When Teaching Religious Diversity Goes Wrong

Topic locked
When teaching religious diversity goes wrong Feb 22, 2011
No EDL members were within a mile of this attack.

The loons will be baffled on how to blame this attack on someone/something besides the attackers.

Four men launched a horrific attack on a teacher in which they slashed his face and left him with a fractured skull because they did not approve of him teaching religion to Muslim girls.

Akmol Hussein, 26, Sheikh Rashid, 27, Azad Hussain, 25, and Simon Alam, 19, attacked Gary Smith with a Stanley knife, an iron rod and a block of cement.

Mr Smith, who is head of religious education at Central Foundation Girls' School in Bow, east London, also suffered a fractured skull.

The four now face a jail sentence.

Detectives made secret recordings of the gang's plot to attack Mr Smith prior to the brutal assault.

The covert audio probe captured the gang condemning Mr Smith for 'teaching other religions to our sisters', the court heard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... girls.html

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: When teaching religious diversity goes wrong Feb 22, 2011
Of course there is no one to blame but the attackers. Religious Education in UK schools is the teaching of awareness of ALL religions - not just one or a select few!

Sick, cowardly, morons - I hope the law bangs em up for a very long time.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: When Teaching Religious Diversity Goes Wrong Feb 22, 2011
Anybody find it strange detectives had prior knowledge of the attack and yet did nothing to stop it
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Anybody find it strange detectives had prior knowledge of the attack and yet did nothing to stop it

Actually yes! Very odd indeed.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

That would be very sad if it were actually true, they would rather see a man beat up badly to confirm a conviction rather than to make a preventive arrest.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:That would be very sad if it were actually true, they would rather see a man beat up badly to confirm a conviction rather than to make a preventive arrest.

Yes it would. However, taking the alternative perspective there's little they could do with just a suspicion for an attack. Wheras now they can do them for attempted murder or premeditated actual bodily harm and seek long term jail sentences. Sadly sometimes you have to look at collateral damage, for the greater good.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: When Teaching Religious Diversity Goes Wrong Feb 23, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:Anybody find it strange detectives had prior knowledge of the attack and yet did nothing to stop it

Ironically, if the detectives had done that, the brain trust in these parts would have concluded the arrested men were 'numpties'.
event horizon

Re: When Teaching Religious Diversity Goes Wrong Feb 23, 2011
event horizon wrote:

Ironically, if the detectives had done that, the brain trust in these parts would have concluded the arrested men were 'numpties'.

Yes EH, we must be very careful not to upset the moooslims, even if it means some poor Brit gets beaten up in his own Country.
Bethsmum

Re: When Teaching Religious Diversity Goes Wrong Feb 24, 2011
Further investigation revealed the following:

The detectives that were in charge of the case, Yousef Yousef, Ahmed Ahmed, Yousef Ahmed and Ahmed Yousef, did not act on the recording as they were investigating the teacher who was believed to be a member of the underground organization Loons Unite.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: When Teaching Religious Diversity Goes Wrong Feb 25, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:Further investigation revealed the following:

The detectives that were in charge of the case, Yousef Yousef, Ahmed Ahmed, Yousef Ahmed and Ahmed Yousef, did not act on the recording as they were investigating the teacher who was believed to be a member of the underground organization Loons Unite.

Ah! members of the Black Police Officers Association! That explains it! I have two cousins in the British Police and they are really pi$$ed that they can't join the White Police Officers Association. They aren't allowed one!!

For Black read Non white as it takes in all the mongrels.
Bethsmum

^Would the child of a Pakistani father and white English lady be classed as a 'mongrel'?

Or is any mixed race child a mongrel?

It is a shame that your parents didn't send you to diplomacy classes.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:^Would the child of a Pakistani father and white English lady be classed as a 'mongrel'?

Or is any mixed race child a mongrel?

It is a shame that your parents didn't send you to diplomacy classes.

Cheers,
Shafique

Shaf, you aren't exactly the best example of or the at height of diplomacy.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I haven't claimed to be. I hope you are not trying to start a fight.

But I'm still entitled to call out undiplomatic comments when they arise. Interesting point is that you're choosing to comment on my post and not BM's.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: When teaching religious diversity goes wrong Feb 25, 2011
I went to eloqution classes!
Bethsmum

I know, you mentioned in the thread about accents (and there you spelt it correctly, so I assume you're trying to fish for a fight - again ;) )

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: When Teaching Religious Diversity Goes Wrong Feb 27, 2011
shafique wrote:I know, you mentioned in the thread about accents (and there you spelt it correctly, so I assume you're trying to fish for a fight - again ;) )

Cheers,
Shafique

Don't have a go at my spelling, I may take offence, or is it offense, or a fence :D I'm pleased you remember what I say Shafique. Your posts go in one ear and out the other!
Bethsmum

Re: When Teaching Religious Diversity Goes Wrong Feb 27, 2011
shafique wrote:I haven't claimed to be. I hope you are not trying to start a fight.

But I'm still entitled to call out undiplomatic comments when they arise. Interesting point is that you're choosing to comment on my post and not BM's.

Cheers,
Shafique

BM doesn't portray herself to be something she's not. On the other hand, you...........well, I'll leave that to your imagination.

Are you going to perceive every comment made to you that you don't agree with as something to "start a fight"? Man up Shaf. I was just pointing out the obvious.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: When teaching religious diversity goes wrong Feb 27, 2011
Four men launched a horrific attack on a teacher in which they slashed his face and left him with a fractured skull because they did not approve of him teaching religion to Muslim girls.

this is chaos, these 4 if the story is true without hidden details must be strictly punished....

this remind me with my uncle, he lived in England for 15 years, and when he got a baby he wanted to put some values in her (its his point of view) he left back home without asking the English to adapt with his ideas...

what these 4 did in this way is a shame to be honest
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: When teaching religious diversity goes wrong Feb 27, 2011
Mahmoud04 wrote:

this is chaos, these 4 if the story is true without hidden details must be strictly punished....

this remind me with my uncle, he lived in England for 15 years, and when he got a baby he wanted to put some values in her (its his point of view) he left back home without asking the English to adapt with his ideas...

what these 4 did in this way is a shame to be honest

Well done Mahmoud04. Yes, it's a shame and a disgraceful behaviour. If people don't like the beliefs we live by and teach in our schools, they are certainly free to leave, even if they take their newly aquired British passport with them. We will have to live with that.
Bethsmum

Re: When Teaching Religious Diversity Goes Wrong Feb 28, 2011
BM :)
this apply to who lives in the middle east as well ;)... you know some ppl live in the Muslims / Arabs countries and earn their living and they don't miss a chance to criticize them :D... I am not against criticizing but in a friendly way, we aren't suppose to attack each other...

But I am 100 % with what I said, if you can't adapt with the community you are in leave it... and whoever don't respect the law in where he live should be punished no matter what his believes is...

its my opinion can be accepted or denied...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:BM :)
this apply to who lives in the middle east as well ;)... you know some ppl live in the Muslims / Arabs countries and earn their living and they don't miss a chance to criticize them :D... I am not against criticizing but in a friendly way, we aren't suppose to attack each other...

But I am 100 % with what I said, if you can't adapt with the community you are in leave it... and whoever don't respect the law in where he live should be punished no matter what his believes is...

its my opinion can be accepted or denied...

I have to agree with you 100%. In my previous internet life on JBRcommunity I always stood up to the knockers of Dubai. If you don't like it, then leave! I used to get some stick for that I can tell you! I am a big believer in, appreciate what you are given, it may not be perfect, if you can't improve it and it doesn't suit you, then draw a line and move on. There is no need to stick around if you don't like it. Just sod off. That's what I say to all those incomers to the UK.
Bethsmum

Subjects and its content are generally approved by the school board or the prinicpal of that school. If someone does not want their child to be exposed to a certain subject then the parent(s) can request that the child does not attend that class. Options exist: send that child to the "home" country for his/her studies or find a school that teaches according to the parental values, or spend the money and place the child in a private school. One cannot expect an educational institution, or work place, to change because the programs/rules don't fit into their religious values.

These people clearly did not comprehend that what is acceptable in their home country, is not acceptable elsewhere. The are living under the law of another country and I hope the law punishes them to the fullest extent.

I don't get expats who are so vocal in a negative way about the people in the country that they are work in, or the country itself, and consider themselves superior, yet have no problem taking the currency. How can you live day to day filled with animosity and so much discontent? Living like that has to be exhausting and can only end up being a very unhappy person harboring those feelings a thoughts on a constant basis. They only have themselves to blame.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums