http://www.mpacuk.org/content/view/2857/35/

viewsoniczee
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 18, 2006
Excellent article
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 18, 2006
Interesting article....didn't get the connection between Muslims and Jews though.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 18, 2006
Some people just love to sound off about so called “Islamophobia”.
Muslims in Europe, USA or the Middle East have no complaisant to ghettoisation, denial of basic human rights, forced conversion, or the enforcement of them to wear special and distinctive clothes(The clothes choice of the Muslimsis there own) and badges is what Jews experienced.

So long as ill-informed people keep claiming that what is happening to Muslims is the New Holocaust and the Israeli-Jews/US/UK are Nazis.

Then these claims can be ignored. They use these terms to claim parity with the victimisation and suffering of the Jews
satan-the-redeema
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 19, 2006
mema wrote:Excellent article

No, very bad article. The teacher was an English instructor teaching students to learn English. It was the students (who were from Pakistan and other places) that complained about the veil being in the way, mitigating their ability to learn because they could not follow the way the instructor would pronounce words.

Article wrote: believe that Jews in Britain have too much influence over British foreign policy: 53 percent.
Believe that Jews in Britain are in league with the Freemasons to control the media and politics: 46 percent.
Believe that Jews in Britain are "legitimate targets as part of the ongoing struggle for justice in the Middle East": 37 percent.

same article wrote:Personally have any sympathy with the feelings and motives of those who carried out the London attacks: 20 percent.
Support there being areas of Britain which are pre-dominantly Muslim and in which Sharia Law is introduced: 40 percent.

http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/483

Article wrote:huge rise in violent attacks on homose.xuals.

Article wrote:The association said the accompanying text made clear Christians were not the only group accused, in fact a quarter of the alleged incidents were provoked by Muslims, it said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061018/od_nm/britain_ad_dc

Nuff said
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Oct 20, 2006
valkyrie wrote:
mema wrote:Excellent article

No, very bad article. The teacher was an English instructor teaching students to learn English. It was the students (who were from Pakistan and other places) that complained about the veil being in the way, mitigating their ability to learn because they could not follow the way the instructor would pronounce words.

i stick to my opinion its an excellent article (i have my own views on the veil issue) however the article raised valied points, dont't impose your ideas on me
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 20, 2006
valkyrie wrote:
Q. Are British Muslims doing enough?
A. No.
http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/483

Valkyrie
For someone who claims to be anti zionist, Why do you utilise quotes and stats from one of the most vocal ones?
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 21, 2006
The surveys, as far as I know weren't taken by Daniel Pipes. I found them on his website while searching for opinion surveys on Britains Muslim population. I personally think it's fine to post information from a rightwing website as long as the information is correct. If you think British Muslims aren't radicalized or disagree with my link than address it.

has found that more than one in ten thinks that the men who carried out the London bombings of 7/7 should be regarded as “martyrs”. Sixteen per cent of British Muslims, equivalent to more than 150,000 adults, believe that while the attacks were wrong, the cause was right.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 64,00.html

If British Muslims are doing enough, why is it that French Muslims are more tolerant than their British co-religionists? French Muslims report bad experiences attributed to their 'race', ethnicity and religion in higher percentages than british Muslims. I think it's also fair to say that French Muslims have higher levels of unemployment than British Muslims. There is an obvious dichotomy between the treatment of Muslims in Britain and France, but also the perception of the attitudes that Muslims have in their 'host' countries. Paradoxically, British Muslims despite reporting less racism against them are more radicalized than French Muslims. I still stand by what I said earlier. Are British Muslims doing enough? No.

article wrote:This perception of welcome persists despite the fact that French Muslims are somewhat more likely than those in other European countries to report that they have had a bad experience attributable to their race, ethnicity or religion. Nearly four-in-ten Muslims (37%) in France report such incidents, compared with 28% in Britain, 25% in Spain and 19% in Germany. Younger French Muslims are more likely to report a bad experience -- 40% of those under age 35 compared with 31% of those age 35 or older.

same article wrote:But what most distinguishes French Muslims from their co-religionists not only in the Muslim world but in Europe, is their attitude toward Jews. Fully 71% of French Muslims express a positive view of people of the Jewish faith, compared with only 38% of German Muslims, 32% of British Muslims, 28% of Spanish Muslims and still lower numbers in the predominantly Muslim countries surveyed. In this, Muslims reflect the view of the larger French public among whom fully 86% express a favorable opinion of Jews, a higher proportion than even than among the American public.

http://pewresearch.org/obdeck/?ObDeckID=50
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Oct 21, 2006
have to agree with mema here...good article! :P
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 21, 2006
Egyptian students who wear the veil could face expulsion from a leading university if they refuse to uncover their faces.

Helwan University has already banished students from residence halls and has threatened to expel from campus those who turn up with their faces covered, university officials said on Friday.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/ ... 4ACB6A.htm

I find it curious that two minor incidents are labelled islamophobic but in egypt and other muslim countries can ban the veil, and in countries, cases headscarves with impunity :roll:
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Oct 21, 2006
valkyrie wrote:The surveys, as far as I know weren't taken by Daniel Pipes. I found them on his website while searching for opinion surveys on Britains Muslim population. I personally think it's fine to post information from a rightwing website as long as the information is correct. If you think British Muslims aren't radicalized or disagree with my link than address it.

Daniel Pipes has never been known to have presented reliable facts. So anything on his site is in line with his thinkings - therefore flawed and lacks serious credibility....

Theres more to life than Murdoch Media and other zionists.

If you actually lived in the UK you would not hold that opinion.
valkyrie wrote:If British Muslims are doing enough, why is it that French Muslims are more tolerant than their British co-religionists?

there was the Riots, Violent Riots for weeks. Very tolerant indeed.
valkyrie wrote:I find it curious that two minor incidents are labelled islamophobic but in egypt and other muslim countries can ban the veil, and in countries, cases headscarves with impunity

Just a reminder, One has a full fledged Democracy which respects all rights, hence there is uproar when breached.
The other is in a Semi Dictatorship like government who arrest people for demonstrating.

Maybe, thats why?
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 24, 2006
As I predicted, you casually ignored the vast majority of my post.

rvp_legend wrote:Daniel Pipes has never been known to have presented reliable facts. So anything on his site is in line with his thinkings - therefore flawed and lacks serious credibility....

Theres more to life than Murdoch Media and other zionists.

If you actually lived in the UK you would not hold that opinion.

If you can't offer a convincing counter-argument the next best thing to do is to discredit the source or shoot the messenger boy, eh?

rvp_legend wrote:valkyrie wrote:

If British Muslims are doing enough, why is it that French Muslims are more tolerant than their British co-religionists?

there was the Riots, Violent Riots for weeks. Very tolerant indeed.

Contrary to your naive understanding of the riots/protests, this situation had absolutely nothing to do with Islam. It's not logical to explain every violent conflict in the world involving those of Muslim/North African/ Arab heritage as being Islamist. Especially as this is more obviously a class war about employment, poverty, etc that happens to overlap with issues of identity because of discrimination in French society.

If anything's coming back to bite France in anyway, it would be their former empire haunting them.

rvp_legend wrote:Just a reminder, One has a full fledged Democracy which respects all rights, hence there is uproar when breached.
The other is in a Semi Dictatorship like government who arrest people for demonstrating.

Maybe, thats why?

Like Turkey?
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums