INSPIRATIONAL MUSLIM LADY

Topic locked
INSPIRATIONAL MUSLIM LADY Nov 18, 2011

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: INSPIRATIONAL MUSLIM LADY Nov 19, 2011
Islam On Demand? :lol: :lol:

How on earth is this woman inspirational? She has chosen to follow islam. So what?

She doesn't inspire me one little bit.

Why does someone have to wear their religion like a badge? If you want to be a Muslim, it should be a personal thing and not take over your whole life.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

It is what she said is inspirational.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

andy888 wrote:everyone have right to choose their life

Exactly!
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:It is what she said is inspirational.

I don't normally watch these daft clips but it was a slow night last night so I watched yours. What did she say that you find so inspirational? She didn't do it for me.
Religion should not be shouted from the rooftops nor should you have to wear stupid clothes to single you out as a particular follower of any faith.

-- Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:37 pm --

andy888 wrote:everyone have right to choose their life , so do not take it so serious

Exactly!

Then why try to force feed Islam to everyone?
Bethsmum

I agree with BM, one of the main problems I have is that so many Muslims need to throw Islam right in your face. Keep it to yourself please!

The woman has a very good point though, that in order to convince others of Islam, you have to be an example of what Islam is. No need to quote endless sura's or whatever. Thing is, if we keep it to DF, I have rarely seen so much hatred as from the Muslim posters on DF. Also, so many things are defended by them that are so far away from me, like corporal punishment for wifes, child brides etc. If Muslims posters on DF are an example, NO THANK YOU! And keep Islam to yourself. A day doesn't pass by on DF where Muslim posters donot show their hatred. Show me the love!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bethsmum wrote:Then why try to force feed Islam to everyone?

Not force feeding on anyone, if you don't like the topic then don't click on the thread.

-- Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:43 pm --

Bethsmum wrote:
Nucleus wrote:It is what she said is inspirational.

I don't normally watch these daft clips but it was a slow night last night so I watched yours. What did she say that you find so inspirational? She didn't do it for me.
Religion should not be shouted from the rooftops nor should you have to wear stupid clothes to single you out as a particular follower of any faith.

She is saying to properly practice Islam. Her advice is to muslims I don't know why it is bothering you so much?

Following verse from Quran sums it up:

It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkîn (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât, and gives the Zakât, and keep their word whenever they make a promise, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of persecution, hardship, and war. Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).

(Quran 2:177)
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: INSPIRATIONAL MUSLIM LADY Nov 23, 2011
What is interesting is that the reasons people give for choosing to become Muslims and following the commandments laid down by God in the Quran have this common theme.

Islam gives them peace, it doesn't offend logic and is full of Wisdom. As the lady says - the reality of someone living Islam has led to others joining Islam.

She is, after all, just following what God says in the Quran:
Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

It is funny (but not surprising) that we will get 'sour grapes' posts about Muslims being hateful etc - when the reality is that on this forum only the Islamophobes have condoned the actual killings of humans when they are Muslims - herve expressed his nazi views that Muslims are less than human and celebrated killings (and I suspect this nazi view got him banned), and eh is the most extreme religious fanatic posting here (condoning the enslavement of virgins and killing of babies etc). FD unashamedly condones war crimes when they are committed by Israel, and criticises others for highlighting Israel's war crimes.

But this lady is inspirational and counters these loon views.

Thanks Nucleus.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I don't know why Herve got banned and neither do you Shafique, unless it was you who complained about him and got him banned.
It's just aswell I'm not the complaining kind because you deserved a ban for accusing me of posting disgusting images under the name BMdaughter, calling me a liar on numerous occassions and taking the pi$$ out of my daughter.
So don't start bad mouthing Herve here. He's twice the man you'll ever be.
As for FD and EH, well they're here to answer you themselves and they're more than a match for you and your repetative baiting posts.
Bethsmum

shafique wrote:
It is funny (but not surprising) that we will get 'sour grapes' posts about Muslims being hateful etc - when the reality is that on this forum only the Islamophobes have condoned the actual killings of humans when they are Muslims - herve expressed his nazi views that Muslims are less than human and celebrated killings (and I suspect this nazi view got him banned), and eh is the most extreme religious fanatic posting here (condoning the enslavement of virgins and killing of babies etc). FD unashamedly condones war crimes when they are committed by Israel, and criticises others for highlighting Israel's war crimes.

Cheers,
Shafique

What a nasty piece of work you really are! you should be ashamed of yourself! :disgust:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Herve expresses nazi views, celebrates the killing of humans, eh excuses the killing of babies etc - and I'm the one that should be ashamed? :roll:

Now, if I was lying about these posts by the Islamophobes - I would indeed have cause to be ashamed. But when an Islamophobe accuses Muslim posters of hatred, I do feel it appropriate to set the record straight about who is posting hateful messages.

Coming back to the topic - the lady is eloquent about what true Islam actually looks like and how it attracts people, despite what common misconceptions of Islam are.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Shaf showing only hate, hate and hate again. Is this what your prophet teaches you? Are you following his example?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Islam teaches us to tell the truth. It is interesting to see how different people react when their views are exposed, and how some decide to throw false accusations to cover their hatred towards others.

I've never excused any war crime, FD has, I've never condoned the killing of babies or enslavement of virgins.. but eh has. Herve's vile views were the more extreme end of loon views - but he's not here to defend his nazi viewpoint.

Sunlight is a great disinfectant - and it is easy to distinguish loon fantasies about hateful posts (that don't actually exist) and their own hateful views.

Where is the love indeed. But let's understand, this is a natural reaction by hateful people when the facts presented in the OP are shown.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

That wasn't very inspirational. ;-)
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I'm not surprised that you thought so. ;)

But let's get back to the topic, the lady in the OP makes very good points on what Islam actually is for those who follow it. She knows what she is talking about, and it is interesting that over twenty years many of her initially sceptical family members also saw the light.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

guys.... every1 one have their beliefs and views... and not all muslims are the same, islam teaches one thing, and every human being is taking it differently... so we shudnt judge the religion itself but more how people are reacting to it... the problem nowadays is a lot of people forgot the logic in religion and start weird interpretations in islam.. but you guys should not judge islam to what u hear from people, if u really wanna know abt it, do the search urself, if not then dont talk either... and ya i agree with teaching islam is by our behaviour, many people behave sooo badly and then they will start quoting and talk abt hadith to teach islam, which i think is soooo bad....
MarN21
Dubai Forums Member

shafique wrote:I've never excused any war crime, FD has, I've never condoned the killing of babies or enslavement of virgins.. but eh has. Herve's vile views were the more extreme end of loon views - but he's not here to defend his nazi viewpoint.

Cheers,
Shafique

It's only a coward that would continue to attack someone when they are incapable of defending themselves.

Herve has fought for his country and therefore that makes him a hero. He is not a Nazi and I find it extremely offensive that you continue to call him one.
Bethsmum

Herve was proud of his nazi views and never backed down, indeed he tried to convince me that I should share his view. He failed miserably. The posts are still there - where he expressed and defended his hatred of Muslims, in exactly the same way Nazis hated Jews. But as I said, he's gone now and the place has a little less hate filled posts as a result. It is highly interesting that you're critical of me referring to his hate-filled posts and that you choose to defend him, rather than join me in condemning his Nazi views.

Can we now focus on the thread's topic - which is how people are inspired by Muslims living Islam as it should be lived?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Can we now focus on the thread's topic - which is how people are inspired by Muslims living Islam as it should be lived?

Do you consider yourself an example? Do you live Islam as it should be lived?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Telling the truth and exposing and denouncing injustices is just one of the aspects of Islam. When it comes to explaining the truth about Islamic teachings, I do indeed agree with the lady that one's actions should be in total accordance with the beautiful, logical and peaceful teachings of Islam. I do indeed try to live by those tenets.

On line, I am vocal about denouncing all and every injustice and distancing myself from those who hate other groups from being 'different'. I particularly focus on those who deliberately mislead.

I also go out of my way so that I don't generalise - for instance, where one person condones a war crime, I don't try and argue that all of his fellow citizens share his view. That's just and quite Islamic, don't you agree?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I do indeed try to live by those tenets.

So, you do consider yourself an example of what Islam is.

shafique wrote:That's just and quite Islamic, don't you agree?

If I would consider you an example of Islam, there is nothing just about it. Its hatefull, black inside and vindicative to the extreme.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

shafique wrote:Herve was proud of his nazi views and never backed down, indeed he tried to convince me that I should share his view. He failed miserably. The posts are still there - where he expressed and defended his hatred of Muslims, in exactly the same way Nazis hated Jews. But as I said, he's gone now and the place has a little less hate filled posts as a result. It is highly interesting that you're critical of me referring to his hate-filled posts and that you choose to defend him, rather than join me in condemning his Nazi views.

Can we now focus on the thread's topic - which is how people are inspired by Muslims living Islam as it should be lived?

Cheers,
Shafique

It was you who took it off topic by mentioning Herve. And yes, I will defend him. He is a very nice person who I would consider a friend. I make allowances for people who I believe have been treated unjustly. You should try it sometime.
I would defend my friends whether I agreed with everything they wrote or not.
Bethsmum

I am also sure that Herve is a very nice person, but he did tend to rave on a bit with his anti-arab/muslim views and not backing them up with a lot of substance other than his personal experiences and subjective articles.
Not that he deserves to be banned for this, because I can think of at least one other person who raves on about how good islam is and refuses to accept any statement refuting anything to do with it.
benwj

BM - you have a weird way of reading posts. FD is the one that claimed that Muslim posters here were the ones making hate filled posts, I countered that post with the observations of who actually has been posting hate filled messages (rather than imagined ones that FD has dreamt up). It is a bit rich to say I took the thread off topic!!

But when it comes to Islam and the virtues the lady refers to in the OP - I agree with her. Can't see how that relates to herve's hatred of Muslims though.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

All religions preach similar ideals Shafique, acceptance, tollerance, equality etc.
Islam is not a lot different in that respect.
You can preach all day about the virtues of islam and it is there to read in black and white, but the proof is in the pudding.
How followers choose to enact their faith is the difference.
By 'surendering' oneself to a religion one can fall in any direction.
If they are an aggressive person by nature, they will chose the aggressive option to prove their faith.
benwj

Re: INSPIRATIONAL MUSLIM LADY Nov 24, 2011
Benjw - I totally agree that all religions have the same moral code.

I also agree that the proof of the pudding is in the eating - and you should indeed judge Islam by what it presents as theory and what it manifests in the adherents that choose to follow it as a guide to live their lives. It has a temporal (social/worldly) and a spiritual aspect. It is therefore more than just the moral code - although that is an important part of the faith.

This thread is about how one particular convert lived her life according to Islam and how this influenced those around her.

I highlighted how her approach is actually what God ordains in the Quran - He does not advocate an aggressive approach to preaching, and that is one of the many beauties of Islam.

I'll always argue that you can't blame Islam for the misdeeds of Muslims who choose not to follow Islam's teachings - but rather you should judge Islam on its actual teachings and on the behaviour/practice of Muslims following these tenets - as epitomised in the OP. You definitely shouldn't judge Islam based on loon fantasies that bear no relation to actual teachings of Islam (eg that Islam allows paedophillila or any number of other rogue beliefs)!

Indeed, given the initial scepticism and opposition to the lady's conversion - the family members who chose Islam subsequently will have had to examine each of these rogue loon beliefs and discovered the truth about what Islam actually teaches.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Who can blame people for seeing Islam as a threat when we have people like you banging on about it 24/7?

If anyone was ever to put me off Islam, it's you! And the lady in the OP? Well I feel truely sorry for her.
Bethsmum

From your posts BM, you hated Islam and Muslims long before you posted here. Just saying.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: INSPIRATIONAL MUSLIM LADY Nov 26, 2011
You're welcome Shafique. And thanks, that was a well written summary of the video!

-- Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:03 am --

benwj wrote:All religions preach similar ideals Shafique, acceptance, tollerance, equality etc.
Islam is not a lot different in that respect.

True in general, but there are things in detail. Taking for example, equality, in salat number of times I've prayed shoulder to shoulder with my servant. That just reinforces the idea in mind that we are equal as humans and in-front of God.

Then there are theological differences like nature of God, original sin, etc... What there is in mainstream Christianity, if that was there in Islam then probably I would not have been muslim, even though what you said would still be true; for me theological reasons are the main reasons. Following post might give better idea what I'm trying to say here: philosophy-dubai/god-were-one-t5633.html

benwj wrote:You can preach all day about the virtues of islam and it is there to read in black and white, but the proof is in the pudding.

True as far as follower is concerned, but I don't judge Catholism by some pedo priests. In a country you don't expect everybody to follow the laws and live in the true spirit, same is true for any religion. For me it has to do with theological reasons.

benwj wrote:By 'surendering' oneself to a religion one can fall in any direction.
If they are an aggressive person by nature, they will chose the aggressive option to prove their faith.

I wouldn't call it 'surrendering' if one doesn't have objectivity in following a religion and doesn't reform.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: INSPIRATIONAL MUSLIM LADY Nov 28, 2011
Nucleus wrote:
benwj wrote:You can preach all day about the virtues of islam and it is there to read in black and white, but the proof is in the pudding.

True as far as follower is concerned, but I don't judge Catholism by some pedo priests. In a country you don't expect everybody to follow the laws and live in the true spirit, same is true for any religion. For me it has to do with theological reasons.

The proof is in the pudding.
Catholism is known for it's pedeophile priests.
Islam is know for it's terrorist groups.

Don't ask me why, thats just how it is.
benwj

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums