Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah?

Topic locked
Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Dec 03, 2009
:lol:

So you do want me to do your homework.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sorry, how is asking you to confirm that you really do not have an opinion of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad have anything to do with reading the articles I have posted?

I mean, it's not like I expect you to read books on the topics you pontificate on - such as your beliefs on the Sanhedrin, the epistle (Gospel???) of James, Rabbinic Judaism and the Talmud, first century Christian ministry, the Acts of the Apostles, your quaint habit of pluralizing the book of Revelation, claiming that I have not cited experts who have explained that Islam means submission, not peace, etc.

I'm simply asking you if you really do not have an opinion on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. Is that so difficult to ask?

Or perhaps you would rather not divulge a (truthful) answer in front of the Muslim members of this forum????
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I just find it amusing that you start a whole thread supposedly asking a question about someone who you have only 'read a few paragraphs' and instead of doing your homework keep insisting I give you my opinion on the subject.

This is odd, as I've admitted that I too haven't read through what you posted.

Perhaps you find it odd that others don't jump to conclusions like you do and are waiting for you to provide a summary of the arguments (for and against) before commenting further?

You haven't answered by question about whether your school chums do your homework for you or whether they insist you do your own reading?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Perhaps you find it odd that others don't jump to conclusions like you do and are waiting for you to provide a summary of the arguments (for and against) before commenting further?

Yup, how has your analysis on the Acts of the Apostles come along? Have you found that passage where Paul persuaded Peter to convert Cornelius?

Also, when are you planning on providing verses from the Pauline epistles where you claim Paul discusses the Trinity???

Oh, and I'm sorry if I missed it - could you please confirm whether you have an opinion of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad?

I mean, you spend so much time copy/pasting articles from that site and you claim to have read one of the books from that site (it was pretty lengthy IIRC). So, in all those hours you spent on that Ahmadi site, are you telling me that you do not have any opinions on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad?

This must be a first that you have no opinion on a topic.
event horizon

There are many topics I don't have opinions on - you could have posted the whole of the Guru Granth, for example, and I would have had to admit that I hadn't read it and couldn't give you an opinion of it without reading it.

But why did you post all the articles and then admit you've only read 'a few paragraphs' on the subject? Why don't you read 'a few paragraphs' of what Memon wrote and compare and contrast?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Dec 04, 2009
event horizon wrote:
event horizon wrote:I didn't see an answer to this question:

could you confirm that you really do not have an opinion on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad???

^^^

^^^
event horizon

:mrgreen:

Still not reading my posts I see.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Shafique, do you have an opinionon Mirza Ghulam Ahmad???

I would like to know if you consider him a false prophet, gangster and fraud.

Additionally, could you let me know if you believe Jesus was crucified or not? The Koran clearly says he wasn't, but Ahmadis/Qadianis dispute the clear passage of the Koran (arguing by default that the Koran is unclear) and believe that Jesus indeed was crucified.

Surely you have made up your mind on that issue, right?
event horizon

:alien:

What part of my previous posts confused you? Was it where I said that, like you, I hadn't actually read what you posted - or was it the part where I said I was still interested in you summarising the points made by Memon.

To be honest, I'm trying to emulate your usual MO in this thread by not actually reading what you post (and, additonally) trying out a new smiley in each reply.

I've still got to use the funny santa/smurf one.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Feb 22, 2010
Bump for any Muslim to answer the questions in the OP.
event horizon

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Feb 22, 2010
Was the question difficult for you, shafique?

Do you consider Mirza Ghulam Ahmad a false prophet?
event horizon

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Feb 23, 2010
shafique wrote::alien:

What part of my previous posts confused you? Was it where I said that, like you, I hadn't actually read what you posted - or was it the part where I said I was still interested in you summarising the points made by Memon.

To be honest, I'm trying to emulate your usual MO in this thread by not actually reading what you post (and, additonally) trying out a new smiley in each reply.

I've still got to use the funny santa/smurf one.

Cheers,
Shafique

Let me know if you still need any part of the above clarified.

I really can't understand why you want me to do your homework for you. Is it because I'm asking you about Rapture, who Killed Jesus etc etc?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I'm simply asking you for your opinion of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad - the 'promised Messiah'.

That has nothing to do with reading any article in this thread. Since you rely on a Qadiani missionary website for your information on the Bible (and you regularly post copy/pastes from that site as well), I figured you would have an opinion of Mirza Ghulam, the false prophet.

Do you or don't you have an opinion of Mirza Ahmad?
event horizon

I know what you are asking - I was merely asking you whether my reply to your original query is confusing you.

You pasted a lot of info giving one perspective, which I suspect you haven't actually read. I merely asked you to summarise the responses to the allegations given in the book by Memon. You can then give us your views on what Memon says.

As I stated above, I haven't actually read what you posted - because I'm not sure you have read it either.

If you want a debate about the prophecies of the Messiah to come in Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism etc and what the criteria are to recognise said Messiah, then I'm happy to enter into that debate and refer you to reading materials on the subject.

However, given that you don't agree with Prof Hans Kung et al who say that Muhammad, pbuh, fulfils the criteria for being a prophet (according to the Bible) - I think it would be pretty futile to discuss with you whether the Mahdi in Sudan, the 12th Imam of the Shias, Bahaullah, Bab or Mirza Ghulam Ahmad are the 'Promised Messiah' awaited by Muslims.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Hey, I'm simply asking you if you have an opinion of Mirza Ahmad.

Do you have one?
event horizon

I have studied the claims of the Mahdi of Sudan, Bab, Bahullah, 12th Imam shias, Druze and Ahmadis (and others). I've actually read Memon's book which I linked to, and hence why I'm referring you to it.

I don't want to prejudice your research with my conclusions.

As I said, I am not willing to do your homework on this - because I suspect you haven't actually begun reading up on the subject at all and have only cut and pasted articles which you haven't read or understood. If you have,then simply read and report back on what Memon says.

(I'll give you a hint though - I don't agree with every argument of Memon's)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums