Advice Required On Contract

Topic locked
Advice required on Contract Oct 09, 2006
Hi ....
can someone please assist. I have been offered a Post in DUBAI... A recuritment company sourced me. My Question is it better to be contracted directly to the company you will be working for or the recruitment agent? From what it seems like i will be working for the agent and they will pay my salary? What if at a later stage i would like to apply for a post at the company? Will this affect me in any way?

thanks!

larre
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 09, 2006
a recruitment agency hiring you to work for some company? are you talking about outsourced employment? i know a few people who work for a bank but are not directly on the banks visa. they come on a visa of the agency who sources them to the bank. Is it something of this kind you are talking about?

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

yes Oct 09, 2006
Yep... like that....

Is there a problem with that?
larre
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 09, 2006
according to the new regulation it is not a problem !!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

new regulation Oct 09, 2006
thanks for the info..
what new regulation? please can you give me more info. Also if the contract is only for 6 months does that make a diff? i read somewhere if you work for less then a year you cant move to another company.. and you are banned for 6 months?
larre
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 09, 2006
larre its simple, just get your visa sponsored by the company you are contracting for and not the contracting firm. This way if you decide to switch to be employed with them there wont be a hassle of paperwork to deal with.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: new regulation Oct 09, 2006
larre wrote:thanks for the info..
what new regulation? please can you give me more info. Also if the contract is only for 6 months does that make a diff? i read somewhere if you work for less then a year you cant move to another company.. and you are banned for 6 months?

quiet true you would be banned.

however if you are working as a contractor under an agency, you would be banned under the contractors visa, and not the company you are contracted to. you could possibly come to some kind of arrangement with the contracting agent to simply reassign you (if this happens within the first year of employment) to your new employer.

once you have then worked out a full year under the agencies sponsorship, you could find another employer - you would still be banned under the current law (for 6 months), but can have the ban overturned if you pay the department of labour about 5k (AED).

this i must point out is the current legislation, things change contunually, so what is in effect now, may not be the same as what is effected in a years time!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

thanks Oct 09, 2006
thanks for the info guys!
larre
Dubai Forums Member

Re: new regulation Oct 09, 2006
once you have then worked out a full year under the agencies sponsorship, you could find another employer - you would still be banned under the current law (for 6 months), but can have the ban overturned if you pay the department of labour about 5k (AED)

but i heard that the ban will still applies even after you pay a AED 5k. However, this ban is not applicable if the company operates in the Free Zone.
bubble world
Dubai Forums Member

Re: new regulation Oct 14, 2006
bubble world wrote:
once you have then worked out a full year under the agencies sponsorship, you could find another employer - you would still be banned under the current law (for 6 months), but can have the ban overturned if you pay the department of labour about 5k (AED)

but i heard that the ban will still applies even after you pay a AED 5k. However, this ban is not applicable if the company operates in the Free Zone.

well if the ban applied after you paid, what would the point be of paying.
the labour ban exists in two forms, one is a stemp in your passport on the residency visa page, the other is a "bar" placed in the labour department computer system prohibiting an applciation for a labour card for you untilt he ban is up. paying the money has the computer bar lifted so that your paperwork can be processed. you must however have a formal offer of employemet, by a registered employer to have be able to pay the money and have the bar lifted.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum