Al Guardian Defends Captain Of The Costa Concordia

Topic locked
Re: Al Guardian Defends Captain Of The Costa Concordia Jan 21, 2012
It is quite obvious that you were attempting to insult me by the use of the term Grandma, or why else would you have brought it up? Two others have called you on it too. Do you make it your life's work to never admit you're wrong?

Despite your protestations, I'm quite sure you would not be impressed if I refered to the colour of your skin for no apparant reason.

professorgreen
BANNED

BM - calm down. Go back and re-read the post in question (here's an extract):
shafique wrote:For my part, I thanked him for posting two interesting articles from this quality paper and applaud him for doing so. It would indeed be a bonus if the articles are read and understood - but let's be grateful for small mercies. What do you say grandma - agree or disagree? ;)

.. and also note the post I was replying to.

Now, let's see if we can get back on track with FD's outstanding question:

shafique wrote:why don't we discuss your erudite point concerning goat-hair socks:

Where's your proof that the author of the article wears goat woolen socks?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

You misunderstood, when I wrote (goat) woolen socks brigade, it was a matter of speech.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

shafique , It is only you that needs to keep calm. You have shown your true colours once again with your personal attacks. Just because you wrap them up in waffle, it doesn't take it away from the fact that you can't help yourself.

I won't lower myself in retaliating to your name calling.
professorgreen
BANNED

Flying Dutchman wrote:You misunderstood, when I wrote (goat) woolen socks brigade, it was a matter of speech.

What I thought you were doing was trying to give a smoke and mirrors attack against the journalist and accuse him of being a left-wing 'freak' - the sort who would be caricatured as sandal-wearing, or socks and sandals. But I was not sure. Your post speaking of 'empirical evidence' caused me to ask for further clarification. :
Flying Dutchman wrote:The density of grey goat woolen socks wearers tends to be higher in these circles. Just an empirical observation.

But thanks for clearing it up - I think your meaning just got lost in the translation. ;)

BM - I welcome your commitment to not resort to name calling. :hello1: :hello1:

BTW - isn't your suspension over yet (or are you not BM after all? :? ) :D :D
(I, however, again draw your attention to the post of yours which I replied to. )

Now, coming back to the topic - again I see that the Guardian has produced a thought-provoking article which has generated many interesting comments on the website. I think he makes some valid observations, but I agree that the captain is a coward.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I have nothing against sandals. :-)
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

You should be grateful I'm not the complaining type or you might have found yourself on the naughty step with BM.
professorgreen
BANNED

Flying Dutchman wrote:I have nothing against sandals.

Well, something else we have in common then ! :D

I look forward to more thought provoking articles from the Guardian then - thanks for posting this one.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Al Guardian Defends Captain Of The Costa Concordia Jan 22, 2012
To me trying to explain away how the captain became a sissy coward and endangered hundreds of lives is not thought provoking, but ok, its another framework of reference I guess.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Al Guardian Defends Captain Of The Costa Concordia Jan 22, 2012
Sure - however you want to characterise the article, you read it and linked to it. The comments on the website showed that it generated a lot of interest, and a few additional points which were new to me.

Bravo the Guardian.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums