Need Some Advice Regarding Rent Contract

Topic locked
Need some advice regarding rent contract May 04, 2008
I am not sure if this is the right forum to post my query but I did a search with few key words with no matches. So, here I am ............

I recently moved into a new accommodation in Dubai (on Mar 24th). Few days after having moved in, I realized that there was sand dust that was getting inside the house through the living room's balcony door and bed room windows. Needless to say that there is a whole stretch of arid land and the wind gets the dust from there.

Initially, I was meticulously sweeping the floors myself every alternate day and then I got curtains with thick lining stitched. The situation has got no better. It is just not possible to walk inside the house bare foot. I sweep the floor in the morning and towards evening, there is a layer of dust that would have got settled on the floor that can be seen from an angle.

I was telling myself that I have no choice and have to manage for an year in this place. But, its getting too much and I feel that I should act.

I would like to know if this can be a reason to break the tenancy contract with the landlord? Also, I have paid the money upfront in one single cheque. No, I am not that rich but my company helped me with this amount and I have to repay them every month in 12 EMIs.

Will I get the remaining money back if I terminate the contract?

How do I approach this?

Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated.

Thanx.

dubaijourney
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 04, 2008
Why you don't you approch the landlord to fix the problem, as clearly the seals around your windows and doors are not very good.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum