What Do You Think Of These Anti-religion Proverbs?

Topic locked
What do you think of these anti-religion Proverbs? Jun 29, 2006
What do you think of these anti-religion Proverbs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Power corrupts; Absolute power corrupts absolutely; God is all-powerful. Draw your own conclusions."

"Surgeon General's Warning: Quitting Religion Now Greatly Increases the Chances of World Peace."

"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan

"God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?"

"It is an interesting and demonstrable fact, that all children are atheists and were religion not inculcated into their minds, they would remain so." - Ernestine Rose

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry

"I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're just making him madder and madder." - Homer Simpson

"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him." - Arthur C. Clarke

"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish." - Author Unknown

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you."

"Any belief worth having must survive doubt."

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

"Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate." - F. M. Knowles

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy." - David Brooks, The Necessity of Atheism

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." - Blaise Pascal

"Forgive, O Lord, any little jokes on Thee, and I'll forgive Thy great big one on me." - Robert Frost

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail" -Gustaf Lindborg

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet." -Napoleon Bonaparte

"Only the fool says in his heart: There is no god -- The wise says it to the world"

"Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith."

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." -Philip K. ****

"If 50 million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing" -Anatole France

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Traveller: God has been mighty good to your fields, Mr. Farmer.
Farmer: You should have seen how he treated them when I wasn't around.

"Theists think all gods but theirs are false. Atheists simply don't make an exception for the last one."

It's your god. They're your rules. *You* go to hell.

"The world holds two classes of men -- intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence." -Abu'l-Ala-Al-Ma'arri (973-1057; Syrian poet)

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." -Albert Einstein

"When belief in a god dies, the god dies." -Harlan Ellison

"If there is a God, atheism must strike Him as less of an insult than religion." -Edmond and Jules de Goncourt

"Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill millions and you are a conqueror. Kill all and you are God." -Jean Rostand

this was sent to me by email ..what do u think of it ?

TC

naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 01, 2006
thyre..um...cant anser!!..
but wht u knw is..U GOTTA REMOVe THeM herE!!

its jus mean..!! n wroNG!
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jul 02, 2006
Aren't they okay? Just like proverbs for religion are okay?
Rose91
Dubai Forum User

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums