol, true. But who's gonna know. Besides the driver and the passenger/s. :P
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 21, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

The Wrangler used to have Air Conditioning problems. 2006 and after models are much better. Although I had a 2003 Wrangler and never had any problems. Sold it to get the new one.

Also you're right. Japanese cars are not as strong. You could go for the Volvo S40 which is a real pleasure to drive, is strong, great handling and A/C is amazing.

How did you read my mind, was considering S40 too! But it pricey !! :wink:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 21, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:
bear wrote:

lol, true. But who's gonna know. Besides the driver and the passenger/s. :P

Agree with you both. Much prefer manual gear however a car is a mode of transportation from work to house, at the moment - priority is to be safe and A/C needs to be great! ... wait till I strike it rich, I may then consider getting a sports, saloon, 4x4 all at once !! 8) ......dreaming mode......
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 21, 2006
I got a year to go till I get my dream car. I already have 3 now.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 17, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:I got a year to go till I get my dream car. I already have 3 now.

Maybe you should start considering selling one of your cars to me. I don't want to pay rental !!!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Dec 17, 2006
There is one on the dubizzle classified right now;

http://www.dubizzle.com/Categories/duba ... textfield=
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto