Quran And Science (Conversation)

Topic locked
Re: Quran and Science (Conversation) Apr 01, 2010
This question by eh was asked in the thread about the Bible's claim that the earth stopped rotating. It is being moved here and I will deal with it in the next post

event horizon wrote:It's interesting how you ignore what the passages in the Koran (and my questions to you) actually say.

Again, which scientific textbook says that the sun orbits with respect to the earth?

After that, you can address the passages in the Koran which clearly state that the sun is raised each over the earth, etc.

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

eh wrote:It's interesting how you ignore what the passages in the Koran (and my questions to you) actually say.

Which particular passage have I ignored?

eh wrote:Again, which scientific textbook says that the sun orbits with respect to the earth?

Which scientific textbook says the sun does not rise and set, and follow a clear course in relation to the earth?

eh wrote:After that, you can address the passages in the Koran which clearly state that the sun is raised each over the earth, etc.

Well, post each and we'll see whether what God says is contradicted by science.

So far you've only succeeded in showing that your interpretations are fantastical and you are imagining words that aren't there. God doesn't say the orbits the earth - just that it follows a clear course and the movements of the sun and moon (and night and day) are God's gift to creation.

So, I am still waiting for your promised scientific explanation of the Bible's claims about the sun's movement. As you are the who said:

event horizon wrote:You'll need to start another thread.
This thread is on the Koran and science.

All mouth, no trousers.

Again.
Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

As I've stated - the Koran is quite clear that the sun's orbit is with respect to the earth. The passage has been quoted and you have failed to address the passage.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Quran and Science (Conversation) Apr 02, 2010
Nowhere does God say the sun orbits the earth. God's words are quite clear and are in accordance with science - the sun and moon have fixed/defined courses.

All Mouth, No Trousers.

Anyway, now we are free to see what your scientific explanation is in the other thread. Thus far it has been a very good impression of a vacuum!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Do you agree or disagree with allah that the sun has cycles with respect to the earth?
event horizon

Of course I agree with science and the Quran - both say quite clearly that the sun, moon etc have fixed orbits relative to other heavenly bodies.

Did you really not learn this in school?

Which particular bit of science do you disagree with - that the sun rises and sets each day? Or do you believe the sun can stop in the sky for a whole day??

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Quran and Science (Conversation) Apr 05, 2010
Yes, the Koran says that the sun cycles with respect to the earth.

The Koran also says the moon was split in half, Noah lived to be over 950 years in age and that humans are not descended from lower primates.
event horizon

shafique wrote:Of course I agree with science and the Quran - both say quite clearly that the sun, moon etc have fixed orbits relative to other heavenly bodies.

Did you really not learn this in school?

Which particular bit of science do you disagree with - that the sun rises and sets each day? Or do you believe the sun can stop in the sky for a whole day??

Cheers,
Shafique

No, of course I don't think that allah rises and sets each day - nor do I believe the Koran when it says that sun sinks into the water. Are you telling me that you do?
event horizon

So you did learn in school that the sun rises and sets.

What's all the fuss about then 'eh'?

Is it because you don't, after all, have a scientific explanation of how the earth can stop rotating for a whole day?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Why not address what the Koran says - that the sun cycles with respect to the earth, that the sun sets in water, that allah raises the sun, etc?
event horizon

I still don't see what the fuss is about 'eh'.

God says that the sun and moon have fixed orbits relative to other heavenly bodies, but this seems to be a concept that you think violates the laws of physics. God says that the sun rises and sets, and in the night and day there are signs for mankind. You seem to be saying this is against science - but I've not yet met a scientist who says the sun doesn't rise and set - perhaps you have?

Anyway, it's so far 12 days since I asked you to give us the scientific explanation for the Bible's claims that the sun stopped in the sky for a whole day.

Is Google working too slowly for you?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Fuss indeed.

Allah clearly says the sun cycles with respect to the earth. Do you have a science book to quote that is in agreement with this claim?

AMNT ?
event horizon

Re: Quran and Science (Conversation) Apr 06, 2010
event horizon wrote:Fuss indeed.

Allah clearly says the sun cycles with respect to the earth. Do you have a science book to quote that is in agreement with this claim?

AMNT ?
event horizon

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums