Terrorists Are Destroying Islam!

Topic locked
Terrorists are destroying Islam! Jul 12, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read this shocking (and perhaps true??) opinion article by Minette Marrin in The Sunday Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... ments-form

Can Islam really be the religion of those people? Abuse happens in so many ways with people and behavior. Islam is also being abused and taken advantage of by the so-called muslim terrorists. They are using God's religion as a shield or a HAT to cover up their true sins and evil action. When you/ the world looks at them, all you can see is that fake shield (islam) that stands infront of them, hiding and 'protecting' their disastrous plans and real faithless soul.

They give Islam the worst image, one that is completely false. And the only reason they use Islam is because of its power and strength. They cannot use something that is already weak or that will not be able to defend them!!

beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 12, 2007
My theory is that the days of these muppets are numbered. The vast majority of muslims are law-abiding, peaceful and religious adherents to the tenets of the quran.

Extremists are ALWAYS ousted by the people eventually. Sanity WILL prevail and history will judge these abusers of power in the name of religion as harsh as the fires of hell when they eventually snuff it.
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 12, 2007
Well the Media is no help thats for sure. Every time I watch the news there is normally 2-3 stories on Islamic fundamentalists (london bombings, red mosque in pakistan).

Now the reality is very different - there are millions of Muslims who are peaceful and just want to get on with their life's and don't want to kill or maim anyone. Far from it they see terrorism as totally opposed to what true Islam means.

I remember during the 70's in the UK there was a lot of football violence (and football is very near a religion in the UK).

This violence (where anyone was attacked for supporting the wrong team or being in the wrong place, time) was shown a lot on television. This resulted in most people being concerned whenever they saw a male wearing a football shirt (they would feel fear).

Now - the reality was that huge majority of football fans were non-violent, working, honest people who wanted to take there kids to the game and enjoy the experience. About 3-5% were there to enjoy some violence.

It's sad - the same thing happened in parts of Europe against the Jews. They were depicted as wanting everyone to bow down to there religion and wanting world domination.

The reality was very different, but propaganda and the media managed allowed hate to be fueled in a whole country which left us with the Nazi's.

EDIT: I just read the article in full. Some of the points she makes are true, there are people such as certain imams who are openly preaching hate and violence against the UK and Europe (even though they UK have provided them a house to live in an free health care and welfare). Perhaps it is about time that the British Council of Muslims went and directly addressed and confronted these people. The media would cover that.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jul 23, 2007
I want to rephrase 'Islamic fundamentalists' to 'Islamic extremists'.

Islamic extremists and very far from fundamental.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums